NEAFL 2016

Ally Craft

Senior List
Mar 20, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Harper likely to be senior assistant at Demons next year. Word is that Mark Armstrong and Pete McGrath will also come on board.
good coaching staff. now....a few players!

justabaraker

All Australian
Mar 28, 2012
cherrybrook
AFL Club
GWS
I'm no authority on ACT footy, but an assistant coaching panel of Harper, Armstrong and McGrath sounds like serious attack artillery by a team that means business. Would that be a bit top heavy ?

billybunter

Team Captain
Mar 12, 2012
Caboolture
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm no authority on ACT footy, but an assistant coaching panel of Harper, Armstrong and McGrath sounds like serious attack artillery by a team that means business. Would that be a bit top heavy ?

Justa and Ally,

It seem like (if the above is the case) ACT Footy is rebuilding from the Top Down, which can only be a good thing for their Club, their kids, their area and the NEAFL competition in General - Redlands have started here in Qld with ex Lion Player Leigh Harding getting the gig as their newly appointed senior coach - It also seems like they are building a new side and I am sure they will have some more big surprises to come prior to the start of the season, who said the NEAFL is a second rate Comp?????? some of our non AFL Sides are bringing it to the table and this Comp is truly coming of age - The Bulldogs won both the VFL and AFL competitions this year - Well done to them on that feat - I have not heard to many stand alone teams or their supporters bitching about that outcome and how their competition is compromised by the result - Playing against the best brings out the best and we all know that the cream rises to the top!!!!!!!

Well done to the clubs who want to succeed in the NEAFL and I wish you all the best as you get my vote for being truly positive - Those clubs and their supporters who sit on their hands and wine about it (to repeat a famous saying) need to get off their butts and do!!!!!!!!! Reward come to those who work hard and think outside the box.

justabaraker

All Australian
Mar 28, 2012
cherrybrook
AFL Club
GWS
BB, l love it when you talk like that - sounds as if NEAFL is getting even more serious and I'd be rapt if you got it right.
I hadn't thought of it that way. Can't wait for the new season if that's what's in store.

Ally Craft

Senior List
Mar 20, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Both Klemke and Harper have signed for 2 years. The Demons board have publicly said (at Presentation night) that the club needs to start getting wins. An obvious goal at any footy club but in this instance i believe the club will look to recruit some bigger bodies and some more mature players to add to their kids.
As a strategy it has pros and cons. Winning attracts players and Demons certainly want to be the destination club for aspiring players from southern NSW.
However, do they play 28yo + players at the expense of younger inexperienced players???

As always i guess its a balance.

I do know of a couple of significant recruits that have signed....from VFL and SANFL.

PS Leigh Harding a good get for Redlands

thunderdoc

Team Captain
May 27, 2010
dimboola
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Both Klemke and Harper have signed for 2 years. The Demons board have publicly said (at Presentation night) that the club needs to start getting wins. An obvious goal at any footy club but in this instance i believe the club will look to recruit some bigger bodies and some more mature players to add to their kids.
As a strategy it has pros and cons. Winning attracts players and Demons certainly want to be the destination club for aspiring players from southern NSW.
However, do they play 28yo + players at the expense of younger inexperienced players???

As always i guess its a balance.

I do know of a couple of significant recruits that have signed....from VFL and SANFL.

PS Leigh Harding a good get for Redlands

My prediction for 2017 - Brisbane Lions wooden spooners in 4 comps : AFL, NEAFL, New Women's League and Div 2 national Under18 s

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Justa and Ally,

It seem like (if the above is the case) ACT Footy is rebuilding from the Top Down, which can only be a good thing for their Club, their kids, their area and the NEAFL competition in General - Redlands have started here in Qld with ex Lion Player Leigh Harding getting the gig as their newly appointed senior coach - It also seems like they are building a new side and I am sure they will have some more big surprises to come prior to the start of the season, who said the NEAFL is a second rate Comp?????? some of our non AFL Sides are bringing it to the table and this Comp is truly coming of age - The Bulldogs won both the VFL and AFL competitions this year - Well done to them on that feat - I have not heard to many stand alone teams or their supporters bitching about that outcome and how their competition is compromised by the result - Playing against the best brings out the best and we all know that the cream rises to the top!!!!!!!

Well done to the clubs who want to succeed in the NEAFL and I wish you all the best as you get my vote for being truly positive - Those clubs and their supporters who sit on their hands and wine about it (to repeat a famous saying) need to get off their butts and do!!!!!!!!! Reward come to those who work hard and think outside the box.

Nah not bitching. Just going out of existence.

Back