Welcome Welcome National Draft Pick #44 - Myles Poholke

Remove this Banner Ad

Leadership has to be the most overrated quality. Any club or organisation really only needs a couple of good ones.
Can't really see where it says Poholke is a definite leader at this stage? Hamish did say that he passed the 'good bloke test', but I'd say that's different to leadership.

I think Myles might be taller than what the stats say, he and Charlie Cameron are apparently the same height yet in the video on the clubs website when he meet Charlie, Myles is clearly taller. Of course Charlie could be shorter than he's listed at but Seed is standing near them (who stands at 190cm), and there's not much difference between them. Reckon he's closer to 187-ish cm.
I agree. I also saw a photo from earlier in the year of Poholke next to Dangerfield. They looked the same size.

He sounded pretty confident on the radio compared to Jarman who was quite nervous.

Both kids sounded pretty enthusiastic though. The SANFL side should be a bit better to watch with fewer players just going through the motions (Lowden, Henderson, etc).

Probably will help to have a small forward to even out the four ruckman in the goal square to.

Leadership has to be the most overrated quality. Any club or organisation really only needs a couple of good ones.
Disagree with this a little, leadership is not necessarily about being the focus for the rest of your team, it's also about taking responsibility for your actions and being inspiring to you peers in tough spots. It's amazing what a calm presence can do to others in a tough situation, doesn't mean he is in charge.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Gallucci and Poholke, among the five teenagers selected by the Crows at the national draft, hope to eventually form a dynamic one-two midfield punch.

“We’ve probably known each other for 12-18 months now and it’s a massive positive to be able to share the journey with him,” said Poholke, a Port Adelaide supporter who dreamt the night before the draft that he would be picked by Adelaide.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...e/news-story/8834ae3816ed6b5d683b281a93190981

that is very odd a Victorian growing up been a port power supporter.

Very odd. Especially as they don't even show the pregame on tv.

"Leadership" doesn't just mean they can lead people. It also means they're able to self-motivate, have strong discipline, are mature, etc.

It's a very positive trait to have, assuming it doesn't come at the expense of footballing ability.

Can't really see where it says Poholke is a definite leader at this stage? Hamish did say that he passed the 'good bloke test', but I'd say that's different to leadership.

Disagree with this a little, leadership is not necessarily about being the focus for the rest of your team, it's also about taking responsibility for your actions and being inspiring to you peers in tough spots. It's amazing what a calm presence can do to others in a tough situation, doesn't mean he is in charge.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

"Leadership" doesn't just mean they can lead people. It also means they're able to self-motivate, have strong discipline, are mature, etc.

It's a very positive trait to have, assuming it doesn't come at the expense of footballing ability.
Some very good examples of Leadership qualities. I also think Danger in Texas made a very good comment about ''good blokes''.

Jetwa5h gave a great example of group presence. The ability to calmly think through a difficult situation. It doesn't necessarily mean you will be put in charge of the group , but what happens , and in cmndstab quote we see a further extension of this is that by your own actions you can influence a group to move in a positive direction. ( of course this can also occur negatively)

When someone says '' we recruit good blokes'' it means that we see these traits of self-motivation, making the right( positive) choices, calmly thinking through a process, having strong discipline ; which is the ability to make good choices combined with the strength to reject negative influences.

Its not about being robotic and not having a drink or attending functions or nights out, its knowing not to have that 3rd drink, its knowing not to jump in a car after, its mostly about making every effort to maximize your career. Someone ( might have been cmndstab ) talked about the pyramid of successful players. To be a 200 game player requires all the above, and that's without having the pressure of Captaincy or Leadership thrust on someone early.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those things are to do with yourself, not others. Leadership is about your effect in others. Also, they are qualities you want in all your players, so if you're calling those things leadership then you really want a squad of 44 leaders which makes it meaningless.

Gary Ablett by all reports has those qualities in spades, and it is part of why he's a champion. But he's not a leader, and anywhere but Gold Coast that wouldn't be a problem.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back