Discussion Strange or Interesting AFL Photos

Remove this Banner Ad

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
So many times I've been searching through AFL Photos and seen photos that are weird or inexplicable. Now you can do the same. 'Like' horders rejoice.

Stephen Tingay stares into the sun. The most he ever did in a Sydney top.
167815.jpg

Ken Judge channels Andrew Symonds at a training session, wearing some ochre-tinged training gear
22821.jpg

Daniel Chick trains for the 2001 International Rules Series wearing a 1995 Allies SoO jumper...
146430.jpg

Crazy Vossy possessed by demons
michael-voss-of-the-brisbane-lions-shares-a-moment-with-his-son-casey-picture-id2547206

Chad Fletcher got "2006" in Roman Numerals tattooed on him after his team's premiership win.
798.jpg

Adrian Hickmott copping a sweet right hook from Trent Croad
143075.jpg

Justin Madden poses in his downtime
26276.jpg

Lingy poses for sexiest player alive awards
29459.jpg

Your turn!

There's a photo of Mitch Duncan that belongs in this thread if anyone can find it. cringe :straining:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That reminded me of this shot - best mark (n)ever taken?
View attachment 307829

Also the West Coast headshots listed for 1990 have only one player in navy wings, the rest are in royal blue?
View attachment 307830
I think that photo may be in the wrong category, as we didn't introduce the navy until 95, and the white stripe along the wings came in at the same time.

A 2003 Adam Cooney before he began suffering from terminal male pattern baldness.
128876.jpg

Fletch lets off some steam... I guess. We'll have to get back to him on the taste of that net.
177503.jpg

Well I guess Nicky Winmar was a bit of a magician.
27547.jpg

Spida lets his hair down.
163034.jpg

I think that photo may be in the wrong category, as we didn't introduce the navy until 95, and the white stripe along the wings came in at the same time.

I think you're right that it's not 1990 having another look at the players in there - might have been one of the first navy jumpers that the club got and everyone else just used whatever was still lying around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back