Who will be the next club to break a premiership drought?

Who will break the next premiership drought?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Because you match them and beat them, doesnt make you a better team than them. Some teams have bogeys.
We beat Geelong & Hawthorn in their premiership years. And the Saints when they were top 2.

This is a problem for Melbourne though if they can't turn it around. Can claim they are better than St Kilda but don't match up well specifically against them all they like, but if we're talking breaking a premiership drought, no one gets to pick their GF opponent and avoid bogey teams.

This is a problem for Melbourne though if they can't turn it around. Can claim they are better than St Kilda but don't match up well specifically against them all they like, but if we're talking breaking a premiership drought, no one gets to pick their GF opponent and avoid bogey teams.
Of course, if we can't beat the Saints, who are ordinary, we won't do any damage when it matters.

We will get the break through win though. It's just a matter of time.

This dees team v the saints at the G is what I'd like to see first.
Is it that the saints are the dees bogey team or Etihad?

and we all know that there is an utter bias towards some clubs so anything we say will always remain confidential
until such time as well it is put to the sword and these favoured clubs will persist long enough to allow
themselves to get to a point where they will be able to handle a move to the top of the table.

this we know is very hard and requires a great deal of personality, drive, time management, and luck.

so I leave it with you while I have a 'stab' at rectifying the other obvious misconceptions about those who deserve
one thing or another. ;)

Hopetfully Carlton, but on logic I think Melbourne is the closest club of the ones in the poll to win the flag. They have proven they can beat finals teams in Hawthorn and GWS, they should make next years finals series. St Kilda are 1-2 years behind Melbourne in development and I would have more confidence in Melbourne beating St Kilda in a finals match, based on history and most of the finals being at the MCG, Melbourne's home ground.

PS this is my 100th post!!!!:D

Hopefully Hibberd can help here.
Important thing for Melbourne will be the ball carriers/wings. Salem and Stretch are crucial here. Not sure what Melksham can do.
Hibberd is a back flanker. I think you need another key back. With the hawks on the slide maybe Frawley will come back!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah ok ...
Been hearing this for 3 years. In that time
Weve drafted better, improved as a team better so how do you plan on taking us over?
We are adding in 2017 from 2016 the following players ready to go. All things we needed. Key Defence, inside and speed.
J.Carlisle
N.Freeman - hes back
J.Steele
N.Brown
K.Stevens
B.Long

Acres, Billings and McCartin are our future guns. They havent a great run with injury. They are all ready and smashing the preseason into them and look out. You couldnt match us then good luck doing it in 2017.

It is simply lazy journalism and lazy opinion on demons. They havent done anything a few top draft picks dont mean anything (see carlton richmond and yourselves ha)
Reality is demons have very slow midfield. Overated midfield (oliver, brayshaw, bugg, vandeberg kent - all slow like steamtrains)
Demons have no decent medium forwards, no depth in small talent, and no back up for gawn god forbid he go down.
Hogan too. Seriously what happens if hogan goes down? Watts is a fantastically skilled player and has impoved out of sight but he is soft. Always has been and he will NEVER handle the pressure of being number 1 forward or finals. Hes best being 3rd tall.
Christ, what a rubbish post.

You accuse others of laziness yet resort to "training the house down" conjecture, claim Nathan Freeman is a significant ("ready to go!") addition to your list (career recap: four average VFL games in two years), list draftees who haven't had a single training session and even have the audacity to use potato like Koby Stevens as an argument for success.

Clearly you don't know much about our midfield; Oliver and Brayshaw (Top 3 in the Rising Star before an injury-riddled season) are the only two you've listed who are likely best 22, but no mention of Lewis, Viney, Tyson or Nathan Jones?

As far as young talent goes, the Demons have three players in the current AFL under 22 squad. The Saints, only one.

I'm not interested in a Demons/ Saints s**t-fight; both teams have fantastic young lists and it's going to be a great couple of years for supporters of both teams. Having said that, your post is extraordinarily s**t, and your spelling and grammar are horrendous as well.

Christ, what a rubbish post.

You accuse others of laziness yet resort to "training the house down" conjecture, claim Nathan Freeman is a significant ("ready to go!") addition to your list (career recap: four average VFL games in two years), list draftees who haven't had a single training session and even have the audacity to use potato like Koby Stevens as an argument for success.

Clearly you don't know much about our midfield; Oliver and Brayshaw (Top 3 in the Rising Star before an injury-riddled season) are the only two you've listed who are likely best 22, but no mention of Lewis, Viney, Tyson or Nathan Jones?

As far as young talent goes, the Demons have three players in the current AFL under 22 squad. The Saints, only one.

I'm not interested in a Demons/ Saints s**t-fight; both teams have fantastic young lists and it's going to be a great couple of years for supporters of both teams. Having said that, your post is extraordinarily s**t, and your spelling and grammar are horrendous as well.
First of all. 'Training the house down' is clearly a joke
Second i never said you had shote players just slow midfield up and coming.

All im saying is stkilda youngsters v mebourne youngsters WE have the better balanced, tougher, more motivated, more chemistty driven and better leadership amongt them.
How can you argue this?

Ok tell me this if tomorrow you havd a choice out of brayshaw and acres who do you take?

STKILDA under 21 Mids
Steele
Acres
Billings
Gresham
Sinclair
Dunstan
McKenzie
Freeman

MEBOURNE under 21 Mids
Petracca
Oliver
Brayshaw
Hunt
Bugg
Kent

Remind me again why you guys are so superior?

STKILDA under 21 Mids
Some of the players you've listed for St. Kilda aren't under 21.

You clearly have no idea your own list, let alone another teams.

Let's leave it at that before you embarrass yourself any further.

And Nat Fyfe us comfortably better than any midfielder you have , or have had for the last decade . See goes both ways . Our KPD depth is the best its ever been , Tom McDonald might wanna learn how to kick a sherrin sometime soon as well .

Stocking up on quality defenders yet expecting the one Plan man Ross to go more attacking? hahahahaha. Reckon next year Fyfe will get more possessions in quite a few games then your opponents or your guys even score.

STKILDA under 21 Mids
Steele
Acres
Billings
Gresham
Sinclair
Dunstan
McKenzie
Freeman

MEBOURNE under 21 Mids
Petracca
Oliver
Brayshaw
Hunt
Bugg
Kent

Don't ever apply to mensa.

A couple of questions...

How many of the above do you think will still be 20 at round 1, 2017 ?

Why even use "under 21" as a metric ? Under 25 is much more salient, because you're including players that will consistently effect games and contribute to victories.

But in reality I know why you say under 21. You use a measure that you think works best for you. Even then you stuff it up.

STKILDA under 21 Mids
Steele
Acres
Billings
Gresham
Sinclair
Dunstan
McKenzie
Freeman

MEBOURNE under 21 Mids
Petracca
Oliver
Brayshaw
Hunt
Bugg
Kent

And a terrible post at that.
Melbourne are soft.
How are Melbourne soft when they are ranked 6th in the competition for tackles and won or came close to some of the best teams in the comp. St Kilda were ranked 14th for tackles this year. http://www.afl.com.au/stats
Melbourne also averaged more disposals, handballs and goals than St Kilda. They have won 11 more premierships and are a bit more trustworthy in September than the saints. The rivalry between St Kilda and Melbourne could heat up next year.

Whoever has the best midfielders.

I'm biased, but if anyone can convince me that any of those clubs have a midfield that is superior to:

Gawn, Lewis, Viney, Tyson, Jones, Vince, Oliver, Brayshaw, Petracca, Salem, Stretch, Melksham, Trengove (yes, I still like him) then I'll change my mind.

Add Hogan, Weideman, Watts and Kent in the forward-line, Hunt and Hibberd, etc. in the back-line and I think I have reason to be bullish.

Some fellow Dees fans won't like hearing this, but I believe they're going to be very good very quickly.
Quiet... the footy gods will hear you and smite us back down the bottom of the ladder

Whoever has the best midfielders.

I'm biased, but if anyone can convince me that any of those clubs have a midfield that is superior to:

Gawn, Lewis, Viney, Tyson, Jones, Vince, Oliver, Brayshaw, Petracca, Salem, Stretch, Melksham, Trengove (yes, I still like him) then I'll change my mind.

Add Hogan, Weideman, Watts and Kent in the forward-line, Hunt and Hibberd, etc. in the back-line and I think I have reason to be bullish.

Some fellow Dees fans won't like hearing this, but I believe they're going to be very good very quickly.
I'm a huge fan of the Dees, my second favourite team but the highlighted players won't be involved in a Dees' premiership imo - due to age or not being good enough.

The rest are absolute guns!

It's cute these supporters thinking they're a chance against the games two young super powers.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
oooh now you're entitled to give people the boot aren't you... ? I am not used to it but keep going.. sorry if this sounds like I am condescending
but well get used to it ...

I'm a huge fan of the Dees, my second favourite team but the highlighted players won't be involved in a Dees' premiership imo - due to age or not being good enough.

The rest are absolute guns!
I vehemently disagree about Tyson and Stretch. Tyson hasn't taken the next step, but is a quality player, whose inside creativity often goes unnoticed; and Stretch is rated exceedingly highly internally. He's only played 2 years and is already a lock in the best 22.

We can win the flag within 2 years and certainly 3. Vince may struggle, but the others are capable of still contributing.

Back