List Mgmt. GWS Players Contract Status

Remove this Banner Ad

Byrne has played a lot of NEAFL games for us so I assume the club favors him more.

With a rookie list of Reid, Lloyd and patfull we will likely only have room for 1 player if we take all the expected academy boys.

If any of Byrne, garthwaite, tiziani, Cummings or fisher drops then we have a dilemma on our hands

Wouldn't be a completely stupid idea. Good academy kid. Showed some promise in the NEAFL. A year at Geelong. Would be interesting to get their board's take on why he didn't get another year. A Daniher by any other name. I'd take him.

There's been crap Danihers... :p

Looks like were got another rookie joining us
GWS Giants have arguably the strongest playing list in the AFL and now they’re about to add one of the nation’s premier athletes in former world youth decathlon champion Jake Stein. The Penrith local represented Australia at the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow after becoming the youngest winner of the national decathlon title in 27 years. But a run of injuries and a desire to re-engage with a team sport has the 22-year-old about to take on the sporting challenge of his life at the Giants. He has played only a handful of Australian rules matches in his life — allowing him to be signed as a category B rookie — and grew up playing soccer in the famed Marconi youth program which produced a host of Socceroos including Paul Okon and Mark Schwarzer.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...e/news-story/73ee73a956f9bbaf27b4a2a07e2e6f82

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BANG :p

Midfielder Dylan Shiel has added his name to the long list of GIANTS who’ve re-signed with the club early in 2017.

Shiel was due to come out of contact at the end of this season but has today inked a new two-year deal that will see the 24-year old contracted to the GIANTS until the end of 2019.

Shiel was one of the first players to sign with the GIANTS, moving to Western Sydney as a 17-year old in 2010.

Known for his explosive pace through the midfield, Shiel has become a fan favourite in his first 90 games as well as an important member of the GIANTS’ player leadership group.

Shiel said he’s excited about the future at the GIANTS.

“I’ve been here from the start and have seen this club develop over the years,” Shiel said.

“We’re a close playing group and Sydney is home for me. We’ve built a strong culture and a loyal fan base and I’m really looking forward to helping the GIANTS continue to grow.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back