Mod. Notice Carlton Board Questions & Suggestions

Remove this Banner Ad

Could we possibly have an Injury Discussion Thread as well, like the 2 bluemour threads?
I posted the news in the Injury thread and then the pre-season thread (cos it's a pre-season injury) but then it got moved, and it has also been posted in the Media thread AND Harry McKay's thread, so it's now being discussed in 4 different threads.

I'm confused about where we can discuss injuries.

Are deleted posts no longer notified with the reason ??

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Might be part of a mass clean whereby posts that quote an offending post are also removed and there is no one size fits all explanation.

Sometimes there is an expected bite back from some posters and we have to spend time in pedantic arguments. The explanations would be easier if people just went Meh and ignored it instead of feeling a grave injustice had been carried out.

I guess human nature dictates that sometimes we grow weary of the confrontation as it grinds us down.

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Might be part of a mass clean whereby posts that quote an offending post are also removed and there is no one size fits all explanation.

Sometimes there is an expected bite back from some posters and we have to spend time in pedantic arguments. The explanations would be easier if people just went Meh and ignored it instead of feeling a grave injustice had been carried out.

I guess human nature dictates that sometimes we grow weary of the confrontation as it grinds us down.
Certainly is a grave injustice when my quality posts are deleted :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we?/Should we?

Matchday/Preview and related threads:

1. Gameday thread: Fremantle vs Carlton: Activated once final teams and bench set: 90 minutes before the game.

2a. Autopsy thread: Fremantle vs Carlton : Activated the minute the game is finished. Gameday thread is close.
2b. Next Game Preview thread: Gets activated the same time as the autopsy thread. They can and should run concurrent.
2c. Player of the year thread is opened up the same time as the Autopsy and Next Game Preview threads.

3. Gameday thread: Back to point 1......and so on.

1. No issue with it. We run off a loose 1 hour before rule, but a lot of that was waiting for the sub. Also we probably don't want several pages of idle chatter for people to sift through when they go back to read the match thread. It's a little bit of a either/or/doesn't really matter flexible scenario though.

2a: Ideally. This year we sort of just stopped doing the Autopsy threads but that may have just been because whoever was around didn't start it .... (read: probably me) and we just went from there.

2b: Ideally. Dependent on posters who put their hand up for those threads. Most have been pretty good. Freo one we didn't have someone for and I started that fairly quickly afterwards. We don't really want posters racing each other to start these threads when we have a structure for doing them so it is in our best interests to get them up quickly.

2c: Maybe. It's one of those extra time consuming tasks Wookie was doing so when a poster approached us with a view to organising it and taking a load off, I said sure. So MEB_ is doing it and it would be good if she started the threads but obviously people go to games and so forth. Maybe starting it early, leaving it locked and having a mod open it after the game would be the preferred option.

I try to get it up as quickly as possible but I go to most home games and I live an hour away from the city with traffic...and sometimes I have a life and go out.
I'll start the thread before the game from now on.

Yeah, just start it and get one of us to lock it. Can even hide it in the Blue Room or VFL board if you want and we will move it.

I have one. When deleting posts for being in the wrong thread, would it be possible for you guys to perhaps move it into the thread you think would be suitable. I posted a pic the other day using tatatalk, and as I have no bloody idea how to use it I just lobbed it into the first thread I found.

BTW I think you guys do an amazing and mostly thankless job. Three cheers to our awesome mods.

I have one. When deleting posts for being in the wrong thread, would it be possible for you guys to perhaps move it into the thread you think would be suitable. I posted a pic the other day using tatatalk, and as I have no bloody idea how to use it I just lobbed it into the first thread I found.

BTW I think you guys do an amazing and mostly thankless job. Three cheers to our awesome mods.
Hip

Tatatalk? Do our Irish boys know of this?

If I would like to reply but in another more appropriate thread, what is the best way to do this?

Reply to what?

If to moderators, start a private conversation.

Reply to someone's post in one thread but answer in another more appropriate thread (so as not to derail the original thread).

Ah yes. Sorry.

Quote the post, copy the whole thing from the reply box without submitting, paste into the reply box in other thread and add your comments before submitting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back