SA The Adelaide Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember thinking Perth was bizarre that way when doing a stint there for work. If I wanted to unwind with a beer after work better have bought a six pack already. That was a while ago though.
Nothing's changed.

You just need a carton now. A bottle of bourbon also helps.

Most of my family history can be described as "wasted opportunities to buy beach front property in Glenelg and West Lakes and retire multi millionaires" as can most families from Broken Hill when Adelaide was just a really big playground for overpaid miners in the 40s - 90s.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

is a pie floater an actual thing that people eat, like would you order it unironically at a pub because you like it? or is it a piss-take against tourists?
I think I might have had one once in my life, which is probably more than a lot of people over here.

I don't understand how we're not smashing rainfall records in Adelaide this year. Never used to be half as wet (and windy, and cold) here 20 years ago, I'm sure of it.

Feels like we get about 8 months of winter here now, with about a month of spring mixed in, followed by summers that flip-flop from 40 degrees and humid to 23 and raining all within the same week. Disgusting bipolar weather most of the year round.

I don't understand how we're not smashing rainfall records in Adelaide this year. Never used to be half as wet (and windy, and cold) here 20 years ago, I'm sure of it.

Feels like we get about 8 months of winter here now, with about a month of spring mixed in, followed by summers that flip-flop from 40 degrees and humid to 23 and raining all within the same week. Disgusting bipolar weather most of the year round.

Last year we were already hitting the mid-30's this time last year, and we were still getting weather well into the 20's in late-May. This year has just been a very cold, wet winter.

ABs seems to be the real "Adelaide" takeaway thing.

It sounds so good in theory but I was left pretty underwhelmed.
AB's are just HSP's aren't they?

Everything is going to grow like crazy for a while now which will cause some major problems with bushfires a season or two the line as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back