• Straight swap for fringe player

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • fringe player and Pick

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Don't want him.

Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

All 3 would get a run in our 22 reckon dons should make 8 and found 3 good players aswell as getting pick 1 for cheating i reckon it was ******* worth it.

Tippa yes, Hartley and Dea no way!!

All 3 would get a run in our 22 reckon dons should make 8 and found 3 good players aswell as getting pick 1 for cheating i reckon it was ******* worth it.
Tippa would, other two are absolutely nowhere near it. Have people forgotten how bad they were?

I doubt it willl bother them. I've got Essendon as a lock for the 8 next year, lineup looks scary. Basically managed to bring in and find all the rookie gems it would take any other club 5 years to acheive.

I made a similar prediction with Freo. Not quite to the "scary" extent but I think if Bennell fires they will climb out of bottom 4 for sure.

Apologies for jumping in on a Demons board but this is how I feel about melbourne next year. A lock for top 8, maybe even top 4 which is why I think next year's second is unders for Hibberd. I think he's woth this year's second but now with Lewis in the mix, i'm not sure how it will go.

Please dont take this as me jumping down your throat as that's not how I intend it, but the bombers pretty much have to take what we offer. We are doing them a favour by offering them a 2nd. The AFL has already said it will support any player taking legal action and breaking contract for breaching Duty of Care.

If legal action forces Hibberd to miss another year of playing, the compo payments will be massive.

Personally I would love to see Hibberd take legal action but purely from a selfish, we need to keep picks point of view. It would not be good for the game.

May 20, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Brooklyn Nets, New York Jets
To be fair I think half of us have forgotten, the Maybloom filth shitting their collective britches has been entertaining.

I have absolutely loved this trade period for that reason. Just bloody get the hibberd deal done, you paid overs for milkshake we take slightly unders for pig and everyone is happy

May 20, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
They simply would not.

Dea definitely wouldn't, dees have much better talent including hibbered down back. Hartley might depending on how tmac and omac go but it wouldn't be a walk up start that's for sure

Unfazed

All Australian
Oct 6, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Please dont take this as me jumping down your throat as that's not how I intend it, but the bombers pretty much have to take what we offer. We are doing them a favour by offering them a 2nd. The AFL has already said it will support any player taking legal action and breaking contract for breaching Duty of Care.

If legal action forces Hibberd to miss another year of playing, the compo payments will be massive.

Personally I would love to see Hibberd take legal action but purely from a selfish, we need to keep picks point of view. It would not be good for the game.
Players (including Hibberd) have already settled

Sorry i wont post here again. i thought I was giving Dees a compliment.

Players (including Hibberd) have already settled

Sorry i wont post here again. i thought I was giving Dees a compliment.

Look, I wasn't having a go. There just seems to be an influx of bombers fans mentioning the unders for hibberd in value without realising they are getting a smashing deal. He can walk for nothing.

May 20, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Look, I wasn't having a go. There just seems to be an influx of bombers fans mentioning the unders for hibberd in value without realising they are getting a smashing deal. He can walk for nothing.

He can but he has stated he won't. Kinda makes the point irrelevant. Regardless of what we think he will end up at the demons and be a pretty handy recruit. Should be a good year for the dees in 2017 I feel

R_Grunter

Club Legend
Jul 13, 2016
Darwin
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Melbourne Football Club
Apologies for jumping in on a Demons board but this is how I feel about melbourne next year. A lock for top 8, maybe even top 4 which is why I think next year's second is unders for Hibberd. I think he's woth this year's second but now with Lewis in the mix, i'm not sure how it will go.
Why would a team's future position be considered in what it should have to pay to obtain a player?
Are essendon doing sympathy credits in their trades now?

Unfazed

All Australian
Oct 6, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Why would a team's future position be considered in what it should have to pay to obtain a player?
Are essendon doing sympathy credits in their trades now?
No. I'm simply saying Melbourne's second round next year could very well be mid 30's by the time compensation picks are factored in. Unders for Hibberd. if your offering a future pick then of course your future position is considered.

60sbomber

Club Legend
Jul 4, 2011
Frankston
AFL Club
Essendon
Hibberd wants to go to Melbourne. Essendon wants to help him get there. All it takes is for Melbourne to come up with a reasonable offer.
Hibberd has said he is happy to stay at Essendon if a deal can't be done. So it isn't take whatever Melbourne offers or bust.

Gold Coast have said they want players and they have picks in the twenties coming out their ears, not to mention the possibilities of involving Hibberd in a trade involving pick 1 (allowing GC to get their choice of #1 without being forced to use their top pick on Bowes to match another club's bid).
Melbourne maybe should just get it done before he slips through their grasp. He would be a very good get for you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marc_Remillard

Maderator
Jan 4, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hibberd wants to go to Melbourne. Essendon wants to help him get there. All it takes is for Melbourne to come up with a reasonable offer.
Hibberd has said he is happy to stay at Essendon if a deal can't be done. So it isn't take whatever Melbourne offers or bust.

Gold Coast have said they want players and they have picks in the twenties coming out their ears, not to mention the possibilities of involving Hibberd in a trade involving pick 1 (allowing GC to get their choice of #1 without being forced to use their top pick on Bowes to match another club's bid).
Melbourne maybe should just get it done before he slips through their grasp. He would be a very good get for you.

Not if the other rumours are correct about who we're chasing. If they are true then Hibberd is not required at all.
Good luck to Essendon trying to fight him in the salary cap next year.

60sbomber

Club Legend
Jul 4, 2011
Frankston
AFL Club
Essendon
Not if the other rumours are correct about who we're chasing. If they are true then Hibberd is not required at all.
Good luck to Essendon trying to fight him in the salary cap next year.

Fair enough if you don't want him now.
But we have no salary cap issues. We have enough room for O'Meara apparently, if he were to change his mind and come to us rather than Hawthorn.
The only issue for us is whether we pick up Dea and Kelly as DFAs. Lose Hibberd and we probably take both. Keep him and we probably take one.

Ando727

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
He's not happy to stay - he just has to say that just in case he's boxed into a corner and can't leave. Imagine playing for a team after you've said you want out. He's pissed with the Bombers. Doesn't want to be involved with them anymore. Why else do you request a trade?

Essendon can go piss up a rope as far as driving hard bargains. Seriously, how dare they hold a player to ransom who wants to leave? They gave their assurances that they wouldn't stand in the way of anybody who wants to leave. They should consider themselves lucky if they get a future 2nd rounder.

Wish your club would sack up and pay for the player they said you wanted.
A s**t second rounder at this point a 29, they're underpaying for him, yet are stalling for some reason.
Real clubs get s**t done, you're endeavoring to be one of those and we all know 29 is more than fair for you.
Hibberd is an A-Grade HBF.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
A s**t second rounder at this point a 29, they're underpaying for him, yet are stalling for some reason.
Real clubs get s**t done, you're endeavoring to be one of those and we all know 29 is more than fair for you.

My inside source says the stalling tactics are purely to annoy you.

PizzaChief

Debutant
Sep 4, 2015
Townsville
AFL Club
Melbourne
My inside source said its your man dodo that's stalling.. Geez EFC are hard to deal with..

givemethecure

All Australian
Jul 13, 2009
Bendigo
AFL Club
Melbourne

REAL
CLUBS

real clubs

R E A L C L U B S

Real clubs don't dope their players

60sbomber

Club Legend
Jul 4, 2011
Frankston
AFL Club
Essendon
He's not happy to stay - he just has to say that just in case he's boxed into a corner and can't leave. Imagine playing for a team after you've said you want out. He's pissed with the Bombers. Doesn't want to be involved with them anymore. Why else do you request a trade?

Essendon can go piss up a rope as far as driving hard bargains. Seriously, how dare they hold a player to ransom who wants to leave? They gave their assurances that they wouldn't stand in the way of anybody who wants to leave. They should consider themselves lucky if they get a future 2nd rounder.

He isn't "pissed with the Bombers" as you put it. He seriously considered staying, and is of a similar mind to the other 10 who are staying.
The likelihood is he went for money reasons. Melbourne reputedly offered him a much better deal than Essendon was prepared to offer. Similar to Melksham.
No-one is holding Hibberd to ransom. He said himself he wants a deal done. I don't think he has any issue with the club.
It is Melbourne who are playing silly games, trying to hold onto their 2nd round pick because they have already traded out of the 1st round.
Everyone knows Hibberd is worth pick 20 or so, and Melbourne are trying to get him for unders.

60sbomber

Club Legend
Jul 4, 2011
Frankston
AFL Club
Essendon
REAL
CLUBS

real clubs

R E A L C L U B S

Real clubs don't dope their players

You don't want to turn this into an exchange about Dank and what he did at Melbourne after he left Essendon, do you?
If I were a Melbourne supporter I would sit pretty quietly back and let other clubs do the sledging about the supplements saga.

I thought real clubs rallied around club demi-gods and did whatever it takes to get an edge. How dare Melbourne try and do a deal that advantages them.

Back