Movie What's the last movie you saw? (4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stage Fright

A combined musical/slasher movie.

Really enjoyed it.

Blair Witch.

Saw the poor reviews and didn't think it could possibly be as bad as people were saying... found that people had been generous.

What an incredible boring, annoying, total copy of the first movie that fails, on practically every level to be unique and provide any actual scares.

Also, **** whoever designed Blair Witch! I'd been so excited to see her and what we get is something that looks like it's been stolen from The Descent or Grave Encounters. Blair Witch is described from a sighing in the first movie and we got this stupid look knock off? Infuriating piece of s**t

.5/5
If it's worse than the original it must be an utter stinker - the original was self indulgent boring crap.

If it's worse than the original it must be an utter stinker - the original was self indulgent boring crap.

I think BWP is considerably better and I'm not a fan of the first movie myself.

However, this sequel basically rehashes everything from the first movie before going ridiculous in the last act.

I hate the found footage genre.

Don't Breathe - not a bad little thriller, some excellent suspense. Some of the decisions made by characters were ridiculous, as seems to be par the course for this kind of movie, but put that aside and it's a taut little thriller.

Sadly I saw it in the worst behaved movie theatre I've ever been in - mobile phones rang multiple times, a gang of yoof came in 20 minutes late and just loudly conversed the entire way through the movie, all that kind of thing. A testament to the movie that it still managed to maintain my interest and suspense despite the serious distractions.

Alice Through the Looking Glass - Weird, just weird. I really enjoy the original 'Alice in Wonderland' story but this just seemed too warped & direction-less. Confusing at best. 3/10

Don't Breathe - not a bad little thriller, some excellent suspense. Some of the decisions made by characters were ridiculous, as seems to be par the course for this kind of movie, but put that aside and it's a taut little thriller.

Sadly I saw it in the worst behaved movie theatre I've ever been in - mobile phones rang multiple times, a gang of yoof came in 20 minutes late and just loudly conversed the entire way through the movie, all that kind of thing. A testament to the movie that it still managed to maintain my interest and suspense despite the serious distractions.

That happened to me when I watched the The Conjuring 2.

Was a full theatre we had these annoying people in the next row being loud and obnoxious was only until my sisters fiance told them to shut up. I mean how hard is it for people to switch of their phones for 2 hours and just watch the movie.

Swingers
MV5BMTcxMDQ1MjUxOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMzAwNTA5._V1_UY1200_CR17,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

Saw this on Netflix, thought I'd give it a go.
Absolute s**t, was boring as hell and has the most misleading movie title since The Neverending Story.

Last edited:
The Conjuring 2

Not bad. A few decent jump moments.

I remember a group of us (around 10) doing this when we were around 16-17, midway through a middle aged bloke got up and turned around and told us in no uncertain terms that he'd kick our ******* heads in if he heard so much as a peep out of us anymore. This was back in the late 80's.
Needless to say we didn't so much as breathe out load and as soon as the credits hit we were the first out the door.
In this day and age where kids challenge authority and don't give a s**t, I can't imagine his tactic working and instead of bailing like we did, those kids would've more likely ganged up and beaten him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Straight Outta Compton.

The tale of NWA's rise from the streets of Compton to commercial success and critical acclaim.

Jason Mitchell as Eazy-E is fantastic. apart from a physical likeness , he plays the role of the angry young man taking on the world brilliantly. Paul Giamatti as the manager is excellent as usual. The rest of the cast is fine. Ice Cube's son, O'Shea Jackson Junior plays Ice Cube, which is why he looks so much like him!

The treatment of blacks by society in general and the police specifically is a major part of the film and the origins of F**k the Police is shown with the band being hassled during a break in recording.

Ordinarily, I would not complain about lots of naked or semi naked girls in a movie, but I felt like there was a bit too much showing their party lifestyle for the sake of gratuitous nudity. The film was at it's best when dealing with the relationships between some very strong and very talented people.

All in all, a very good biopic of a very influential and talented band.

7.5/10

Straight Outta Compton.

The tale of NWA's rise from the streets of Compton to commercial success and critical acclaim.

Jason Mitchell as Eazy-E is fantastic. apart from a physical likeness , he plays the role of the angry young man taking on the world brilliantly. Paul Giamatti as the manager is excellent as usual. The rest of the cast is fine. Ice Cube's son, O'Shea Jackson Junior plays Ice Cube, which is why he looks so much like him!

The treatment of blacks by society in general and the police specifically is a major part of the film and the origins of F**k the Police is shown with the band being hassled during a break in recording.

Ordinarily, I would not complain about lots of naked or semi naked girls in a movie, but I felt like there was a bit too much showing their party lifestyle for the sake of gratuitous nudity. The film was at it's best when dealing with the relationships between some very strong and very talented people.

All in all, a very good biopic of a very influential and talented band.

7.5/10

Was good to see the origins of "bye Felicia" though

Rio Bravo (1959)
If you want to see the quintessential Western, this is it.
It's usually on as a Saturday afternoon movie every 6 months or so. I watch it every time or make sure I record it.
If you don't care for westerns, this is the best of the lot, far better than High Noon, imho.

images

You know that it is alleged both Howard Hawks & John Wayne where both upset with the movie High Noon that they made this to show what they thought would really happen to a sheriff being threatened by an group of gunmen.

Excellent movie, especially enjoy the music part and then Dean Martin's part. Don't really rate Wayne but enjoyed him in this and 'Red River' which is another fine Western.

That happened to me when I watched the The Conjuring 2.

Was a full theatre we had these annoying people in the next row being loud and obnoxious was only until my sisters fiance told them to shut up. I mean how hard is it for people to switch of their phones for 2 hours and just watch the movie.

If someone opened up a theatre where eating/comsuming food and talking during the movie were banned and resulted in eviction i would gladly pay extra to go to that place.

How to Train your Dragon

Nice animation, but could have used more colour, brightness and life particularly with dragons giving so much scope. Great musical score. Enjoyed the voice acting. Little bit of a bland, predictable story and it needed some humour to lighten it up, especially in an animation.

6.5/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back