Toast Fletcher Roberts

JJHunter

Club Legend
Jan 15, 2008
Toorak
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Waiting for someone who is handy in photoshop to edit that famous picture of Steve Bradbury with images of fletch and in the background Adams and hambling all in the race for our key defender spot.

Would have been third choice this time last week.

Waiting for someone who is handy in photoshop to edit that famous picture of Steve Bradbury with images of fletch and in the background Adams and hambling all in the race for our key defender spot.

Would have been third choice this time last week.
Who is this mysterious Hambling that Bruce kept referring to all through the game against Hawthorn? You seem to know him too ;)

Dec 21, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Did his role today. Should get a 5 week run at it in my view.
Highly doubt that. That's a pretty unbalanced backline when English is back in.

I don't think Fletch, Cordy, Trengove, Wood works.

I actually prefer Fletch if picking a defender - say when Boyd is back, but while we need a Trengove to pitch in the ruck I'd play him.

gangsta deluxe

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 14, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Rajasthan Royals!!!

I actually prefer Fletch if picking a defender - say when Boyd is back, but while we need a Trengove to pitch in the ruck I'd play him.

Do you though? Bev gives people a run out of principle. The real question is whether (i) hes given up on Fletch, and (ii) it was just a last minute decision. If yes to either I think you are right, if not he will get a string of games as that is how Bev operates.

Dec 21, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Do you though? Bev gives people a run out of principle. The real question is whether (i) hes given up on Fletch, and (ii) it was just a last minute decision. If yes to either I think you are right, if not he will get a string of games as that is how Bev operates.
I don't think he works like that necessarily. I think that's a perception, because we don't see what roles players have behind closed doors.

I think balance is important to Bev. I don't think it's a case of giving up on Fletch. I guess we will see.

WBD76

Team Captain
Jun 16, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

I've got a feeling English will be left out of next weeks game, with Lewis Young coming in for Gowers/Lloyd as a second ruck/KPP with Trengrove predominantly in the ruck. But that could be just a product of my defensive mindset?

Dec 21, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I've got a feeling English will be left out of next weeks game, with Lewis Young coming in for Gowers/Lloyd as a second ruck/KPP with Trengrove predominantly in the ruck. But that could be just a product of my defensive mindset?
Lloyd probably played his best game for the club today. Would be stiff together dropped.
I thought Gowers movement and body strength helped Naughton out today (although was watching on TV, so hard to get a real read), no one else can really play that role. They can play a role and probably offer something different but not that specific role.

I cant see either being omitted.

Back