Traded 25. Zac Fisher

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi guys, I've had a little bit to do with zac, and you won't be dissapointed - he was told quite a while ago that carlton were likely to take him with their 2nd pick (SOS trip a double up!) . He didn't actually know who sos was originally so goes to show the gen yness. Guys he's a hard little campaigner that will give you everything, don't let his size fool you (250g of protons/day fix it up anyway) he is as hard as nails, playing against grown ass men for most of the year -and growing up playing ammos in mortlock shield doesn't hurt. wish we had have taken him. best of luck zac.

Ok, ive seen his highlights, so I am now an expert....

He reads the tap well
He has speed
He looks crafty around goals
He has an unusual chip kicking action, but it looks deliberate and a crafty way to kick to teammates' advantage

Kicks like Boekhorst and in many ways seems to play the same. We haven't seen BB have a good run at it yet - hope he can show a bit this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely over the moon with this pick. so heartening to finally be confident in our recruiters.

Zac Fisher is a prolific gun. Him and SPS will make some combination.

SOS you beauty!

KM is he likened to Caleb Daniel??

There is some Caleb Daniel to him.

I compared him to Lachie Neale as he plays more inside. But he could easily become more an outside type like Daniel and slip into a senior team seamlessly and contribute strongly from the get go.

Kicks like Boekhorst and in many ways seems to play the same. We haven't seen BB have a good run at it yet - hope he can show a bit this year.
Yeah just watching a bit of the highlights and he did strike me a bit Boekhorst like. Though hopefully in 3 years he's killing it.

I see so much Wingard in Fisher. Different positions, Wingard is far superior above head and as a forward. But the way they run, kick evade and generally move.. to me the resemblance is uncanny.

I wasn't right across Fisher before the draft but have spent some time analyzing since and I am over the moon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys, I've had a little bit to do with zac, and you won't be dissapointed - he was told quite a while ago that carlton were likely to take him with their 2nd pick (SOS trip a double up!) . He didn't actually know who sos was originally so goes to show the gen yness. Guys he's a hard little campaigner that will give you everything, don't let his size fool you (250g of protons/day fix it up anyway) he is as hard as nails, playing against grown ass men for most of the year -and growing up playing ammos in mortlock shield doesn't hurt. wish we had have taken him. best of luck zac.
We're trying to make him nuclear fissionable?? I take it back, he's obviously more explosive than I thought.

Looks like a mini Jack Silvagni! Reckon he runs like Buckley. Caleb Daniel made a mockery of those who said he was too short - racked up the possessions and hardly missed a target - Fisher might "surprise" as well!
Daniel has a lot more pace and his foot skills are about as elite as they get. Was stunned at the time at how lowly he was rated because of his size despite dominating the Champs with every touch.

Fisher ticks the ball over and has elite vision, but I don't think his technique and skill is quite at the level of Daniel. Whether he has enough about him to inject something to the side at AFL level I guess we'll see.

Great get and good luck to the young man. But gee 61kegs I think I was 12 the last time I weighed that much
This is the thing that worries me most about him: can he put the weight on? Guess we're going to find out.

Last edited:
Brett Anderson's phantom draft (which used readings from the draft combine) had Fisher listed as 70kg so he's bulked up a bit since that 61kg reading. I'm sure he will continue to bulk up in a professional environment. Plus if he can link up on the outside and use that smooth kick and pace of his, weight shouldn't be a huge issue provided he gets it to a decent level. I like that he has been playing against men already and holding his own and he definitely has a lot of attributes that will hold him in good stead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back