Player Sponsorship 2017 Richmond Board Player Sponsorship

Remove this Banner Ad

2017 Player Sponsorship
Greetings and salutations Tiger brethren!

If I can borrow a moment of your time in between your ECO/ECI discussions and the time honoured tradition of LOL-ing at norf.

Just a disclaimer first off. There is no requirement to participate in our boards player sponsorship, it is open to anyone that wants to be involved. For those that do participate, thank you for your support.

Last year we managed to raise $3000 for the club and sponsored four players in Houli (4th year), McIntosh (4th year), Menadue (2nd year) and Short (2nd year). Hopefully we'll be able to raise this much, or more, again in 2017.

Normally 4 player sponsorships would cost $6,000 ($1,500 per player) but the club has been very supportive over the years and helped us with discounts. Last year we raised just shy of $3,000 and with left over money from the year before, we were able to sponsor the 4 players for $3,500 ($875 per player) - saving about $2,500.

Speaking from experience, the player sponsorship offerings from the club are top notch. Plus it's great to meet some of your fellow posters in real life. If you're not familiar with player sponsorship, you can read up here:
https://membership.richmondfc.com.au/player-sponsorship

2017 Benefits include:
  • An invitation to attend the annual Player Sponsor Dinner, sitting with your sponsored player.
  • Player Sponsorship BBQ and Private Training session.
  • Exclusive Richmond Football Club facility tour.
  • Personalised 2017 Richmond Guernsey.
  • Personal signed photo with your sponsored player.
  • Your name alongside your sponsored players name in the Richmond training facilities.
The above benefits are 1 per sponsorship - which means (just like in previous years) we will need to raffle off each prize.

At this stage, we're just looking for pledges and expressions of interest from anyone who wants to participate again for 2017. Last year each share price was set at $50 so unless there's any major objections, we'll keep that the same.

If making a pledge, please be sure to mention how much you'd like to contribute.

For sponsoring, you will receive the following (refer to under my name for examples of badges):
  • A 2017 Player Sponsor Badge
  • 1x Player Badge (of your choice from our sponsored players) per $50 share
  • 2x Raffle Tickets per $50 share that can be allocated in any combination towards the following prizes (I'll explain this further below):
Option 1) Player Sponsor Dinner
Option 2) Player Sponsor BBQ and Private Training session
Option 3) Inner Sanctum Tour
Option 4) Player Sponsor Signed 2017 Richmond Guernsey
Note: I'm waiting to hear back from the club on the function dates and will advise in due course.

In addition, BigFooty provides the following to anyone that contributes towards their boards player sponsorships (refer here for details on these memberships):
  • $50 contributions - BigFooty Gold
  • $100+ contributes - BigFooty Platinum

Prize Raffle Explanation
In previous years we've just put everyone against every prize unless they've said otherwise. This hasn't really turned out to be practical as many people found it hard to attend the functions. By having raffle tickets this allows people to put their name into the prizes they want. Basically we want to ensure a fair and even distribution of prizes.

To nominate your options you'll need to tell myself once you make your bank transfer for the player sponsorship. The options can be in any combination. For example if you had three sponsorships shares ($150) then you would have 6 tickets. You could allocate 2 to the Dinner, 1 to the BBQ & Tour and 3 to the Guernsey. If you don't care about the guernsey, or figure more people will go for the guernsey, then you might put 2 tickets in each of the functions. The intention of providing the dates is so you can confirm in advance if you can attend.

Payment (IMPORTANT: Don't send any yet - need to determine if we have enough interest across the board first. If/Once we have enough interest/pledges, we will then start the collection).

If you don't have the bank account details we use already (it's the same as previous years) then send Heisenberg_ and/or myself a PM and we will provide it. Please make sure you enter your BigFooty account name as the deposit description so we know it's from you.

If you have any questions or part of the above needs further explanation, just ask. Feel free to share your own experiences to help others make up their mind as well.

P.S - In previous years, DrMike and Heisenberg_ helped organise this. As I'm just starting to sink my teeth into this little project (and realising the leg work they had to do), wanted to give a special shout out to those dudes for their efforts. You done good fellas. :p:thumbsu:

P.P.S - Also feel free to state whether you're happy with the current players; or if you'd like to change the guard a bit.

I'M IN FOR SURE :thumbsu:......... VERY DISAPPOINTED ABOUT LAST YEARS CAPITULATION !!

P.S THANKS FOR ORGANIZING AND ALSO TO THOSE OF PREVIOUS YEARS!.....:D

I'M IN FOR SURE :thumbsu:......... VERY DISAPPOINTED ABOUT LAST YEARS CAPITULATION !!

P.S THANKS FOR ORGANIZING AND ALSO TO THOSE OF PREVIOUS YEARS!.....:D

Good stuff dudes - how many shares do you both want? (Sorry, I should have mentioned that in the original post haha).

For everyone else - if you're interested/pledging: Please specify how much you'd like to contribute. :)

NUFC Tiger you helped me out last year when I couldn't work so let me repay the favor this year and shout you

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In for the first time one or two shares

Good to have you onboard Tigers Time! :thumbsu:

NUFC Tiger you helped me out last year when I couldn't work so let me repay the favor this year and shout you

Haha all good my Toon brother, no need to repay me. If you want, you can pay it forward to another poster though - every bit helps get us a little closer! :)

In for 1 again, possibly 2 depending on when the collection deadline is.

Will find out from the club when's the latest we can sign up for next season and then let everyone know when we need to get our money into the club.

In again. In terms of the players to sponsor, not too fussed, but i do like a general vibe of the young guys recent/new to the club. The fan favorite guys have numerous sponsors already. Good to give the newbies some support.

In again. In terms of the players to sponsor, not too fussed, but i do like a general vibe of the young guys recent/new to the club. The fan favorite guys have numerous sponsors already. Good to give the newbies some support.
Haven't seen you posting around here in a while TT!
We going to Round 1 again? (wine permitting)

Haven't seen you posting around here in a while TT!
We going to Round 1 again? (wine permitting)
For sure LL (round 1). Built a cellar in my house now so all the red you can handle is on stock.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back