New posters, introduce yourselves here

Remove this Banner Ad

Same thing happened with our last lad, Ciaran Kilkenny.

Hopefully, this Conor, and next year's Conor (Nash) can get settled.

Good to have you on board!
Yeah,Kilkenny couldn't settle which was a pity.He's now starring for Dublin seniors who qualified for the All Ireland final last Sunday.Plays in the half forward line and is a real workhorse.

Hi guys,
Been reading the forums for the last week or so in anticipation of this finals series since good Ol Gil chose to make us all wait an extra week!
I've signed up today obviously, lifelong hawk. Grandfather was a hawk once he migrated to this great country, my father then followed in his footsteps when he migrated and I have followed in dad's footsteps!
Go Hawks!!!

Good afternoon crew!

I'm a new lurker to the forums, having used other sites to follow the team, but liked the more civilized tone here. Been a supporter now for just over 5 years, and I'm really the only family / friend member into the sport, so there isn't too many peeps to share with. Looking forward to talk HFC!

Good afternoon crew!

I'm a new lurker to the forums, having used other sites to follow the team, but liked the more civilized tone here. Been a supporter now for just over 5 years, and I'm really the only family / friend member into the sport, so there isn't too many peeps to share with. Looking forward to talk HFC!

Welcome
Sure you have come to the right place;)

Hey guys and girls just signed up and wanted to say hello and that even though we've stumbled at the finish line after our recent success, things are still looking bright and that if we utilize this years trade and draft period then there's no reason that the success can't continue.

Anyway let's hope the Bulldogs smash those $WAN$ this week and GO THE HAWKS!!!

^^^^^^^^

Ahh, so reminds me of this meme...

Spoiler.jpg

Hi guys, guess I'll do a sneaky copy paste job from the intro board.

Never really know what to write in these intro things. I guess I'll start by saying I'm pretty big on sports, hence me signing up. Once upon a time nothing came close to AFL but slowly over the past couple of years I've found myself missing cricket and the English Premier League more when off-season rolls around.

I'm a mad Liverpool fanatic, not sure anything competes with my love for the club any longer. In terms of cricket I'm an aussie fan abroad nowadays, and try to catch as much as I can (this series shall not be spoken of) and I'm a Hawks fan if we're talking AFL.

Just in case anyone is wondering why my online name is what it is, my last name is quite simply, Offerman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi All, very long time reader and my first chat site. I first came across a Hawks community site in the early 2000's (can't remember its name but there was a Grendel and MattyC posters who I think may have also posted here) and then this site around 2003/4 to get my Hawks fix as a Sydney resident there wasn't much around then. I've been a Hawks supporter since 1982. Hope to contribute well. Very proud of the effort this year and as a supporter can't ask for more.

After Wombats, my second favourite animals are Hawks. Have been a Hawker for 54 years. My Dad was a Rugby Union boy til the bank moved him to Melb. in the late 50s. He and mum moved into a block of flats in Linda Cres (now gone). Dad adopted the Hawks and the rest is history. Was at the '89 GF (Punt Rd end) and my brother (Darwin boy) and I have ridden the bumps with a grin on the way to 12 cups. Looking forward to share thoughts on the mighty Hawks in the years to come!

Hi all, been lurking and reading around the forums for a little while and thought I may as well make an account and start contributing a bit into discussions. Also, perfect time to take the opportunity for the username.

Welcome. That avatar though.

Been reading for a while now, hoping you'll be patient with the newbie Yank. Actually played a little in the fledgling (at the time) USAFL. No great war stories, I just wasn't very good - LOL!

Hawthorn Club Member for only one year, though I've signed on for a second already. We have a tipping crew here in the Emerald City, which it turns out I am pretty good at.

Plan to start slowly whist I do some learnin' up. Likely to start with more questions than comments (unless something of the smart@ss type), so don't be too snarky if the question seems lame :D

Been reading for a while now, hoping you'll be patient with the newbie Yank. Actually played a little in the fledgling (at the time) USAFL. No great war stories, I just wasn't very good - LOL!

Hawthorn Club Member for only one year, though I've signed on for a second already. We have a tipping crew here in the Emerald City, which it turns out I am pretty good at.

Plan to start slowly whist I do some learnin' up. Likely to start with more questions than comments (unless something of the smart@ss type), so don't be too snarky if the question seems lame :D
Welcome mate, I love it when our game attracts new fans from overseas. How did you find out about AFL?

welcome mate, its always good to see new members here. If you have any questions post here in this thread:
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...warrant-a-thread-thread-part-2.856396/page-77

there are no lame questions!

Welcome mate, I love it when our game attracts new fans from overseas. How did you find out about AFL?
Saw it on the tube in the early 80s when (then fledgling) ESPN were attempting to fill the overnight spots. Lost track of it until some mates began playing with the local Seattle club in the late 90s. Decided to give it a shot without any real understanding of the game, but had a blast. When the same boys began a tipping crew, I started watching and haven't looked back. Selected to barrack Hawthorn because I really like the system of play. The ball movement is a beautiful thing to watch. Wasn't even really aware of their history of success, just liked the way they play the game.

Saw it on the tube in the early 80s when (then fledgling) ESPN were attempting to fill the overnight spots. Lost track of it until some mates began playing with the local Seattle club in the late 90s. Decided to give it a shot without any real understanding of the game, but had a blast. When the same boys began a tipping crew, I started watching and haven't looked back. Selected to barrack Hawthorn because I really like the system of play. The ball movement is a beautiful thing to watch. Wasn't even really aware of their history of success, just liked the way they play the game.
Awesome. My mum lives in the states (Colorado) and I try to follow the SeaHawks (because of the name Hawks) and the Broncos (because of Colorado and also the Broncos are the team I follow in our national rugby league comp). I find coverage over here is pretty poor (though much better after Hayne had a crack at the NFL), how do you find coverage of the Hawks over there?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back