No Oppo Supporters Sam Mitchell traded

Remove this Banner Ad

Arguably our second best player in our history, finishing his career at the Eagles. Gutted.

I know it seems bad now, but in a few years no one will even remember that he played for West Coast.

Unless they win the flag next year, that could change things. But that's doubtful.

I don't think so, think this is done more for cap space and future job for Mitchell, looks like Clarko is involved. Won't be anything much coming to you.

Come on mate, be realistic.

You and the supporters of other clubs might want to step away for a bit. Lot of emotional Hawks right now. Don't need supporters of other clubs poking the bear right now.

giphy.gif

34 years old, thanks for the memories. We need to win more flags

Don't disrespect who this 34 year old you are talking about is
Wouldn't have even finished top 4 if it hadn't been for sam this season and him going is going to leave a massive hole

How much footy smarts leaves with Mitch and Fages

Last edited:
You and the supporters of other clubs might want to step away for a bit. Lot of emotional Hawks right now. Don't need supporters of other clubs poking the bear right now.

Fair enough, emotional time I can respect that.

Heard this last night, thought it was just another baseless trade week rumour.

Wake up this morning & it's all true. No less crazy, though.

Hopefully, this leads to us getting him back as a coach in a few years.

Don't disrespect who this 34 year old you are taking about is
Wouldn't have even finished top 4 if it hadn't been for sam this season and him going is going to leave a massive hole

How much footy smarts leaves with Mitch and Fages
Exactly.... This deal will be done... probably for a swap of picks at best... the most reliable midfielder for us... one of our best ever players... to finish at another club... and could be a Brownlow medalist based on jobe watson's decision.. someone like that should finish at our CLUB,....FFS...sooo upset and angry

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate it.

Mitchell is one of the greatest players in the history of the club. 5 x b&f winner. Has to finish his career with the Hawks.

Still playing great footy. Not ok with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't expect much in return folks. This one is all abut what is best for Sam Mitchell's long term career in the game after his playing days are well and truly finished.

I'm gutted!! I don't care what we get in return, this is a premiership captain and 5 time BF winner and he is going to finish his career at West Coast. That sucks big time and I'm devastated!

Yes, I feel the same. Shocked. A little pissed.

The brain drain on our club into the rest of the afl is frustrating.

But, theme then breaks. Go Hawks! Eagkes suck!

I feel like my heart as been ripped out.
Going to be like a break up this trade

O'Meara will look nice in the number 5 though.

Tom and JOM don't get number 5 if Sammy leaves. Let it rest for a few years. It's the least the club could do.

I don't think so, think this is done more for cap space and future job for Mitchell, looks like Clarko is involved. Won't be anything much coming to you.

That is fairly realistic I would have thought. 34, yes. Any sign whatsoever of slowing down over the last 3 years? No. He realistically has at least 2 amazing years of footy left and will be one of the best young coaches going around with his experience and footy nous. Luckily none of us have anything to do with the trading, but if you think Clarko and Simmo haven't worked out something fair for a 5 time Crimmins medal winner, 3 time AA and club great. You might need to get a bit more realistic. Somewhere between the sweet FA you think is right and the world that some of our supporters are asking for is where this will sit. First rounder will be the starting point and possibly some player movement our way and a swap of later picks

Mckenzie's name has previously been bandied around and this has been reinforced on trade radio
Clarko, Simmo and Mitch all involved - he could of gone anywhere if it's just for cap space considering a 1/3 of the afl is a Clarko disciple - even to Brisbane with Fages, so there's something more on the table than cap and job

The reasoning and the 'end game' is there for all to see, with JOM and TOM the prizes... but this feels like we're selling our soul. He is Hawthorn royalty! Stands beside the likes of Matthews, Dunstall, Hudson comfortably.

Despite the prize, I can't be happy with this, it will/would never sit comfortably.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back