Game Day Peter Jackson VFL Grand Final - Casey Scorpions v Footscray - Etihad Stadium, 3pm

Klyntonius

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2004
The nearest twisties
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Kawasaki Racing, Falcons, Pelicans
Missus has said she has never seen anything like it. Rooms were silent. No one was talking and most of the boys are trying to hold back tears
She's pretty shattered :(

It's a lot of hard work for no reward, especially when they know they're capable of so much more. A really bitter pill to swallow.

Apr 14, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Lakers,Chelsea F.C.
I would be seething aswell.
Was it just me or did the first half look like a completely different outfit to the second half.

We were up and about, kicked goals, stuck it up there supporters, had Wieds and Smithy taking pack marks. Then the second half started and we couldnt buy a goal.

DemonTim

Cancelled
10k Posts The Trident - Awarded to posters who do a hell of a lot on the Dees board
Jul 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Was it just me or did the first half look like a completely different outfit to the second half.

We were up and about, kicked goals, stuck it up there supporters, had Wieds and Smithy taking pack marks. Then the second half started and we couldnt buy a goal.
We didn't even play like ourselves in the first half either.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne

We had a poor first half I thought, we were winning the ball but disposal was shithouse. 2nd half Dogs got going and we couldn't stay with them.

deeco

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 3, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Classic ******* Dees in the 3rd quarter, go to sleep and wake up 5-15 goals down.

Sigh, good on the Dogs, showed up all game unlike our boys. Roll on 2017.

DemonTim

Cancelled
10k Posts The Trident - Awarded to posters who do a hell of a lot on the Dees board
Jul 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Good on plappy. Got around the boys. Encouraged them, told them to be proud

The Dr

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Was a difficult game to watch live from a Casey/Melbourne perspective.

Few quick thoughts before I (hopefully) forget what happened:

-Clarry was far and away our best player. A raging bull inside the contest, unbelievable hands, keeps going and going and going, and pretty solid by foot.
-Forward line was dysfunctional.
-Expected more from ANB, Grimes, Trenners and co in the guts, but none of them were impactful.
-Thought Spencer was supposed to be really good at VFL level? He was pretty woeful.
-Weid is a bit slow but attacks the ball with ferocity in the air. Reckon he'll be very good in time.
-Garland has fallen a long, long way. Dunn still has a bit to offer as a one-on-one key defender.

Despite all this, having our seconds play in a grand final after winning two finals is a great sign. Lots of positives for the future.

Jun 23, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Los Angeles Clippers
I agree on Dunn, He was not beaten in 1 on 1 and rarely has been from what ive seen. If we aint gonna use him i hope he goes to Brisbane and plays out a few years really tough that he wasnt used this season as hes better than OMac by miles but hopefully OMac is better for the experience in the long run :rolleyes:

darthsidusfan how am I going to know it's you
Hey schmuttt super sorry, Etihad's crappy wifi went down on me at the game so i didn't know. Did you sit in the same area or go somewhere else? Sorry again, blame that hole of a stadium

Honestly i think we were holding on first half.

Perhaps the Melbourne listed players realised they were playing at Etihad at half time

I agree on Dunn, He was not beaten in 1 on 1 and rarely has been from what ive seen. If we aint gonna use him i hope he goes to Brisbane and plays out a few years really tough that he wasnt used this season as hes better than OMac by miles but hopefully OMac is better for the experience in the long run :rolleyes:
OMac coming good at a rate of knots, he's not Dunn one-on-one but he and Frost both offer better rebound than Brush.

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
Random question:

Were any senior listed Dees hanging around watching everything? I noticed all the doggies were there, would be massively disappointed if Godwin and the players were busy smashing crown lagers instead :/

I'm sure they were but it was odd because i never saw them on TV but they showed dogs players a bit

Random question:

Were any senior listed Dees hanging around watching everything? I noticed all the doggies were there, would be massively disappointed if Godwin and the players were busy smashing crown lagers instead :/

I'm sure they were but it was odd because i never saw them on TV but they showed dogs players a bit
Saw footage of Goodwin pre game but didn't see too many other lads there.

Random question:

Gawn and Watts were lurking about on level 2. I would think a lot were in attendance but of course with the media having a dog wank at the moment all the attention was on them. Even my bulldogs mate reckons Etihad's screens cut to it to many times and it was a little bias

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
Gawn and Watts were lurking about on level 2. I would think a lot were in attendance but of course with the media having a dog wank at the moment all the attention was on them. Even my bulldogs mate reckons Etihad's screens cut to it to many times and it was a little bias
Sweet, thanks!

I don't mind the "dog wank" as you eloquently describe it; but hopefully it will be the Demons rags-to-riches story soon enough.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Plenty of Melbourne listed players would be interstate or overseas.

The senior sides season finished well over 4 weeks ago, so you wouldn't expect them to stay in town purely on the chance Casey made the GF.
I read that first up as interstate or obese.

Plenty of Melbourne listed players would be interstate or overseas.

The senior sides season finished well over 4 weeks ago, so you wouldn't expect them to stay in town purely on the chance Casey made the GF.
I would assume they'd still be around, doing bits of training and there after mad monday clearing off for the break

DemonTim

Cancelled
Jul 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Most of them were there fellas. They were in the rooms post game

Back