Senior 42. Mark O'Connor (2017 -)

Remove this Banner Ad

Great get, heard some say he's an elite talent.
Is there any vision of this bloke?

Lads,

I guess Geelong is going to be my favourite AFL team from on. Kerry Gaelic football fans are very sorry to see Mark head downunder as he was an excellent prospect for us. You can see him in action in the All-Ireland minor (u-18) final last September in this you tube clip.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mAy0R7frcI&feature=youtu.be

Lads,

I guess Geelong is going to be my favourite AFL team from on. Kerry Gaelic football fans are very sorry to see Mark head downunder as he was an excellent prospect for us. You can see him in action in the All-Ireland minor (u-18) final last September in this you tube clip.

Thanks for that.

Nice left foot kick for a natural right footer. Looks good overhead for his size. Lots to work with.

I hope he likes Geelong - the town and the football club.

Good reader of the flight. Good hands overhead. Decent speed and ability to get to the ball. Clearly things to work with.

We shall see how it goes.

GO Catters

Lads,

Thanks for the clip, it's easy to see why he was highly sought after. His skill set looks extremely transfereable to Aussie Rules. Just screams half back flanker.

You need to be skeptical of highlight videos at the best of times, never mind highlight videos of another sport, but that was quite an intriguing little clip.

I can't wait to see this kid in the VFL next year.

Until watching that, I never knew how similar the marking component of the two games were.

He looked like a smaller version of Harry Taylor.

Welcome to Geelong.

Nice skills but he'll get pinged for holding the ball if he tries to break every tackle after marking as in the clip. That will be a difficult learning experience; when to pause and when to go.

You need to be skeptical of highlight videos at the best of times, never mind highlight videos of another sport, but that was quite an intriguing little clip.

I can't wait to see this kid in the VFL next year.

Until watching that, I never knew how similar the marking component of the two games were.

He looked like a smaller version of Harry Taylor.

Welcome to Geelong.

Yes. Same.

Did you notice that the bloke(s) behind O'C in the marking stuff did not spoil and there was certainly no chopping of the hands/arm. But yes he has good hands, just has to adjust to all the negative stuff used to counter his skills. He has a chance if you add in his endurance time at the Camp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He looks and sounds like a good prospect will have plenty of work to do but will be exciting to see him develop.
Interestingly Tuohy was on put Carlton's rookie list in 2010 then debuted in the afl side in 2011. I could have that wrong but that's what I read. That's a pretty quick turn around although obviously not as good a team. Be interesting to know how far Tuohy was at when he started compared to O'Connor.

Highlights can be deceiving but looks a really natural overhead mark, you can see he takes the ball at its highest point.

Is natural to make the comparisons... but with how he moves, his build and likely half back role...our own Tadhg Kennelly ?..

I'm usually wrong about most things, but I think we could have a pretty good player here eventually. I just hope we have the required patience to allow him to develop properly. He looks like he has massive potential. Will be exciting to watch.

Yes it will very interesting watching this kid - for a number of reasons. I look forward to seeing him in VFL praccies to get a real line on his appetite for this physical game.

Lads,

Thanks for thats.. different game of course but one can see offensive possibilities in that clip. Spring looks good and as shown at the Combine he has the ability to run.

Its always difficult to translate , and how different types cope with the professional demands is always questionable but he certainly looks a kid with all the talent to transition.

I'm sold on him. Future star!

That clip is helping me calm down after our trade weak (correct spelling given our dealings with Richmond)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reads like a wingman to me.
No, as a category B rookie, we owe it to ourselves to play him out of position to maximise his whipping boy potential.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back