Past Jordan Foote - delisted 2018

You could very well be right but our club has never had the benefit of having an instant star other than Heeney & Mills more recently. We've been the best club at teaching players. Foote might just be a waste of time. Let's watch him develop though. Too early to write anyone off.

Just what i saw. Reads the play poorly, not a great build, average kick

Sometimes you can just see if a kid has it

I give Reid crap for underperforming but he has great talent and skills, to me a guy like foote is just a list clogger, like a spriggs or daniel okeefe

Just what i saw. Reads the play poorly, not a great build, average kick

Sometimes you can just see if a kid has it

I give Reid crap for underperforming but he has great talent and skills, to me a guy like foote is just a list clogger, like a spriggs or daniel okeefe

I think Reid's talent and skills are crap. People see different things.

Wolftone

Cancelled
Feb 1, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
If we lose Franklin and bring Xavier Richards back onto the senior list then we have "replaced Franklin" by that logic. The fact he isn't fit to scrub Franklin's boots seems irrelevant

He doesn't have to be the same or as talented as Mitchell. He just has to do the job (see Kirk). As someone else has already said the forward line depends on one on one contests or defenders double teaming. That means the forwards have to be better, especially tall forwards. Whereas the mids in most cases won't be double teamed and will only have responsibility for 'see ball get ball' and making sure their opponent doesn't get ball. I think Jordan will be very good once he gets the pace. He got injured late in the season otherwise he might have got a call up when we had a few injuries. He's hard at it and opponents don't get too much on him. He has kept the best mids in the NEAFL quiet while getting plenty himself. Mitchell's gone and someone needs to replace him as an in and under mid. their disposal efficiency is about the same (Mitchell doesn't use the ball particularly well) but of course he isn't as talented.

In the short term maybe Heens, Mills and Hewett will be used more and more but if we are to maintain a true in and under mid then we have to bring someone from the reserves in. Hewett, Heens & Mills are not true inside mids, in/out more like.

Wolftone

Cancelled
Feb 1, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Reid's problem is his fitness and mental state lets him down. He's a confidence player, and always fresh out it seems.

Like you I agree it is his body that keeps letting Sam down. I think the lad is extremely talented if allowed to develop in the CHF position. His pack marking was missed in a GF when we could have done with a big mark. X was not that sort of player and nowhere near as talented or skilled as Sam. In fact if Essendon do go down the X parth they will have to put up with the frustration of having a player who at times can be extremely lazy and who might be quite bright (although I'm not sure he is) in scholastic terms but who's footy smarts are pretty dull.

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
As a club it seems we are struggling. Talent wise we seem to be struggling. We have son many overrated players on our list. We have so many players that have no ticker. Our list is full of list cloggers. We give away players we should keep, some that have 60 possessions in NEAFL & are the difference between winning & losing a GF. We hang onto players that supporters reckon are no good. The coaches should listen to us. We know!:rolleyes:

He has the attributes, thats why he is so frustrating

But that's like saying Zac Dawson's a good defender because he does about one good spoil a game. Even I have had some elite-level moments in my teenage football years but that didn't change the fact I was a soggy potato on the field.

But that's like saying Zac Dawson's a good defender because he does about one good spoil a game. Even I have had some elite-level moments in my teenage football years but that didn't change the fact I was a soggy potato on the field.

No its not

Reid has the physical build to play
Has great hands, can read the play can kick well, good pace

But he often does not go for marks, shanks kicks etc

Dawson just cant play

Kiama Chris

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2016
Kiama
AFL Club
Sydney
He has. But Foote will replace Heeney's position on the wing for example.

Heeney will replace Mitchell in the guts.

Just because Foote comes in the team, doesn't mean he automatically gets the role Mitchell had.

Foote will play in our team like all youngsters start.

On Nexus 6P using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not so sure about that. Foote is more inside and around the contest than a wing type. Rarely played much time forward in NEAFL. Made team of the year doing that.

Have you seen him play? Terrific work rate and decent skills. He may or may not make best 22 but sure ain't rubbish.

Yes i have seen him play

He is not going to play 50 afl games

Feb 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
No its not

Reid has the physical build to play
Has great hands, can read the play can kick well, good pace

But he often does not go for marks, shanks kicks etc

Dawson just cant play

You're kidding aren't you, great hands for what? Modelling? He is one of the worst attempters of a mark I've seen in my life and that includes all back yard footy matches around Australia on boxing day after a few beers.

You're kidding aren't you, great hands for what? Modelling? He is one of the worst attempters of a mark I've seen in my life and that includes all back yard footy matches around Australia on boxing day after a few beers.

I think his use of his abilities has been abysmal

But when he is on a rare on day he can clunk them

He is just one of the biggest under performers of all time

Feb 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
I think his use of his abilities has been abysmal

But when he is on a rare on day he can clunk them

He is just one of the biggest under performers of all time

He's got about 6 years left in his career to settle on a label from "highly talented sublime skills" to a "never had talent just got lucky on a few occasions".

My money is on the latter.

He's got about 6 years left in his career to settle on a label from "highly talented sublime skills" to a "never had talent just got lucky on a few occasions".

No one bags Reid more than me, I would of gotten rid of him already

GoTheSwannies

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 5, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
2017/18 are make or break years really. If he isn't on the park AND performing over the next 2 years he's a write off imo.

I'm just hoping he has a remarkable turn around and can get that continuity required to become a good footballer.

For all his attributes and athleticism, his injuries have really held him back, and on top of that, there's a mental fragility about him as well. Its that mental aspect that is far from proven at this point in his career.

Jun 14, 2011
Queensland
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Gold City Royals

the next jarrad waite

Back