Official Club Stuff 2017 Membership Tally

Remove this Banner Ad

Any idea on the Bulldogs tally at this early point? Any other updates in the last week? I think the Saibts and Demons are going well. Any word on the Blues, Hawks and Tigers? Usually these clubs start counting early...

For the records, so far North Melbourne are 2000 up on where they were this time last year and 500 in front for Tasmania. They are currently sitting at 20,212 as at 7th November, so it's not all gloom and doom. Clearly their supporters are not feeling any pessimism. I think that most NM supporters are being realistic and realise that their players had clearly run out of steam mid season in 2016 and harsh measures and decisions had to be made. We aren't expecting miracles for 2017 with retired experienced players and a reinvigorated younger playing group. It is likely that they are likely to be back as a competative top eight team in 2018.
Great start by the Roos! If they grow again in 2017 it will be a terrific effort.

2017AFLMembers.png

Hawks over 50k. 46k in auto renewals which is 2/3 of our members.
This is the key to a high membership, stopping the drop off by rolling members into next season.
Tiges have similar numbers.

Lots of clubs were reporting numbers by mid October last year and haven't as yet. Richmond and Carlton were two clubs that appear slow to get going this year. I think Richmonds auto renewals was last Monday, strangely low key and quiet on the tiger front with no updates. Tigers were st 51,000 this time last year I believe. Perhaps a sign that membership not matching the heights of 2016 in 2017? I would've expected modest growth for Carlton in 2017.

Any updated Tigers or Blues fans?

Interesting one is Collingwood. Could be a tough year in membership for the Pies.

Great start by Hawthorn at 51K already. I think slightly ahead of last year.

Lots of clubs were reporting numbers by mid October last year and haven't as yet. Richmond and Carlton were two clubs that appear slow to get going this year. I think Richmonds auto renewals was last Monday, strangely low key and quiet on the tiger front with no updates. Tigers were st 51,000 this time last year I believe. Perhaps a sign that membership not matching the heights of 2016 in 2017? I would've expected modest growth for Carlton in 2017.

Any updated Tigers or Blues fans?

Interesting one is Collingwood. Could be a tough year in membership for the Pies.

Great start by Hawthorn at 51K already. I think slightly ahead of last year.

I think its mostly that they havent got tallies on their sites this year. Collingwood didnt have one at all last year.

I think its mostly that they havent got tallies on their sites this year. Collingwood didnt have one at all last year.
True... Interesting as it could be (incorrectly) construed as a sign things aren't as positive as hoped? There doesn't seem to be the usual buzz and hype about the Tigers membership story this year.
In hindsight maybe Collingwood removed their tally from their website as it was 'bad news' last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tigers at 44,179 (-7,600 to same time 2015). I assume part of their auto renewals yet to hit this number. There could also be some flow on from 6 months of mayhem as this is quite a considerable drop off in support..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back