Remove this Banner Ad

I hopped onto a bus (I take a bus about once a year), after dropping my car off at the mechanic.

I scanned my myki card which has $10.70 on it.. then went to take my seat.
About 1min later a ticket inspector who was already on the bus came up to me to check my card. He scanned it and stated that it wasn't touched on even though he saw me touch on. I had enough money on the card as well.

I appealed the fine too even asked for cctv footage of me touching on with the card once entering the bus and it was rejected.

$75 fine I think it was.. I was ruddy livid.
Trying to do the right thing yet zero discretion was shown to me.

Yup our law is a joke.
I'm so sorry about this, here are some stories that i still can believe something like this can happen normally..

Hold on, unless I'm missing something, she was the aggressor. He just pushed her away and she fell. Has this really turned into a witch hunt against the guy in black?

He basically picked her up off the ground and threw her. Animal.

Buuuuuuuuuut she came at him and came at him first and very very aggressively.

The bigger party needed to walk away. Sadly none did. Both f wits.

Guy is a dead set thug. But she is far from a wide eyed victim.

Just my opinion but no one deserves to be knocked out on a hens night. Take responsibility.

I wonder what the real problem causing these incidents is?

He didn't pick her up he pushed her away, which is entirely reasonable since she kept coming at him. He was trying to walk away ffs.

I have no info on the precursor to this but based on that video alone she is culpable for her own injury.

You even see him in the later part of the video trying to calm things down.

Jamie Murphy, 18yo from Perth gets found with a bag of white powder in Kuta. A day later he is released because it is apparently crushed up flu tablets. Did money change hands or was he just friggen lucky? His story of how he got it is certainly odd.

Jamie Murphy, 18yo from Perth gets found with a bag of white powder in Kuta. A day later he is released because it is apparently crushed up flu tablets. Did money change hands or was he just friggen lucky? His story of how he got it is certainly odd.

He's such a loser his patheticness cancelled itself out.

Yes he bought drugs, but luckily he was scammed.
( IMO ).

He's such a loser his patheticness cancelled itself out.

Yes he bought drugs, but luckily he was scammed.
( IMO ).

Luckiest turn of events ever. So lucky it's unbelievable.

I just got scammed out of $65 on Gumtree and I am ******* annoyed right now :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

How did they scam you on Gumtree?

Advertised ticket, contacted them by sms, seemed genuine enough, sent payment for e-ticket and now phone is off and no response

Advertised ticket, contacted them by sms, seemed genuine enough, sent payment for e-ticket and now phone is off and no response

Crap

I generally only use Gumtree for pay on collect stuff.
Ebay/Paypal gives you decent protection from that kind of stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a bitch. How dare she not be waiting by the phone for your enormous $65 purchase.

Well she didn't have any problems replying quickly when I was organising payment for her, then when I showed her the payment receipt mysteriously no reply and phone turned off and no voice mail at all.

I'm pretty sure a reasonable person would have come to the conclusion of the scamming.

If $65 means nothing to you then what are you doing with it.

Well she didn't have any problems replying quickly when I was organising payment for her, then when I showed her the payment receipt mysteriously no reply and phone turned off and no voice mail at all.

I'm pretty sure a reasonable person would have come to the conclusion of the scamming.

If $65 means nothing to you then what are you doing with it.

So you texted with her, then sent her proof of payment, she didn't reply right away so you went onto the Internet to declare that you'd been scammed...

So you texted with her, then sent her proof of payment, she didn't reply right away so you went onto the Internet to declare that you'd been scammed...

I explained why. You just want to argue now

I explained why. You just want to argue now

No, no, I don't want to argue. I am just trying to work out why someone would declare they'd been scammed because a person had dared not respond within a couple of hours... maybe she was at work and her phone was off, for example. Not possible?

No, no, I don't want to argue. I am just trying to work out why someone would declare they'd been scammed because a person had dared not respond within a couple of hours... maybe she was at work and her phone was off, for example. Not possible?

Read my post again. Everything you need to know is in there. This is the last time I'm responding.

You don't take someone's money then suddenly go offline for a number hours, no voice mail, nothing to indicate that you haven't just been scammed by an opportunist.

If you are planning on cutting all lines of communication, the decent thing would be to let the person know beforehand.

Read my post again. Everything you need to know is in there. This is the last time I'm responding.

You don't take someone's money then suddenly go offline for a number hours, no voice mail, nothing to indicate that you haven't just been scammed by an opportunist.

If you are planning on cutting all lines of communication, the decent thing would be to let the person know beforehand.

You don't? But she did. And I can think of a dozen reasons why someone might, that I would probably consider before I went online yelling "Scammer! Scammer!"

You don't? But she did. And I can think of a dozen reasons why someone might, that I would probably consider before I went online yelling "Scammer! Scammer!"

Good for you. I wish it had have been you in the situation rather than me.

Although in the end incorrect he obviously felt it was suspicious at the time, why do you care so much?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back