Player Watch #40 Pat McKenna

Remove this Banner Ad

Has anyone heard of this guy?

Apparently played for Gisborne. A colleague is good mates with someone in our list management department who also played at Gisborne with McKenna.. that could be the link???

Kicked 9 in a Bendigo league game....

Captained Australia in under 19 cricket....

Could be worth a year or two

Probably tells us that Jason Taylor didn't rate having a first pick at 57.

Pat McKENNA

2016 NEAFL
18 games
Averages

• 10.7 kicks
  • 6.3 handballs
  • 16.9 disposals
  • 5.6 marks
  • 3.3 tackles
  • 0.9 frees for
  • 0.7 frees against
  • 0.5 clearances
  • 1.9 inside 50s
  • 3.2 rebound 50s
  • 74.06 DT points
Totals
  • 2 goals
  • 2 behinds
  • 1 NEAFL MVP vote
2015 NEAFL
10 games
Averages

• 8.4 kicks
  • 7.4 handballs
  • 15.8 disposals
  • 4.5 marks
  • 2.5 tackles
  • 0.9 frees for
  • 0.4 frees against
  • 1.4 clearances
  • 2.6 inside 50s
  • 1.0 rebound 50s
  • 68.20 DT points
Totals

• 7 goals
  • 8 behinds
  • 0 NEAFL MVP vote

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've seen a little bit of him in the NEAFL. Didn't really stand out a huge amount, but with the likes of Josh Kelly and Nathan Wilson's left boot going around, its not hard to see why. From memory, he's got a few tricks, but I'm happy to back in JT given he's been keen on him for a while.

It's also important to note, he was taken with the pick that we sent to GWS for Sam Frost, and the picks that became ANB and O.Mac. So from a wholistic point of view, we've gotten Frost, ANB, O.Mac and McKenna for a pick swap

I've seen a little bit of him in the NEAFL. Didn't really stand out a huge amount, but with the likes of Josh Kelly and Nathan Wilson's left boot going around, its not hard to see why. From memory, he's got a few tricks, but I'm happy to back in JT given he's been keen on him for a while.

It's also important to note, he was taken with the pick that we sent to GWS for Sam Frost, and the picks that became ANB and O.Mac. So from a wholistic point of view, we've gotten Frost, ANB, O.Mac and McKenna for a pick swap
Did he play off half back this year? The stats above seem to suggest it.

Taylor clearly does not rate the bottom end of this draft. McKenna hasn't exactly set the NEAFL on fire. His stats has slightly gone up from the year before though which is a good sign. With the picks we had left, we were obviously going to take a couple of speculative picks. At least this kid has been in the system for a couple of years..

I remember being interested that he went so early in 2014. Probably going to get delisted in a couple of year, but he must have some talent if GWS thought he was a better investment than Daniel, etc

I was listening to SEN, Brett Anderson said we were really into McKenna and would of picked him in the 40s but GWS. He didn't play much TAC footy because of his cricket commitments.

Good pick up for mine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back