Video Highlights The Melbourne Replay Archive

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay everything done, asides from 2007 which is all over the place everything is up. I will keep hunting for 2007 links but at this point it looks like a lot don't exist. But anyways Enjoy!

I know that it's for posterity...but the thought of watching those 2013 games...ugh
Like Cannon82 said, i probably should put a disclaimer on that season. The last quarter of round 4 is the only thing worth watching, and even that is ruined by shots of Neeld in the coaches box and Clark on the bench

Apr 14, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Lakers,Chelsea F.C.
Okay everything done, asides from 2007 which is all over the place everything is up. I will keep hunting for 2007 links but at this point it looks like a lot don't exist. But anyways Enjoy!

wouldn't be to many that actively want to watch any of our games from that period anyway. ha

jhong

Old man yelling at clouds
Apr 18, 2011
Wonthaggi
AFL Club
Melbourne
It should be noted that pre the AFL not all games would have been televised . Our 1987 finals series , apart from the prelim , was spine tingling stuff , the sort of football that attracted huge crowds for us in the finals . Will never get tired of watching the first 2 finals , against North and the Swans .Its time to write the next chapter in our history .

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I know that it's for posterity...but the thought of watching those 2013 games...ugh
I might wait until we win a premiership then get drunk and watch them - but the thing is, and this is the clever bit, that I'll be watching and all, but I will fully know that I'm only watching them ironically.

Ha!

Update, not exactly "melbourne" the team, but you can find replays of State of Origin matches that feature Melbourne players now in the main post, underneath "found on yourtube"

There's is also a small section underneath that for Rare footage

Dec 18, 2002
demonwiki.org
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon, Atlanta Braves
Watched the first quarter of the game against north, was a good reminder how great a player Stynes was. He just dominates.

I need to watch it again without the Jako :heartribbon: goggles on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1990 Round 22 vs Hawthorn has been added

Also added is 1997 vs the dogs (highlights shown during fox footy's history month) and round 8 1994 vs the dogs

I'm also moving State of Origin matches off the front page so it's not so cluttered dumping it below. I also thought of adding women's football to the front page too, but with a competition up and going i figured it best to just post it separately.

Also i wondering on thoughts for what i should do when the actually season rolls around? Should i keep the same format and group the games in a single post for the year and just notify when the links become available? or just post them as they come? Feedback would be appreciated as i'm in two minds

Last edited:
State of Origin Featuring Melbourne listed players
1980 State of Origin SA vs Vic [Vic: Robert Flower]
1983 State of Origin SA vs Vic [Vic: Robert Flower]
1986 State of Origin SA vs Vic [Vic: Gerald Healy]
1987 State of Origin SA vs Vic [SA: Hughes and Stretch]
1987 State of Origin WA vs Vic [SA: Hughes and Stretch]
1988 State of Origin SA vs NSW [SA: Hughes and Stretch]
1988 State of Origin SA vs Vic [Vic: Gerald Healy] [SA: Hughes and Stretch]
1989 State of Origin Vic vs SA [Vic: Greg Healy, Lovett, Lyon, Newport and Stynes] [SA: Hughes and Stretch]
1990 State of Origin WA vs SA [WA: Bennett and Spalding]
1990 State of Origin WA vs SA [WA: Bennett and Spalding] [S Febey, Lovett, Lyon and Stynes]
1991 State of Origin WA vs SA [SA: Viney] [WA: Jakovich and Spalding]
1992 State of Origin SA vs Vic [Vic: Lyon and Stynes] [SA: Obst]
1993 State of Origin SA vs Vic [Vic: Lovett, Lyon and Stynes] [SA: Obst]
1993 State of Origin Tas vs NT/QLD [Tas: Lovel, M Febey and S Febey] (Mathew takes a great mark, check description for the time)
1994 State of Origin SA vs Vic [Vic: Lyon, Neitz, Stynes and Tingay] [SA: Viney]
1995 State of Origin Vic vs SA [Vic: Lyon, Neitz and Stynes] [SA:Viney]
1997 State of Origin SA vs Vic [SA: Viney]
1999 State of Origin Vic vs SA [Vic: Leoncelli and Schwarz] [SA: Viney]

darthsidusfan sorry to bother you mate but 2006 isn't working for me when I try it, tries to download a media file to my browser which is very small then doesn't play properly in the page.
Yeah, anything pre 2010 are hosted streams. The little file is the link to the stream, not the actual video itself. To watch the stream you have to click on the file and media player should open it. If media player doesn't open it, i recommend getting VLC which is a free media player that's great for handling all sorts of things (i'd recommend it regardless tbh)

03 to early 07 aren't great quality as i mentioned, but watchable. All this stuff was hosted on the AFL website, older streams look poorer pretty much because that was the internet at the time

Also i wondering on thoughts for what i should do when the actually season rolls around? Should i keep the same format and group the games in a single post for the year and just notify when the links become available? or just post them as they come? Feedback would be appreciated as i'm in two minds
Single post for the season and then update as you go.

Also think the Womens deserves its own thread.

Single post for the season and then update as you go.

Also think the Womens deserves its own thread.
Sounds alright, i'll group it all together and then just post updates when the links are filled in, but in the update i'll include the link too for those who don't want to scroll back. So doing both, i've decided.

Although i'd much prefer to actually keeps the women's stuff here. it's the 'Melbourne' replay archive and they're melbourne so i don't see the need to separate them. It'll be easier to track too as they now have a season format now. Although i feel their links will be harder to find as they're not under the AFL websites current structure

Tempy Tiger

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2006
AFL Club
Melbourne
Thanks for putting this together darthsidusfan, it is great having every game in one spot. Will be nice to go and watch a good win after we drop games. Free therapy :)

AFLW Season 2017
Round 1 - [1ST] [2ND] [3RD] [4TH] - Melbourne vs Brisbane
Round 2 - [1ST] [2ND] [3RD] [4TH] - Collingwood vs Melbourne (YouTube)
Round 3 - [1ST] [2ND] [3RD] [4TH] - Western Bulldogs vs Melbourne
Round 4 - [1ST] [2ND] [3RD] [4TH] - Melbourne vs Carlton
Round 5 - [1ST] [2ND] [3RD] [4TH] - Greater Western Sydney vs Melbourne
Round 6 - [1ST] [2ND] [3RD] [4TH] - Adelaide vs Melbourne
Round 7 - [1ST] [2ND] [3RD] [4TH] - Melbourne vs Fremantle
AFLW State of Origin Victoria vs Allies

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back