Computers & Internet Tinder

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not for me. I'm no princess. I guess it depends what sort of woman you're attracted to...clearly one like me would not be your type!
Football loving vampire pig bat enthusiast who splits the bill? Whats not to like! :drunk:

A girl I know, and who used to be part of my friendship group at college made a pact to never buy another drink before graduation. (Looking back at it now, it is quite obvious she was a bit of a bitch, and had a very low opinion of men in general, but she was still hot enough to have the power to choose).

AFAIK she succeeded, despite going out 2-3 times a week, every week for four years. Her game-plan was simple. Go to a free bar with a friend, wait for guys to offer them a drink, then use them to get into the nightclub of their choice (guys paid). Then they would move on to others for the duration of the evening, before finding a patsy to take them home. Sometimes the same guy would be out of pocket $200+ for the night.

Of course, just as the taxi got close to their "house", one of the girls would suddenly feel ill and get the cab to pull over. Unfortunately for the guy(s) they obviously had to look after their friend, leaving the guy(s) in an unpaid cab, out of the city, out of luck, with an incorrect address and a disconnected number.

I'm sad to say it took me a few months to realise just how bad she was playing these guys and remove myself from her group of friends.

Always bet on black
latest

Amidoingthisrite ??

A girl I know, and who used to be part of my friendship group at college made a pact to never buy another drink before graduation. (Looking back at it now, it is quite obvious she was a bit of a bitch, and had a very low opinion of men in general, but she was still hot enough to have the power to choose).

AFAIK she succeeded, despite going out 2-3 times a week, every week for four years. Her game-plan was simple. Go to a free bar with a friend, wait for guys to offer them a drink, then use them to get into the nightclub of their choice (guys paid). Then they would move on to others for the duration of the evening, before finding a patsy to take them home. Sometimes the same guy would be out of pocket $200+ for the night.

Of course, just as the taxi got close to their "house", one of the girls would suddenly feel ill and get the cab to pull over. Unfortunately for the guy(s) they obviously had to look after their friend, leaving the guy(s) in an unpaid cab, out of the city, out of luck, with an incorrect address and a disconnected number.

I'm sad to say it took me a few months to realise just how bad she was playing these guys and remove myself from her group of friends.

She's an A grade campaigner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Paying is just basic etiquette.

If you're just going for a drink, buy the girl a drink. By the same token if you're at the bar with your mate or your Dad or whoever, just buy the ******* drinks. It's a dick move to buy just one pint or buy two and ask the other person for $13 or whatever a pint costs in normal places.

Girls: if you're having a couple of drinks, then offer to buy the next one. Don't sit there with an entitled look on your face as if to say 'well the drink you bought me is gone, I'm ready for my next one'.

Paying is just basic etiquette.

If you're just going for a drink, buy the girl a drink. By the same token if you're at the bar with your mate or your Dad or whoever, just buy the ******* drinks. It's a dick move to buy just one pint or buy two and ask the other person for $13 or whatever a pint costs in normal places.

Girls: if you're having a couple of drinks, then offer to buy the next one. Don't sit there with an entitled look on your face as if to say 'well the drink you bought me is gone, I'm ready for my next one'.

+1. Also applicable in other situations.

First time I met my ex's parents was at a restaurant (inexpensive one too) in the city. I brought them a present, yadda yadda yadda, the dad didn't pay for my $20 pizza.

Pretty much ruined my first impression of them- my Dad would have hundred per cent every time just paid for everyone's meal.

+1. Also applicable in other situations.

First time I met my ex's parents was at a restaurant (inexpensive one too) in the city. I brought them a present, yadda yadda yadda, the dad didn't pay for my $20 pizza.

Pretty much ruined my first impression of them- my Dad would have hundred per cent every time just paid for everyone's meal.

Is this a thing?

First time my Dad met my current GF he was here on a business trip and had been at the AFL in the afternoon (a touched pissed). Meet him and his colleagues at a pub and we have a few drinks (he pays) and then as he's leaving he gives my gf a $100 note and says "this is for putting up with craigos, buy another few rounds".

Full disclosure: I split the bill but I don't put out.
What about now that you're married (the bill part)? We just take it turns of who pays, not a conscious thing but if I think I hadn't paid for the last lot I'll pay and vice versa. We have a combined account but not all our money goes in that.

I like your Dad, good bloke.
He's a character. Not sure if it was that night but he also told her how my brother was way more gifted at soccer than I but I would do whatever I was told to do (run through brick wall stuff), so that's the reason we played at the same level. Kinda like a soccer version of Spud Firrito. :D

What about now that you're married (the bill part)? We just take it turns of who pays, not a conscious thing but if I think I hadn't paid for the last lot I'll pay and vice versa. We have a combined account but not all our money goes in that.
We have a joint account where most of our money goes, so we just pay with that card. The rest of our money is separate for the individual to do whatever they want with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back