Prediction Future of Josh has gone to the Dogs.

Where's Schack at in 2018?

• Brisbane

Votes: 173 42.3%
  • Other

Votes: 141 34.5%
  • Does anybody even care anymore?

Votes: 95 23.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Squizz89

Club Legend
Feb 1, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Now that the trade period is over and we look towards next year what is everyone's opinion on what Schache will do?

I think it will obviously largely depend on how the new coaching/admin sets up etc in the new year but I don't know about you, but if he were to leave I know I personally would find it hard to continue justifying the money being spent on what could be classified as a 'glorified feeder club'.

I think at this stage judging his character from afar I believe he will stay but I'll be a lot happier when he's signed what's hopefully a long term contract.

Either way if this thread gets anywhere near the post count of the 'Legendary James Aish thread' then we are in trouble.

FWIW this is where it's currently at.

IMG_0716.PNG

Last edited:

Squizz89

Club Legend
Feb 1, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Firstly, it's a bit early for this thread for mine.

Secondly, you could at least spell his name right in the survey...
Sorry mate I was unsure how his nickname was spelt and coincidentally this was around the time the Aish thread came up. The last time we had a young gun we were all worried about losing. We saw how that turned out...

Now that the trade period is over and we look towards next year what is everyone's opinion on what Schache will do?

I think it will obviously largely depend on how the new coaching/admin sets up etc in the new year but I don't know about you, but if he were to leave I know I personally would find it hard to continue justifying the money being spent on what could be classified as a 'glorified feeder club'.

I think at this stage judging his character from afar I believe he will stay but I'll be a lot happier when he's signed what's hopefully a long term contract.

Either way if this thread gets anywhere near the post count of the 'Legendary James Aish thread' then we are in trouble.
I think he is a better bloke than James Aish.
IMG_0668.JPG

patfullfankezz

Puhuhuhuhu!
Jul 28, 2011
Brisbane!
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane Heat, Wigan Athletic
I remember when my Mumsie met her sponsored player Josh Clayton at the end of his first year and he said he'd already signed a contract extension. Just got in and got it done. Filled me with so much confidence.

Schache putting it off does the complete opposite. So while I'm not confident, I'll try to stay positive. Lion for life!

I just figured he was waiting to see how everything played out - he knows he can go pretty much anywhere he likes and on good coin so it will be more about the work environment, mates, and team prospects (I don't know which are more important to him btw) ... I am confident he won't be doing an Aish on us as he seems to have some inherent decency/integrity about him.

I mean what real benefit is it to him to sign until he sees what happens - if all you see is ten years of misery then get out while you can - if you can see light or life and feel it will be a good deal for you then sign on.

Resigning early is based around what makes us feel better about the future - but I will be far more confident of his *next* contract if he takes his time and decides *this* contract based on what matters to him and not just what feels right or because he feels pressured into doing what is expected.

Becoming a Lion was us choosing the boy ... staying a Lion is where the man chooses us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back