List Mgmt. Freo's Indigenous Players

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes. I tried to change it. Port have a section called Black Diamonds, which is actually from an excellent book about aboriginals in sport.

If the mods can help change it, and if there is a better title..... lets go for it. With the emergence of the remote academy it could be worth stickying.

Fremantle brothers?
Just keep digging your hole..

I actually like the title, let it stick!

There is always going to be "those people" that will use it in a derogatory sense, we cant help that.
There are no 'those people', do you refer to our team as "The White Cloud"? It's an odd title and could have done with some thought. 'Indigenous' would have been more appropriate given I don't see the AFL using the term 'Black' anywhere.

There are no 'those people', do you refer to our team as "The White Cloud"? It's an odd title and could have done with some thought. 'Indigenous' would have been more appropriate given I don't see the AFL using the term 'Black' anywhere.
Instead of Black Tide what about indigenous pride?
I certainly feel a sense of pride in our club when I see so many wonderfully gifted indigenous players on our list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Freo's recruitment - indigenius"

You're welcome.
Underrated post. "Freo's Indigenius Recruitment" - although maybe we wait until Bennell, the Hills, Walters, Yarran, Johnson, A.Pearce, Hamling, D.Pearce and any others are all tearing it up and we are winning games again first. Excepting injuries I wouldn't be surprised if we have those 9 playing Round 1.

We'll likely lose 3 (Johnson, D.Pearce and Griffin) over the next couple of years. But if we were to trade in/draft an indigenius balanced mid (egnSPS/Parfitt/Narkle), an indigenius half back (eg C.Cox/?), and maybe an indigenius small forward (eg L.Ryan/W.Rioli) and a couple of others we could very well field a B22 with half being indigenius at some point in the next few years.

Maybe our draft strategy will become Best Indigenius Available? :)

Because the level of melanin in your skin should be the only defining characteristic of Aboriginal heritage.

Ffs, grow a brain.
Dont you think claiming there aboriginal is an insult? Would seriously be interested in finding out what percentage they are

Lil' disclaimer I believe is necessary

It's impossible to dispute Freo's significant indigenous presence and it has always been indubitably higher than the norm. Both in terms of players and grassroots involvement and support. That's before you even get to Neesham/Clontarf and the effect that's had in shaping us as a very progressive footy club. I have faith most of us can handle the topic with due respect.

As such, this is a valid thread topic and deserves a fair go. I would suggest one thing though and that's trying to avoid veering too far into SRP territory and getting bogged down in the wider societal aspects and issues, try and confine discussion mostly to Freo's or the AFL's role/s in indigenous affairs if possible.

cheers.

I can't wait to see half of the team having aboriginal heritage. A testament to the hard work from an early age put in by those players.
We also have at least two indigenous women's players in the inaugural squad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back