The numpty questions thread

A handful watch some games in person.
A couple more watch some of the stuff that gets televised.
Most of the rest of us regurgitate stuff from the first two categories along with other media articles. Some of us own up to it and some don't.

:D
Was out and about before - thanks for the explanation, I don't really follow much of the sport outside the seniors, only a few reserves games now they don't play curtain raisers at the Gabba anymore. It's always around this time of the year I start to question just how much of a supporter I am when everyone is talking about 17 year olds like they've been watching them play for years. :D

Was out and about before - thanks for the explanation, I don't really follow much of the sport outside the seniors, only a few reserves games now they don't play curtain raisers at the Gabba anymore. It's always around this time of the year I start to question just how much of a supporter I am when everyone is talking about 17 year olds like they've been watching them play for years. :D

99% are BF experts. They watch a 2-3 min youtube highlight video, read a mock draft or 2 and go with popular opinion. I'm not different, that's all the resources i use, but at least i know i'm not an expert, and if the club reads out a different name on draft night i assume they know better. You can get enough info to get a basic understanding of who the players are and their basic abilities from the AFL website and the usual mock and player write ups you'll find on BF. That is the only reason i do a lil bit of homework on it, simply so that come draft night when names are read out i have half and idea on who we just drafted in.

Biggies

Team Captain
Aug 19, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
How does moving blokes to the Rookie list work? Can they still be in contract and just moved, or do they have to be delisted and redrafted there?

Just wondering if the club decides to offer Green a 1 or 2 year deal, but still wants to take 6 boys in the draft, can we move someone like McGrath or Skinner there for a year?

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Such a snob. I bet you wouldn't even try my awesome recipe for Mexican lasagne that I made up all on my own.

Holy hell, what a great idea.

Nachosgne would be an awesome name. Impossible to give it a better name than that.

Holy hell, what a great idea.

Nachosgne would be an awesome name. Impossible to give it a better name than that.
Next thing you two will be writing a show about some so called Ghost Mutt! YOU'LL BE HEARING FROM MY LAWYERS!!

We have rule changes.

Sometimes they are hard - ie the written rules
Sometimes they are soft - ie how the umpiring fraternity chooses to apply their discretionary power ... depending on the rule of week ... who is playing ... when in the season it is ... when in the game it is ... what part of the ground it is in ... who the penalty might be against/to ... where it is played ... if it is in a final or not ... and if the umpire in question used to play for one of the teams / have personal bias pro/anti specific teams)

There are people who play Australian Rules football in comps around the world.

When we change our rules, do the rules change around the world or is there a recognised set of rules for the game world wide or does each jurisdiction get to decide eg Canadian Australian Rules Football different from American Australian Rules Football?

If it bleeds

Senior List
May 25, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Was having a discussion with a pies supporter and the discussion on there f/s brown and daicos. Where and if they were taken or matched bid on.
It came to me that if they potentially go into deficit matching bids...... we own their 3rd and 4th round picks for next year. ( frost trade)
Normally that deficit would go into next year same round for them, but if we own those picks are we then the ones who suffer?

Hope that makes sense.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
A handful watch some games in person.
A couple more watch some of the stuff that gets televised.
Most of the rest of us regurgitate stuff from the first two categories along with other media articles. Some of us own up to it and some don't.

:D
Mostly point 3. And a bit of point 2.

Quite a few of the U18 games were televised and/or on youtube. The TAC cup final was also televised, as well the U18 All Star game.

But mostly the bolded section.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Was having a discussion with a pies supporter and the discussion on there f/s brown and daicos. Where and if they were taken or matched bid on.
It came to me that if they potentially go into deficit matching bids...... we own their 3rd and 4th round picks for next year. ( frost trade)
Normally that deficit would go into next year same round for them, but if we own those picks are we then the ones who suffer?

Hope that makes sense.

Points do not come off traded picks as those picks no longer belong to the club.

We sent our own 2017 3rd and 4th rounders back to Collingwood. So they do have a 3rd and 4th round pick.

Last edited:
If I post something in this thread, and bump it back up the leaderboard, will it push the 'Future of the Josh Schache" thread onto the second page where I can safely ignore it at least for the next 6 months?

Edit- Signs point to yes

Edit 2- Skoob and winged1 are poo heads.

Last edited:
Back