Retired Nathan Brown

Remove this Banner Ad

Love this, good cheap signing. He'll fill a roll for a few years and costs us absolutely nothing but a spot on the list.
It's actually a fantastic signing. This is a full back for atleast 2 years for no cost. A pure lockdown gorilla.

In this moment of joy...

Thanks for everything Fish!

Pretty sure that's the end
Real shame that Fish had to go out this way instead of with a farewell game and proper send off, one of the greats of our club.

But welcome Nathan Brown! Perfect move from us really, he'll be a handy pick up for us in the next few years and a good mentor for Goddard who should eventually take his spot.

Dissapointed to lose Browny. I remember his first three games in the AFL he beat Pavlich, J Brown and Richardson. Each of those players in their prime as well. More than accounted for Riewoldt in two GF's as well.

Unfortanutely injuries destroyed what should have been his prime years but he's virtually played the last two seasons injury free which is a good sign. You blokes should get a couple of years out of him if everything goes right.

He's very slow off the mark nowadays but still a solid lock down defender and you're always gonna get an honest contest out of him.

All the best.

Hopefully the days of the big prick full forwards terrorizing Sean Dempster and Sam Gilbert one on one are over!

Dissapointed to lose Browny. I remember his first three games in the AFL he beat Pavlich, J Brown and Richardson. Each of those players in their prime as well. More than accounted for Riewoldt in two GF's as well.

Unfortanutely injuries destroyed what should have been his prime years but he's virtually played the last two seasons injury free which is a good sign. You blokes should get a couple of years out of him if everything goes right.

He's very slow off the mark nowadays but still a solid lock down defender and you're always gonna get an honest contest out of him.

All the best.

Thanks for reminding us. :oops:

I wonder how those two will go being on the same team now.

Good signing. Should really solidify our backline along with Carlisle, and Dempster will be able to play a role that suits his body size better.

I still wouldn't be against rookie listing Fisher, but I think everyone knows his time is up.

It was pleasantly surprising to find out the news from an email from the club, rather than a clickbait article from Fox Footy.

Good signing. Should really solidify our backline along with Carlisle, and Dempster will be able to play a role that suits his body size better.

I still wouldn't be against rookie listing Fisher, but I think everyone knows his time is up.

It was pleasantly surprising to find out the news from an email from the club, rather than a clickbait article from Fox Footy.

Surely Sam Gilbert's time is up as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If ya had him in 2010 riewold might of done something....enjoy his turnovers

If you're here to brag about the recruiting coup of Mayne you've come to the right place.

We are all absolutely devastated to have missed out on his, how did Pies officially put it, elite pressure?

Damn shame we missed out

It's actually a fantastic signing. This is a full back for atleast 2 years for no cost. A pure lockdown gorilla.
And i really do still think a lock down gorilla is necessary in this era. Blokes like Hogan, Kennedy and Jenkins were able to kick bags on us last year, and with one gorilla in Brown and then Carlisle who is far more mobile and able to play as a floating but accountable intercept backman if the opposition only have the one big forward target then we're looking bloody good for next year

In this moment of joy...

Thanks for everything Fish!

Pretty sure that's the end

Hey what? we'll need both of them to get 22 games total.

Having said that, Fisher should be a floater and Brown should be a one on one guy for the Petrie's and Dixon's of the world.

Very, very happy with this. A KPD who can play a role on a number of different types of forwards; strong power forwards but also can go with the likes of Roo and be competitive, as we saw a few years ago. Think he's a bit underrated these days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back