Metal Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Do whatever you can to find anything done by Rush.

40 years doing it.

They are amongst the best in the game. Trust me I know.

You might not like their music but you have to appreciate their musical ability - Neil Peart is the best drummer alive hands down. Anywhere, any style.

Go Catters

Daz, you watched that doco about them on Netflix US? Great doco I thought.

http://unogs.com/video/?v=70137744

....also rumours just recently Neil Peart has retired????

Daz, you watched that doco about them on Netflix US? Great doco I thought.

http://unogs.com/video/?v=70137744

....also rumours just recently Neil Peart has retired????

Not rumours.. Rush 40 was it for them... They are done.
They might do some appearances and one offs but the 4 month tours are done.

With pearts new kid and wife after his loss of a few years ago.. It's priorities for him now..

Lovin Steel Panther so much at the moment. Especially during this holiday/drinking period.
Favs at the moment are Just like Tiger Woods & Gold digging whore. So many good lines.
All time fave though gotta be Asian Hooker. See earlier post where Asian chick gets up on stage and sings it with them. Sounds mint.

Anyone like Acid Bath. One of my all time faves. Only made 2 albums, both really different from each other but both brilliant.
Should have been more popular.

Is anyone else a fan of Dust Bolt here? Thoroughly recommended if you're an old school Thrash fan like myself. Can't believe they're barely known in the metal world atm (about 4,000 listeners on last.fm kinda says it all)

And big ups on the mention of Kyuss, they're on regular rotation every time summer rolls around :thumbsu:

Is anyone else a fan of Dust Bolt here? Thoroughly recommended if you're an old school Thrash fan like myself. Can't believe they're barely known in the metal world atm (about 4,000 listeners on last.fm kinda says it all)

And big ups on the mention of Kyuss, they're on regular rotation every time summer rolls around :thumbsu:
No I've never Dust Bolt sorry. Remember Bolt Thrower from back in the day though. Ha ha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No I've never Dust Bolt sorry. Remember Bolt Thrower from back in the day though. Ha ha.
IMO, they're a must-listen. Definitely not slow-tempo Death Metal a la Bolt Thrower. If you know Evildead or Forced Entry, Dust Bolt are much like these two.

IMO, they're a must-listen. Definitely not slow-tempo Death Metal a la Bolt Thrower. If you know Evildead or Forced Entry, Dust Bolt are much like these two.
Me likey. Had a listen. Fuken great man. Remind me a bit of a band called Stampin Ground.
The singer reminds me a lot of a young Max Cavalera in this one. Wearing a Seps Tshirt too.

Not really - sounds like the guy who wrote the Super Mario theme thought it would be fun to be in a metal band.

Hi boys.

I didn't realise there were other threads apart from footy.

And I just posted in the 'mainstream' music thread, but I think this one's more my scene :p
Welcome :thumbsu: The more metal heads the merrier.

This place doesn't get a lot of action so please feel free to post what you like.

Just discovered the band Witchery.

Quite like it.

3 pages...

LOG Bots? Are you going to the Slipknot gig to see them?

I'm more of an Industrial metal gal, but I love anything Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, Grunge etc. Not overly familiar with Black or Death Metal but I did get introduced to the scene whilst living in Europe.

Lovin Steel Panther so much at the moment. Especially during this holiday/drinking period.
Favs at the moment are Just like Tiger Woods & Gold digging whore. So many good lines.
All time fave though gotta be Asian Hooker. See earlier post where Asian chick gets up on stage and sings it with them. Sounds mint.

I tried to score some blow, but I don't-a speak-a Japanese-a.

Prob some of their best work, I agree :D

3 pages...

LOG Bots? Are you going to the Slipknot gig to see them?

I'm more of an Industrial metal gal, but I love anything Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, Grunge etc. Not overly familiar with Black or Death Metal but I did get introduced to the scene whilst living in Europe.
Nobody wants to come with me to the Slipknot gig so no I'm not :(. My brother is going to see Lamb of God next Tuesday in Adelaide.

What's a good industrial metal band? Not sure if I know any.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back