Player Watch Elliott Himmelberg - Contract extension to 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

The average big man takes about 4 years to mature to regular AFL best 22. No doubt make a few appearances but you wouldn't expect him to cement a spot for a while.
Good timing then. Harry might be getting a game to I guess soon.

Harrison was pick 15ish. Elliott pick 51.

By the draft Harrison is the better prospect.

Yes, but I still wonder if there was any chance we got a player that is as good as a first rounder last year at a steal at pick 51. Also, if the players are comparable then we have done well to snag Doedee and a Himmelberg for picks 17 and 51 (different years). I doubt we would have taken Elliot had we already taken Harrison last year, so it seems to have worked out very well, especially if the two brothers are similar prospects.

Watched the press conference on the website

- already requested a trade to GWS
- Said he was going to learn off of Justin Jenkins

Yeah that's a classic. He is going to try to take Justin's position in the team too. Would be gold if somehow he can manage to take it before he learns his name.

This lad looks really professional and mature for his age

I'm really looking forward to seeing where he lines up in the SANFL team

Does anyone else have a feeling we're a massive chance to get his brother in next year's trade period?

We obviously have an interest in him (last year's bid), and he's not going to get a whole heap of opportunity for the Giants. Maybe get Elliott in his ear?

All that springs to mind is SOS sniffing around. Reid and SOS in a bidding war for him. That would be interesting:)

Does anyone else have a feeling we're a massive chance to get his brother in next year's trade period?

We obviously have an interest in him (last year's bid), and he's not going to get a whole heap of opportunity for the Giants. Maybe get Elliott in his ear?
He was a regular near the end of the year wasn't he? I remember seeing him play and play well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have to be taking the piss

GWS matched our pick and he's had a great year at CHB in the neafl. He's tracking ahead of schedule and they love him

If you think he's on the way out you're crazy. Literally nuts
He'll play a lot of games for GWS this year IMO

You have to be taking the piss

GWS matched our pick and he's had a great year at CHB in the neafl. He's tracking ahead of schedule and they love him

If you think he's on the way out you're crazy. Literally nuts
They already have Tomlinson, Davis and Haynes as their three main tall defenders

Unless he overtakes one of them next year (he may well overtake Tomlinson, but I doubt it at this stage), I reckon he'll be seeking greater opportunities.

They already have Tomlinson, Davis and Haynes as their three main tall defenders

Unless he overtakes one of them next year (he may well overtake Tomlinson, but I doubt it at this stage), I reckon he'll be seeking greater opportunities.

Haynes is a KPD? Really

The games that HH played, Tomlinson , Davis and Haynes all played too

I reckon you just like saying stupid things to get attention :)

Haynes is a KPD? Really

The games that HH played, Tomlinson , Davis and Haynes all played too

I reckon you just like saying stupid things to get attention :)
I think I remember hearing he was played 'out of position' in those games? Could be wrong though. Think it's very unlikely GWS consistently play four talls in defence in the future (Haynes plays as a 3rd tall type).

No need for the snide remarks either, mate

Remove this Banner Ad

Back