Past #2: Brad McKenzie - pick #18 '11 draft - delisted end '16 season - 37 games for NM - Norwood '17

Remove this Banner Ad

As soft as butter which is fine if you have wheels eg brad hill but he was so slow and no where near enough intensity in his game. Lack of confidence, scotts coaching, playing out of position i don't know but no way we could actually play him in out slow plodding midfield. Good luck to him tho if he gets rookied somewhere

Imagine if Brad happened to be scanning the North board and he reads this positive thread title thinking this is the thread to say thanks to me, and then he logs in and reads the boots n all synopsis of his career and ability from day dot.

Imagine if Brad happened to be scanning the North board and he reads this positive thread title thinking this is the thread to say thanks to me, and then he logs in and reads the boots n all synopsis of his career and ability from day dot.

By the same token, I doubt any player on our list is popular enough to generate 2,300 messages of thanks in little over 6 hours.

An absolute s**t truck, soft as a pensioners turd. A waste of a first round draft pick. We cannot afford these **** ups FFS.
The jurys still out but this seems to have improved over the past few drafts.
Time will tell.
2011 draft was only aced by StKilda and Freo who got Lachie Neale.

Every other club recruiter deserves to be bitch slapped.

It's a good point - I'd hope he'd have the perspective to realise that just getting on an AFL list in this day and age is an achievement in itself. I'm sure he does and he played enough games last year to realise how tough it is when you are comparatively slow and unathletic.

His chance to shine at the top level was obviously with his kicking, but with 18 opposition players defending kick outs, our static midfield and the pressure applied to slow players these days in general play, he was up against it.

I thought he tried his hardest to make a go of it and I hope he enjoys his footy at the level he is suited.

The good thing out of those injuries last season was that he got his chance, we found out that he wasn't quite up to it (but he did some good things at times) and we go to the drafts. He also knows he wasn't up to it, was given a good run at it, and so we all move on.

Thanks for your service Brad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just another first round draft pick who we failed to develop, how many young footballers are we going to destroy before we get someone decent into the development roll?

Just another first round draft pick who we failed to develop, how many young footballers are we going to destroy before we get someone decent into the development roll?

How many have gone on to be better players elsewhere? I'm guessing zero.

So, whilst it's extremely popular around here to criticise player development, the fact is we have had to pick over scraps in every draft since Cunnington's and like most other clubs, we haven't been able to unearth hidden talent. It's hard to develop lesser talent, no matter how good the system is.

So, whilst it's extremely popular around here to criticise player development, the fact is we have had to pick over scraps in every draft since Cunnington's and like most other clubs, we haven't been able to unearth hidden talent. It's hard to develop lesser talent, no matter how good the system is.
Credit where credits due, I think we've done well with the 2013 batch.
But the jury is still out.

seriously this guy proved to be completely ordinary. going for those 40 meter bullets out of the backline was nothing short of ridiculous.
just didn't have the spine for the backline in my opinion and probably should have been on the wing / forward pocket at best.
been waiting for 2 years for brad to make some get real calls so now we have been getting them. Move on nothing to see.

The "Axis of Ordinary" loses a member.

RIP BMc
RIP indeed. If by that you mean...

ec38c26208d61ace910a1a60378e46d0.jpg

So that wasn't Josh Gibson running around in a Hawks jumper for years winning flags then?
Or David Hale for that matter.

So that wasn't Josh Gibson running around in a Hawks jumper for years winning flags then?
Or David Hale for that matter.

Neither of whom played under the current development team.

So, if your criticism is of previous development teams, then Hale as a Pick 7 (Gibson was a rookie) might support your point, I suppose. I just don't see how it's at all relevant to the present.

An absolute s**t truck, soft as a pensioners turd. A waste of a first round draft pick. We cannot afford these **** ups FFS.

Agree he is soft and mostly useless (been obvious for ages), but I wouldn't blame us for the pick.

That draft is a shocker, nearly all clubs got stuck with a late first round dud.

Agree he is soft and mostly useless (been obvious for ages), but I wouldn't blame us for the pick.

That draft is a shocker, nearly all clubs got stuck with a late first round dud.

2010 #17 Atley- 132 games
2010 #27 Harper- delisted
2010-:footy::thumbsdown:

2011 #18 Mckenzie delisted
2011 #40 Tom Curran delisted
2011-:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

2012 #16 Taylor Garner
2012 #37 Ben Jacobs
2012 #41 Mason Wood jackpot!!
2012 #47 Mitch Wilkins delisted
2012 #56 Dan Currie delisted
2012- :thumbsdown::footy::D:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

2013 #8 Luke McDonald
2013 #30 Trent Dumont
2013 #47 Ben Brown
2013 - :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

2014 #16 Sam Durdin
2014 #25 Dan Nielson
2014 #36 Ed Vickers-Willis
2014- :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::footy:

2015 #21 Ben McKay
2015 #31 Ryan Clarke
2015 #33 Mitch Hibberd
2015 #43 Corey Wagner
2015 #60 Declan Mountford
2015- :footy::thumbsu::footy::footy::footy:

Very subjective of course, I think we had a solid 2013 draft and 2015 is clearly very promising. 2012 is saved by pick 41, the rest is bloody very ordinary. If the draft is weak we need to show some balls and move up the order, we're too scared to trade incase we lose. Or get vilified via the media. Our rookie selections have become farcical, but that's another story.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back