Roast 50/50-Rong Rucci Reckoning - The R-Files

Remove this Banner Ad

Jbudds

Club Legend
Jul 22, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Perception should not be that Rucci is a good journalist.

Reality is that he is a terrible writer but has a big enough audience, even if much of it is driven by his trolling articles, to allow him to keep his job.

(Am I doing it right?)

I think so. It makes no sense
He's having a bit of trouble finding a crows-negative-spin-of-the-day at the moment?

I really can't work out his point. I understand the perception vs reality concept, but I really can't see the point he is making other than perception is the acutal reality of the AFC. In which case, why write the article? I could understand writing the article if perception is not reality, but not the other way around.

May 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
WWTFC,Chelsea,Glasgow Celtic,Lech Poznan
I think so. It makes no sense

I really can't work out his point. I understand the perception vs reality concept, but I really can't see the point he is making other than perception is the acutal reality of the AFC. In which case, why write the article? I could understand writing the article if perception is not reality, but not the other way around.
Its easy. He has no perception of reality. Another day another Rucci Rant.

Realslimshady2

Team Captain
Mar 9, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Does anyone understand Rucci's latest offering "No Gibbs, no Barlow and a new football chief from within — perception and reality clash for Crows"?

The guy is a tool but that article had some truth to it.

The perception is that our premiership window is open and we have a group of players and a coach who can win a flag.

The reality is we are an above average club that doesnt bottom out, makes the finals most years but dont have the right mix to win a flag.

And yes I feel dirty for seeing some merit in a Rucci story.

Oct 20, 2015
In a Galaxy Far, Far Away
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
That article is very poorly written, I have no idea the point he is trying to make but have just assumed that it is that the Crows are bad because we didn't get Gibbs, Barlow or a footy manager from outside the club. Whilst not a terribly controversial point of view (many on here have stated similar at various times), it conveniently forgets that we didn't want to pay too much for Gibbs (fair enough), Barlow may have wanted a bigger offer than we were willing to pay, and that a better candidate may not have been available / interested.But why give a balanced view I guess, I'm sure the website hits are up

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
That article is very poorly written, I have no idea the point he is trying to make but have just assumed that it is that the Crows are bad because we didn't get Gibbs, Barlow or a footy manager from outside the club. Whilst not a terribly controversial point of view (many on here have stated similar at various times), it conveniently forgets that we didn't want to pay too much for Gibbs (fair enough), Barlow may have wanted a bigger offer than we were willing to pay, and that a better candidate may not have been available / interested.But why give a balanced view I guess, I'm sure the website hits are up

Nah he's just desperate for someone to fight through the articles celebrating Trump's win to his little article.

subaru

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bay 13: Flog of the Year
Nov 14, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide
Does anyone understand Rucci's latest offering "No Gibbs, no Barlow and a new football chief from within — perception and reality clash for Crows"?
I think this thread is beginning to get to him !

This morning's dose of bilious fantasy does not even make sense.
It's a demented rant!
:D
No doubt embarrassing the other journos while he's at it !
Keep it up Roach - the more you write the dumber you look

Don Muraco

Club Legend
Jul 28, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Klopp Glenelg Liverpool Patriots
I think this thread is beginning to get to him !

This morning's dose of bilious fantasy does not even make sense.
It's a demented rant!
:D
No doubt embarrassing the other journos while he's at it !
Keep it up Roach - the more you write the dumber you look
He's been on the sauce again

subaru

Cancelled
Nov 14, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide
Interesting that the follow up on the Rucci 'Sloane should be captain says nobody important' article is Tex talking to Capel.

Grooster24

Club Legend
May 27, 2015
Dlusional
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Sh!t almost spat out my coffee this morning after reading Rucci's article. He actually referenced Adelaide's penalties from the Tippett affair in comparison to the latest GWS scandal, in favour of Adelaide

Aug 7, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Sh!t almost spat out my coffee this morning after reading Rucci's article. He actually referenced Adelaide's penalties from the Tippett affair in comparison to the latest GWS scandal, in favour of Adelaide

You're saying he's saying GWS are more heavily penalised than we were?

Well, look forward to GWS losing 3 first round and 3 second round draft picks then :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
The Gibbs thing is a classic glass half full/empty scenario, while we didn't land Gibbs we also showed that we aren't a club that can be bullied into paying overs which could be looked at as a positive for the club.

In typical Rucci fashion he is trying to paint Adelaide as incompetent for not landing Gibbs yet when Port lost Nick Stevens for nothing he was very quick to praise Port for being brave for not being bullied into a bad trade deal.

#HypocrisyIsRuccisMiddleName

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
The Gibbs thing is a classic glass half full/empty scenario, while we didn't land Gibbs we also showed that we aren't a club that can be bullied into paying overs which could be looked at as a positive for the club.

In typical Rucci fashion he is trying to paint Adelaide as incompetent for not lading Gibbs yet when Port lost Nick Stevens for nothing he was very quick to praise Port for being brave for not being bullied into a bad trade deal.

#HypocrisyIsRuccisMiddleName
Were Port also brave for not being able to trade Hartlett and Lobbe due to their inflated salaries and contract lengths?

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Were Port also brave for not being able to trade Hartlett and Lobbe due to their inflated salaries and contract lengths?

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

Maybe as brave as Boak was when he hooked up with Hartlett's ex and cheated on Renee for the billionth time.

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
And now the flog is writing a column on what Grant Thomas thinks about Taylor Walker /Sloane captaincy situation

Another non event article by a non event journo quoting a failed coach who sacked Malcolm Blight

Seriously
What the **** is this tool on ?

It's ironic too for him to question our captaincy when the guy that he's been championing as being "one of the best leaders in the AFL" stuggles to keep his dick in his pants and has a history of infidelity.

Rucci just thinks that by trying to keep things out of the SA print media and shouting down anyone that says anything will somehow stop people from finding out.

subaru

Cancelled
Nov 14, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide
It's ironic too for him to question our captaincy when the guy that he's been championing as being "one of the best leaders in the AFL" stuggles to keep his dick in his pants and has a history of infidelity.

Rucci just thinks that by trying to keep things out of the SA print media and shouting down anyone that says anything will somehow stop people from finding out.

The Boak /Harlett thing will come out eventually - it always does.

Regards his crack at Tex via Grant Thomas, I have to wonder just what pond slime he'll engage to make derogatory remarks about Crows players next?
Grant Thomas ....pppfffttt
As much of a nobody as Rucci.

I guess Tex being voted the best captain by the other captains is nothing worth mentioning.
His bitterness is beyond the pale these days.

Grooster24

Club Legend
May 27, 2015
Dlusional
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
You're saying he's saying GWS are more heavily penalised than we were?

Well, look forward to GWS losing 3 first round and 3 second round draft picks then :drunk:

He's saying at what point should a club be held accountable for their employees. It appears GWS weren't held accountable, yet AFC were.

If we apply the same principle as what currently appears to allow GWS not to be penalised, then he said the AFC should then question why the AFC were penalised when the board didn't know of the secret Tippett contract.

Same argument that others on these boards have asked.

May 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
WWTFC,Chelsea,Glasgow Celtic,Lech Poznan
He's saying at what point should a club be held accountable for their employees. It appears GWS weren't held accountable, yet AFC were.

If we apply the same principle as what currently appears to allow GWS not to be penalised, then he said the AFC should then question why the AFC were penalised when the board didn't know of the secret Tippett contract.

Same argument that others on these boards have asked.

Problem is the AFL was run by Demetriou who hated the Crows and now we have McLaughlin and friends who have no idea. Trigg was a company man who took a bullet for the team.

Back