Shaun Marsh

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 19, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Swans Blog
Hope to never see this imposter in the national team again. He can take his useless brother back to shield cricket and up skill, maybe learn to play while they're at it.

How Shaun ever gets recalled beggars belief, but with that old coot gone, hopefully this embarrassing trial is over.

Thoughts?

How Shaun ever gets recalled beggars belief, but with that old coot gone, hopefully this embarrassing trial is over.
oooo dear :drunk: :huh: :drunk: :huh:

23maefm.jpg

For a long time I thought Marsh was like a festering weeping burst-open pile on the a-hole of the Australian team.

He didn't deserve to be there, didn't deserve even the slightest consideration, based on his abysmal (for a test player) first class record.

Since then, however, he played a small but match winning hand in Adelaide last year and followed it up with a century in his next test, only to get dropped.
He got recalled, and made another century.
He started this series with a decent 60.

Why would anyone pick NOW, on the back of what he's done in his last 4 tests, to question whether he should be in or near the team?

For a long time I thought Marsh was like a festering weeping burst-open pile on the a-hole of the Australian team.

He didn't deserve to be there, didn't deserve even the slightest consideration, based on his abysmal (for a test player) first class record.

Since then, however, he played a small but match winning hand in Adelaide last year and followed it up with a century in his next test, only to get dropped.
He got recalled, and made another century.
He started this series with a decent 60.

Why would anyone pick NOW, on the back of what he's done in his last 4 tests, to question whether he should be in or near the team?

More than likely finish the series against Pakistan with 40 next to his name and fans clamouring to have him fired out of a cannon into the sun.

Hope to never see this imposter in the national team again. He can take his useless brother back to shield cricket and up skill, maybe learn to play while they're at it.

Thoughts?
Nicė melt.

Before recently, maybe the last 18 months Marsh didn't really deserve to be playing test cricket.

He's good enough now but if we had decent batting options a player injured as much as he is wouldn't work his way back in so quickly. Happy to select him again in the number six spot or if Renshaw fails the rest of the summer. He's just not quite test standard IMO. Good enough to play a good innings, not good enough to do it consistently. He is however in the top six batsmen in Australia. Some just won't forgive him for getting tests before he deserved it though...

Will play again. I can almost guarantee that.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thoughts?

Shaun Marsh has an average of 53.50 over his last 10 Test innings.

He's finally come good, yet some people want him gone forever, more than ever. Bizarre.

Shaun Marsh has an average of 53.50 over his last 10 Test innings.

He's finally come good, yet some people want him gone forever, more than ever. Bizarre.

Yet in typical Marsh fashion injures himself. he's a good bat, but a very injury prone one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yet in typical Marsh fashion injures himself. he's a good bat, but a very injury prone one.

Marsh is a good player with good hands but let down by his body and his mental approach to the game. He could still make it as a great test player ahead but at 33yo, the sunset isn't that far away either.

So why not ride him until he fails, and try and get every last drop out of him when he's fit? It's not like there's a ton of other guys beating down the door. Even the new guys for this Test weren't exactly convincing selections when made, and it's clear that guys like Maddinson should be nowhere near it.

FWIW I was never a massive fan of Marsh but given his ton in Sri Lanka and 60-odd in Perth it doesn't make sense to call him done now. If he doesn't follow up on those digs he'll get the ass again for what I suspect - at age 33 and after 5 years in and out of the team - would be the last time.

I dont like Marsh that much but definitely in for Maddinson.

Renshaw
Warner
Uzzie
Smith
Marsh
Handscomb

A top six that might actually scratch out a score in India! I don't like Marsh but we need him over there.

Cancerous thread.

Takes a special kind of ignorance to regurgitate this kind of rubbish after the commendable few years in both the test and ODI side Marsh has had. Can't see how he doesn't come back in immediately for Maddinson.

Easily the best player of spin in the test side

That'd be Smith, surely?

Regardless of who it is with Marsh, Smith and Handscomb in India we actually stand half a chance of posting some decent scores you'd think. Aside from Patterson having better exposed form in general, I'd have thought Patterson was the more likely out of he and Maddinson to succeed in India. I wouldn't say Patterson is an amazing player of spin (and I've never seen him truly tested against great spin bowling) but there is nothing in the way he bats to suggest he'll be a walking wicket.

I rate Maddinson very highly as a talent but he had a very poor patch of form last season, and blokes with his sort of loose technique can really find the going tough on the sub continent. Which is strange because a lot of Indian's have very loose wristy technique's but growing up in this conditions is a lot different to be a tourist there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back