List Mgmt. 2016 Draft discussion - PSD & RD Monday, Nov 28 4pm

Remove this Banner Ad

I watched the VFL grannie but no other Casey matches apart from the couple on telly, but Smith didn't appear to be playing as a tall forward.... more like Russell Robertson, taking screamer chest marks.
Bit of both from the little that I have seen. Good in the air. Basically same height as Pedo too

DemonTim

Cancelled
10k Posts The Trident - Awarded to posters who do a hell of a lot on the Dees board
Jul 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
I watched the VFL grannie but no other Casey matches apart from the couple on telly, but Smith didn't appear to be playing as a tall forward.... more like Russell Robertson, taking screamer chest marks.
Yeah, he's not really a tall forward.

DemonTim

Cancelled
10k Posts The Trident - Awarded to posters who do a hell of a lot on the Dees board
Jul 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Talk me through that!!
Obviously a backman but surely sneak down for a snag every so often!!
Only been playing for 2 full seasons mate. Played ruck for most of my first year, was good in the ruck, but didn't get a lot of the pill. Went down back late in the year and didn't have a goal kicked on me for 4/5 games.
Played full back for most of this year, i'm a good lock down defender, but rarely roam outside d50. I'm good at defending, have pace, but skills are terrible.

Only been playing for 2 full seasons mate. Played ruck for most of my first year, was good in the ruck, but didn't get a lot of the pill. Went down back late in the year and didn't have a goal kicked on me for 4/5 games.
Played full back for most of this year, i'm a good lock down defender, but rarely roam outside d50. I'm good at defending, have pace, but skills are terrible.
That's fair enough then Smithy!

But how did you find yourself with a shot on goal? From playing in the ruck? Or following your man down the ground?

DemonTim

Cancelled
Jul 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
But how did you find yourself with a shot on goal? From playing in the ruck? Or following your man down the ground?
I filled in a few games for a mates club prior to my first "actual" year of footy. They had no idea who I was or where I played, so just threw me forward. We lost by 214 points, and my point was one of our only shots on goal about 2 minutes into the game.

I filled in a few games for a mates club prior to my first "actual" year of footy. They had no idea who I was or where I played, so just threw me forward. We lost by 214 points, and my point was one of our only shots on goal about 2 minutes into the game.
Which team was it you played for out of interest and who smashed you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets

I know the feelin, played my whole junior career in the back line and my only 2 shots on goal were from push in the back free kicks when I fell over in the goal square and someone fell in me back

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
I think these picks say we wanna play finals this year
Why have 3 18 year Olds who will add nothing to the list when we have blokes who might Crack the 22 next year
2 Casey blokes is fantastic, that shows the system we are running at Casey is developing players the coaching staff believe capable of playing the Melbourne system

This. Also we were unlikely to find a Hunt-esque gem with our picks so late so I have no issue with going for some older guys.

I know the feelin, played my whole junior career in the back line and my only 2 shots on goal were from push in the back free kicks when I fell over in the goal square and someone fell in me back
You missed them both didn't you

DemonTim

Cancelled
Jul 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Get stuffed campaigners, sent em both thought the big sticks

Dunny taught you his niggling skills as well did he
That's actually the one part of the game I don't need improvement. I'm an annoying campaigner on field.

Mar 31, 2010
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Middlesbrough FC
Pretty pumped about the Casey pick ups. Having watched a few of their games live this year, if i was to pick any 2 of them it'd have been the two we picked. Smith always stood out and Keilty had a really strong run of form for most of the season. Pretty sure he won VFL player of the month at one point there too. Just solid ready-to-go pick ups.

Same with Hannan from the dogs. I saw lots of Footscray games at WO and he stood out a fair bit too. Could have been the hair I guess but I remember looking him up a few times after being impressed. I think it's the right time for us to be picking up a few players that have played and done well at VFL level and seeing if any can make the jump up. Seems pretty low risk to me. If they don't, so be it, but I reckon we've built a fairly solid young list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back