Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts SuperCoach Club Board Winner
Sep 28, 2005
Between ANZ & the SCG
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Bloods
Could do that Robinson role given the chance. Seemed pretty solid. Took one good contested mark I saw.

Well done Jordan. Keep it up.

ashep

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 15, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
May not have racked up the fantasy points but this kid passes the eyeball test. Like Hewett you can just see he's going to be a contributor once he adjusts to the pace of senior footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
If you keep saying things like this your going to get caught with your Foote in your mouth.

I'm yet to be proven wrong! Tom Mitchell off our senior list, Foote onto our senior list. Is that not an instant replacement? Never said he will be the same player as Tom but he will do his job.

If we lose Franklin and bring Xavier Richards back onto the senior list then we have "replaced Franklin" by that logic. The fact he isn't fit to scrub Franklin's boots seems irrelevant

Jan 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
If we lose Franklin and bring Xavier Richards back onto the senior list then we have "replaced Franklin" by that logic. The fact he isn't fit to scrub Franklin's boots seems irrelevant

To be fair, midfield is far more about playing roles than key forward, which relies more heavily on individual brilliance and scarcity of players who can do it.

This is what makes Reid worth the same as our best midfielders.

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler

There has never been any player in the history of the game that has played like Buddy but there is an abundance of midfielders like Tommy Mitchell!
Tom wins the ball. Foote wins the ball! Tom lays above average amounts of tackles. Foote can do the same given the chance.
Foote is obviously highly regarded by the club in this area, plus he has a good understanding of the game plan having come through the academy.

We replace players very well! That's all I'm saying.
As good as Tommy was, alongside Kennedy, we still lost the GF. So if two dominant inside midfielders are not going to get the job done, Foote for example, can give us that outside game as well as inside which is a prerequisite for us now to take the next step. Just watch this guy enjoy the opportunity to have a spot open up for him in the senior team.

I may be wrong, but that's no big deal

There has never been any player in the history of the game that has played like Buddy but there is an abundance of midfielders like Tommy Mitchell!
Tom wins the ball. Foote wins the ball! Tom lays above average amounts of tackles. Foote can do the same given the chance.
Foote is obviously highly regarded by the club in this area, plus he has a good understanding of the game plan having come through the academy.

We replace players very well! That's all I'm saying.
As good as Tommy was, alongside Kennedy, we still lost the GF. So if two dominant inside midfielders are not going to get the job done, Foote for example, can give us that outside game as well as inside which is a prerequisite for us now to take the next step. Just watch this guy enjoy the opportunity to have a spot open up for him in the senior team.

I may be wrong, but that's no big deal
If Foote comes in the team he won't replace Mitchell.

Mitchell will be replaced by players like Heeney rotating through the middle more and other more experienced players like Lloyd, Jones, etc....

Foote will replace their roles on the wing/fwd line etc....

Tell me one player in the last 10 seasons after 1 game in the Swans would be at as many ball ups as Mitchell, average 25+ disposals a game etc.....

Foote will not replace Mitchells spot in the team.

On Nexus 6P using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back