No Oppo Supporters Sam Mitchell traded

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade week is not the time for him to explain or complain to the media, we are dealing with the people we compete against.
Better for us to let the opposition think they are helping us to stuff up and that they can take advantage of us while we thank them.

Not,

Sam Mitchell still looking to learn and improve gets to experience the travel factors faced by West Coast as both a player and coach. We benefit when he returns and coaches Hawthorn to a premiership in the first Grand Final played outside of Victoria.

After being forced out of his comfort zone with a test of his character Jordan Lewis improves and extents his career at Hawthorn. We benefit when he Captains Hawthorn to our 15 Premiership win.

Pick 88 used to promote Kade Steward to the main list. Motivated by the extra pressure of being the Sam Mitchell trade pick he increases his will to improve and learns to thrive under extreme pressure. We benefit when he wins his third Norm Smith in our 17th Premiership.

Jeezus, your a glass half full kinda guy :thumbsu:

Gee I can't wait until the end of trade period so Clarko can tell us all what on earth has gone on. Some wins. Some loses. But, one of the very few times of this era I can't work out if things have gone to plan. I think he is a petty and vinidcitve little Brat Cochrane, but you have to give it to him in that his refusal to let O'Meara leave on anything but his terms has had us running around like headless chickens. He has bossed Wright and Clarkson.

Gee I can't wait until the end of trade period so Clarko can tell us all what on earth has gone on. Some wins. Some loses. But, one of the very few times of this era I can't work out if things have gone to plan. I think he is a petty and vinidcitve little Brat Cochrane, but you have to give it to him in that his refusal to let O'Meara leave on anything but his terms has had us running around like headless chickens. He has bossed Wright and Clarkson.

Bossed how? We had one #1 pick and two #1 pick worthy players to bring in. GW always had to do a deal to get ahold of another #1 pick.

It seems to me that the only thing which has happened this trade season not according to plan is nothing. Everything has happened as planned. Even GC carrying on like pork chops would have been a known quantity. If you go back to the beginning of the trade period you'll notice that a couple posters with very close club ties have said that the JOM deal will close on Wednesday or Thursday of the second week.

I think the only surprise to this period may be the fortuitous departure of Fagan to Brisbane. Is it possible that the Lewis trade results in a better haul then the second rounder they likely planned to accept? Maybe.

But the biggest indicator that everything is going to plan is that things keep happening. If it were all going to pot then they would stop trading. Pull the plug in the merry-go-round. But they haven't. The music is still playing.

So that's the signal I will keep my eyes open for. When GW says we're done and we won't be doing any more. Before JOM arrives. If that happens then I know it didn't all come off.

Bossed how? We had one #1 pick and two #1 pick worthy players to bring in. GW always had to do a deal to get ahold of another #1 pick.

It seems to me that the only thing which has happened this trade season not according to plan is nothing. Everything has happened as planned. Even GC carrying on like pork chops would have been a known quantity. If you go back to the beginning of the trade period you'll notice that a couple posters with very close club ties have said that the JOM deal will close on Wednesday or Thursday of the second week.

I think the only surprise to this period may be the fortuitous departure of Fagan to Brisbane. Is it possible that the Lewis trade results in a better haul then the second rounder they likely planned to accept? Maybe.

But the biggest indicator that everything is going to plan is that things keep happening. If it were all going to pot then they would stop trading. Pull the plug in the merry-go-round. But they haven't. The music is still playing.

So that's the signal I will keep my eyes open for. When GW says we're done and we won't be doing any more. Before JOM arrives. If that happens then I know it didn't all come off.

Irrespective of if Jordan Lewis leaves or not, clearly this hasn't gone to plan. One minute he is lead to believe he should look elsewhere and when he does we then backflip and say he is a required player. Surely if Clarko and GW had their time again on this they would want a do-over.

Has the money offered to our new recruits alienated part of the playing group? I can't confirm obviously, but it seems Lewis may have taken offence and perhaps others have too. The constant uncertainty amongst a handful of players popping up in O'Meara trade rumours (reported in media outlets) is hardly likely to have a positive effect on moral. I doubt disenfranchising part of the playing group was part of the 'plan'.

In regards to how has Cochrane 'bossed' it? Well for a player that hasn't played in two years and who wanted to leave he stated he wanted a first rounder and a player in return. So far we have moved the following in pursuit of O'Meara;

1. Brad Hill.
2. Our first round pick in 2017.
3. Pick 23.
4. Pick 36.

We will also loose another player.

In the entire, and successful, time we have traded in players under Clarko the deals have been often completed well before trade deadline. I have never seen us running around, bending over backwards trying to get a deal done like we are with O'Meara.

My question is, did they take Cochrane lightly?

Irrespective of if Jordan Lewis leaves or not, clearly this hasn't gone to plan. One minute he is lead to believe he should look elsewhere and when he does we then backflip and say he is a required player. Surely if Clarko and GW had their time again on this they would want a do-over.

Has the money offered to our new recruits alienated part of the playing group? I can't confirm obviously, but it seems Lewis may have taken offence and perhaps others have too. The constant uncertainty amongst a handful of players popping up in O'Meara trade rumours (reported in media outlets) is hardly likely to have a positive effect on moral. I doubt disenfranchising part of the playing group was part of the 'plan'.

In regards to how has Cochrane 'bossed' it? Well for a player that hasn't played in two years and who wanted to leave he stated he wanted a first rounder and a player in return. So far we have moved the following in pursuit of O'Meara;

1. Brad Hill.
2. Our first round pick in 2017.
3. Pick 23.
4. Pick 36.

We will also loose another player.

In the entire, and successful, time we have traded in players under Clarko the deals have been often completed well before trade deadline. I have never seen us running around, bending over backwards trying to get a deal done like we are with O'Meara.

My question is, did they take Cochrane lightly?

Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth. Mike Tyson.

My answer to your question is No.
The only one being taken lightly is O'Meara, by you.

If you can remove the emotion (which Sam can clearly do better than Jordy), and review from the perspective of the individual players rather than the club...

Sam - 1 yr @ 400k, retire with HFC then move into coaching with WCE (already agreed in principle) on market Assistant Coach wage.
OR
2 yr @ 600k with WCE, then move into coaching with WCE (agreed in principle) on lesser Assistant Coach wage. Moving to a team able to compete.

Sam wins - an extra 2-500k in the kitty. His family wins also.
WCE wins - pick up a top-20 player for salary alone.
Haw ? - Reinforce our culture of rewarding our senior players and giving them 'choice'. (and a lousy pick 88).

Jordan - 1yr @ 400k with HFC, then FA or retire to ?
OR
Jordan - 3yr @ 400k with MFC, a young team potentially competing in his career - more money, more security, perhaps even more wins.

I've heard from one source that Hodge (GC) and Birchall (Bris) were also provided with the same opportunity, but have elected to honour the (reduced) contracts they are on for 2017.

The club (or Clarko) has made the decision now is the time to rebuild. The club (or Clarko) has made that intention clear to our senior core, and given them the choice to pursue other options for their personal long-term betterment.

Some have chosen to stay - either through loyalty or acceptance they are retiring in 12 months. (Hodge is media bound, not coaches box).

I wonder how much the Roughead recovery has made this a (far) bigger issue for Jordan than it would otherwise be. It could almost feel like an abandonment - the club moving on instead of "waiting" for Jarryd to return.

=========
I'm not happy with 88 for Sam. It deserved a 2nd round pick at worse IMO. However we will do anything/everything we can to maintain our integrity, including accepting significant unders, or paying substantial overs to fulfill a promise or stated intention.

Feel for u lads. Must be as gutting as when we lost cuz or juddy.

We will treat him well. Exactly the kind of toughness & leadership we need for our mentally weak midfield.

Chins up though.... you boys are loading up again without any pitiful years. Always a fantastically run club which is the envy of all other clubs.....won more premiership cups in the last 9 years than we have in our existence.

Feel for u lads. Must be as gutting as when we lost cuz or juddy.

We will treat him well. Exactly the kind of toughness & leadership we need for our mentally weak midfield.

Chins up though.... you boys are loading up again without any pitiful years. Always a fantastically run club which is the envy of all other clubs.....won more premiership cups in the last 9 years than we have in our existence.

Cheers mate. Enjoy what you have and be sure to treat him well. The man's a certified football genius.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huh? His 2017 salary remains the same irrespective of moving to WCE. The only monetary gain is 2018 he is on a coaching salary that has been ticked off by the AFL as market value for an assistant coach. This move was not about finances for him. Obviously for us it was.

You say obviously it was about money for us - how? The one constant is that we've claimed it wasn't about the cap space, and looks like we are paying some of his salary in 2017. Where is the money for us?

Epg3zde.jpg

If you can remove the emotion (which Sam can clearly do better than Jordy), and review from the perspective of the individual players rather than the club...

Sam - 1 yr @ 400k, retire with HFC then move into coaching with WCE (already agreed in principle) on market Assistant Coach wage.
OR
2 yr @ 600k with WCE, then move into coaching with WCE (agreed in principle) on lesser Assistant Coach wage. Moving to a team able to compete.

Sam wins - an extra 2-500k in the kitty. His family wins also.
WCE wins - pick up a top-20 player for salary alone.
Haw ? - Reinforce our culture of rewarding our senior players and giving them 'choice'. (and a lousy pick 88).

Jordan - 1yr @ 400k with HFC, then FA or retire to ?
OR
Jordan - 3yr @ 400k with MFC, a young team potentially competing in his career - more money, more security, perhaps even more wins.

I've heard from one source that Hodge (GC) and Birchall (Bris) were also provided with the same opportunity, but have elected to honour the (reduced) contracts they are on for 2017.

The club (or Clarko) has made the decision now is the time to rebuild. The club (or Clarko) has made that intention clear to our senior core, and given them the choice to pursue other options for their personal long-term betterment.

Some have chosen to stay - either through loyalty or acceptance they are retiring in 12 months. (Hodge is media bound, not coaches box).

I wonder how much the Roughead recovery has made this a (far) bigger issue for Jordan than it would otherwise be. It could almost feel like an abandonment - the club moving on instead of "waiting" for Jarryd to return.

=========
I'm not happy with 88 for Sam. It deserved a 2nd round pick at worse IMO. However we will do anything/everything we can to maintain our integrity, including accepting significant unders, or paying substantial overs to fulfill a promise or stated intention.

Interesting. Let's say your source is correct and let's say Hodge moved to GC and everyone else stayed. That would just about be a straight swap for O'Meara I reckon. Now, again assuming your source is right, I'd say that would've been Plan A.

You selfish whiners are all a bunch of ******* idiots. You sit here nursing your grievance, bitching, moaning, slandering, threatening. Boo ******* hoo.

You care soooo much. You're soooo special. You love Hawthorn sooo much you're ready to run at a difficult and vulnerable moment.

You selfish pricks think you have a corner on the market for the Sam Appreciation Club.

For all of you threatening to disengage from the club I say good riddance. And **** off. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
If you hate Hawthorn supporters so much why don't you go and support a team whose supporters you like?
All you ever seem to do is whinge about how others feel. Find a nice little club where everyone toes the party line and says the club is doing a really really good job and tey should have our applause. Support them. It'll save you posting as often.

Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth. Mike Tyson.

My answer to your question is No.
The only one being taken lightly is O'Meara, by you.

Not sure why I hit a nerve for you mate. But I am raising a question. I rate him massively. I just feel like we will end up giving more then we planned for him. If Breust or Smith or Shiels leaves also then it's a monster price to pay.

Those are the same thing.

But yes, we still are looking to pay overs here

My mistake. Your right. For me, it's a case of who we loose also. I will feel better if it's one of Hartung, Langford or Sicily. Not sure how I will feel if it's one of Smith, Shiels or Breust.

My mistake. Your right. For me, it's a case of who we loose also. I will feel better if it's one of Hartung, Langford or Sicily. Not sure how I will feel if it's one of Smith, Shiels or Breust.

Another on already loosing Hill and Mitchell is ridiculous considering this bloke hasn't played for 2 years.

Not sure how Hawks ended up paying a premium instead of getting a discount.

Interesting. Let's say your source is correct and let's say Hodge moved to GC and everyone else stayed. That would just about be a straight swap for O'Meara I reckon. Now, again assuming your source is right, I'd say that would've been Plan A.
Haha you're taking the p!ss yeah? Hodge can barely move...he's well & truly cooked.
Out of our 30+ veterans he'd have the least currency.

Not sure why I hit a nerve for you mate. But I am raising a question. I rate him massively. I just feel like we will end up giving more then we planned for him. If Breust or Smith or Shiels leaves also then it's a monster price to pay.

No nerve hit. Just trying to say the problem you have is you are looking for problems.
How do you know what we planned and nobody knows at this time what he will be worth in the end.
I find it more exciting that we could get a player that our club thinks is worth the high price we are willing to pay.

................ Find a nice little club where everyone toes the party line and says the club is doing a really really good job and tey should have our applause. ........

The problem is, if you don't think we've done a really good job as a club after the last decade, you never will.
You're now judging a trade period, where the outcome in terms of our list and how we play on the park the next few years has yet to play out, very VERY harshly.

So, this club that you support and which has given you pleasure beyond which any other club in the land could only dream of, has zero credits in your opinion when judging the choices they're making.

That's where the frustration comes from supporters like myself.
It seems those who are so bummed out believe they have the answers greater and above those who have created our extraordinary recent history.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back