Snoops 2016 List Management, Trade and Draft thoughts

Remove this Banner Ad

Why is everyone convinced that the Combine measurements are less accurate than measurements that have come from god knows where?
Because they have form in stuffing up player measurements.
Would you rather Darcy Moore played on Alex Rance with a 5cm advantage or on Zac Dawson with a 2cm advantage.

Would Rance be less effective if he was 2 cm shorter?
That's all very nice, but we aren't talking about Rance vs Dawson. We're talking about whether Cox is 192 or 194cm. Would you prefer a 192cm Brennan Cox or a 194cm Brennan Cox to draft as a key defender is the real question?

They're exactly the same footballer. So which do you prefer? 192cm key defender Brennan Cox, or 194cm key defender Brennan Cox?

If they're exactly the same footballer, it doesn't matter. They'll both be just as good in the air and just as good at ground level.

If they're exactly the same footballer, it doesn't matter. They'll both be just as good in the air and just as good at ground level.
Cool. I'll take the equivalent footballer with the height advantage then. 2cm might not seem like much, but it could be the difference between an effective spoil or a mark to the opposition forward.

Quick question Snoop.

What are your thoughts on Darcy Cameron?
You have him taken at #66 - Seems a pretty good list fit for us as a back up ruck to Grundy who seems to be improving year on year and I think has the makings of a smart late round selection for the pies. All things being equal I'd rather him than a quick fix option like Minson.

very plausible. i like Darcy and have for a while. The knock on him has been agility and thats from a club I know who has looked at him. For CFC makes sense albeit I think we are in more desperate need of a back key forward hence Eddy. For mine Grundy, Cox and then White are the options for us. Cameron would be behind Cox I would think. It more a priority thing. If we wanted Darcy reckon it will have to be that 5th selection though.

very plausible. i like Darcy and have for a while. The knock on him has been agility and thats from a club I know who has looked at him. For CFC makes sense albeit I think we are in more desperate need of a back key forward hence Eddy. For mine Grundy, Cox and then White are the options for us. Cameron would be behind Cox I would think. It more a priority thing. If we wanted Darcy reckon it will have to be that 5th selection though.

Do you really think that White and Cox are genuine options to play First ruck?

I think Cox is for sure.
White is only ever going to be a decent chop out ruck and been ok at various times. Bit like Pebbles I think it helps him get into games.
I think there is a ruck coming. Marshall, McInerney, Cameron and Minson would be the front runners would think.

I think Cox is for sure.
White is only ever going to be a decent chop out ruck and been ok at various times. Bit like Pebbles I think it helps him get into games.
I think there is a ruck coming. Marshall, McInerney, Cameron and Minson would be the front runners would think.

Brennan Cox seems to be a good get, I wonder if we also got Cederic Cox.
We could have three Coxs in our team.

Interesting spine: Reid - Cox - Cox - Moore - Cox

I think Cox is for sure.
Of the fill in rucks coming who strikes you as the best teacher or coaching type?

I always appreciated what Ben Hudson brought to the table

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They're exactly the same footballer. So which do you prefer? 192cm key defender Brennan Cox, or 194cm key defender Brennan Cox?
Either Cox will do.

I have a feeling he will taken by us. Whichever height he is it will be tall enough.
Not Mason tall but who is.

That was an interesting conversation re heights. I generally believe talent wins out so a talented and dedicated player is going to be the exact same regardless of where the top of their head reaches.

Give me their wingspan over height any day!

I know a guy who could be very interested in becoming a CFC supporter if this eventuates.
Each to their own.
We are a broach church where everyone is invited openly.
But once Collingwood, it's for life

Hi Snoop hope you are well , just wondering with the academy zone that we have been given by the AFL some areas is the Northern Teritory and Oakleigh do we potentially have any players comming up in the next 2 or 3 years?
If we do what will it cost us? I could be wrong i think category 2?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back