Snoops 2016 List Management, Trade and Draft thoughts

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood

Xavier Richards could be one maybe they go for. Younger and better fits list profile but seemingly showed little interest.

Another could be Fraser McInness. I haven't seen enough of this year but he impressed me last year when he got a go. Good speed and agility and takes a good mark.

Re the mids another good one is Bunker. He really knows how to find it

Think we've actually now got 4 rookie picks as we didn't use all 5 ND picks.

Crazy Tails

Premiership Player
Nov 30, 2006
Collingwood Heartland
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Is there any other teams?
Think we've actually now got 4 rookie picks as we didn't use all 5 ND picks.

That's what I thought too. A list of 39 + 5. Josh Thomas the only one on the Cat A rookie list at the moment = 4 live rookie picks. We then have the option of adding Isiah Farell-Nelson after the draft as a Cat B rookie.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Is the kid from Barkley (Isiah??) available as a Cat B rookie this year or next?

Is the kid from Barkley (Isiah??) available as a Cat B rookie this year or next?
Farrell-Nelson is available as a cat B rookie if he gets overlooked on Monday.

Crazy Tails

Premiership Player
Nov 30, 2006
Collingwood Heartland
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Is there any other teams?

jackcass

Cancelled
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Could also depend on our TPP for next year. Are rookies salaries included in our salary cap?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cat Bs aren't, not sure about Cat As. Not sure we'd actually have a TPP issue unless we were planning on trying to stay close to the minimum 95% this year to free up capacity for 2017 potential trades or we've front loaded a few contracts.

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory
Yep I'd rather do that. You seen him. Was in the All star game. He is raw but my goodness has he got some attributes. I was 50-50 him going. Love him to get a spot.

Only highlights. Seems a good tap ruck, really quick and good follow up. But really raw with his ball handling and ball skills.

Sep 25, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Gippy Power
Snoop Dog love your contributions.
And your avatar but that's a whole James Bond thing.

Question: the four we've picked up, do you see any or all of them playing seniors next season?
What time frames at a guess could you see them making seniors.
Could you see any of them being even semi regular senior players next year?

Obviously massive injuries would push the button, but that aside.

No I don't. Possibly Sam could as a 3rd tall defender but would depend on injuries. KK conditioning probably an issue. Josh is probably a bit the same insomuch he needs get fitter. Brown could get in as a small forward but again be more unlikely.

I actually think bar the key positions our depth pretty good.

May 12, 2014
FNQ
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sixers
Well, it looked like an extremely solid draft and trade period if you ask me. Small forwards and KPPs seemed to be the order of the day,which should make most of BF happy! I was really happy with the ND, nabbing both F/S and the somewhat speculative picks of McLarty and Kirby. I also like the drafting of McCarthy and Lynch in the rookie. The only disappointment for me was that Schazza's brother didn't get a gig.

watt price tully

Team Captain
Nov 2, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hi Snoop, what are your thoughts on our rookie draft selections. I would have loved to have picked up Brett Eddy after you alerted us to his availability. I recall his talent in the VFL days.

Sep 25, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Gippy Power
Well, it looked like an extremely solid draft and trade period if you ask me. Small forwards and KPPs seemed to be the order of the day,which should make most of BF happy! I was really happy with the ND, nabbing both F/S and the somewhat speculative picks of McLarty and Kirby. I also like the drafting of McCarthy and Lynch in the rookie. The only disappointment for me was that Schazza's brother didn't get a gig.

Terrific draft for mine. I will do a write up later on it and compare the selections I might have otherwise have it but you can see the themes they went for and I cant disagree with them.

Yeah I was disappointed for Walker and Scharenberg to be honest. Love to see them get a crack in our VFL side and us use it as a platform like Geelong did for later selections in years to come. Surely if speed is an issue we have people that can work with them on that.

Only disappointment for me was probably Jordan Kelly. I thought he should have been rewarded.

Terrific draft for mine. I will do a write up later on it and compare the selections I might have otherwise have it but you can see the themes they went for and I cant disagree with them.

Yeah I was disappointed for Walker and Scharenberg to be honest. Love to see them get a crack in our VFL side and us use it as a platform like Geelong did for later selections in years to come. Surely if speed is an issue we have people that can work with them on that.

Only disappointment for me was probably Jordan Kelly. I thought he should have been rewarded.
I think Kelly will find it difficult to be considered again for AFL footy tbh. Already been to two clubs and failed, recruiters might have just decided he'll only ever be a very good VFL player.

Sep 25, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Gippy Power
I think Kelly will find it difficult to be considered again for AFL footy tbh. Already been to two clubs and failed, recruiters might have just decided he'll only ever be a very good VFL player.

yep thats true I guess. Shame as he clearly would have gotten a game with us this year if on a list.

makes you wonder why clubs cant top up with VFL listed players half way through the year.

yep thats true I guess. Shame as he clearly would have gotten a game with us this year if on a list.

makes you wonder why clubs cant top up with VFL listed players half way through the year.

I reckon they should be able to bring in VFL Listed Players from the Aligned Team IF there are a Few Player on the Long Term Injury List

That could well be the next step. The AFL is going to have to do something to bridge the gap between the top 4 and the rest.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
That could well be the next step. The AFL is going to have to do something to bridge the gap between the top 4 and the rest.
Not if the top 4 is GWS
Then they will do diddly squat

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
They will if people stop watching.
True.
But I'm not going to stop watching Collingwood.
They know too many football tragics hanging on watching.
Still, there is the races, I have that

yeah good point. what about interestate clubs. Anyone from the local state comp?
Interstate clubs all have either a stand alone or aligned reserves team where they could draw players from. My concern is the concept would weaken non aligned clubs. Anyone with AFL amibitions would seek to play with an aligned club, so we wouldn't have quality state league players spread across the comps.

Would be better off enlarging playing lists or having a midseason draft.

jackcass

Cancelled
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
I reckon they should be able to bring in VFL Listed Players from the Aligned Team IF there are a Few Player on the Long Term Injury List

Why should the VFL allow the best players in it's comp to be taken mid season?

yeah good point. what about interestate clubs. Anyone from the local state comp?

I would guess so. Though SA,NSW,QLD Sides have there own Reserve Team. Think WA is the Only Teams that don't have there own State League Teams

Back