Review Winners and Losers - 2016 AFL National Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Old navy

Club Legend
Nov 28, 2014
Eastern Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
GWS did well but Taranto at pick 2 is a big call, although they are one club that could play him predominantly as a half forward, which is were he has looked most impressive.

Brisbane have done well with McCluggage Berry Cox Witherden and Allison, a very impressive hall.
But have they fallen into the trap of taking the best available player and over looking another very highly rated talent that has openly said he would love to make the move up there?

Sydney taking Florent was also surpising, given the personal circumstances involved.
Is the ideal player for them and they obviously back themselves to keep him.
Hayward a great pick for them.

Norths did the right thing taking Jy Simpkin, kid will be a gun. The two picks in the 30's are very strange selections.

Port did really well IMO. Got the highest rated key forward and added 3 good midfield prospects.

Geelong I rate Parfitt, but still think pick 27 is a massive reach.

Ben Long also picked way earlier then expected.

Freo's was a safe draft ....about middle of the club ranking GCS even with their high picks have done extremely well

Think Logue was a great get. Think he is a much better option then English, he was always going to slide if you guys didn't take him.
GCS and Swans would have like Logue, you guys best them to it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why?
The said on the telecast that they were shocked Brisbane didn't match our bid for Watson, so he must be decent?

Think it was more as it would have only cost them a couple of late picks. I didn't mind the selection of either him or Williams, as both fill needs. Simpkin is a beauty.

Why?
The said on the telecast that they were shocked Brisbane didn't match our bid for Watson, so he must be decent?

IMO if the kangas wanted a defender, there were probably better options available.
Wouldn't them not matching point more towards them not rating him that highly, they would know the player pretty well.
Williams I can understand more as he is a running half back type, which is a need for North.
Didn't realise he was rated that highly.
Are you happy with the two picks in the 30's ?

Is it a massive win draft for Indigenous players?

SPS at 6. Florent I assume is Indigenous at 11. Simpkin at 12. SPS at 18. Cedric Cox 24. Ben Long 25. Parfitt 26. Bolton 29.

That seems a lot higher number in the top 30 than I can recall.

Yep, great year for Indigenous talent. 8 players in the top 30 is great for our indigenous brothers.

There's no point talking him down but based on what I've seen and read, it's a bit of a reach.

Now we just have to hope he exceeds expectations.

He did some big time stuff at champs, is certainly the kind of player that could make a lot of recuiters look silly if he puts it all together.
Think he got injuries just has he was start to put some serious footy together.
IMO there was some great local talent that you guys have overlooked. Bolton would have been a great fit for WC
Pick 12 probably a bit to early for him.

IMO if the kangas wanted a defender, there were probably better options available.
Wouldn't them not matching point more towards them not rating him that highly, they would know the player pretty well.
Williams I can understand more as he is a running half back type, which is a need for North.
Didn't realise he was rated that highly.
Are you happy with the two picks in the 30's ?
I am very bullish on Williams. Take a look at this, runs like the wind and knows where the goals are. Looks a real get.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back