Food/Supplements Meals and Recipes Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm currently looking for and experimenting with a keto pancake recipe.

They'll most probably be a little bland but I'm going to top them with a chocolate ganache that is seriously hnng

Not keto but I have a sweet recipe which I use often.
Bunch of oats in a bowl add warm water and leave till all of it is absorbed by the oats and it's all nice a moist. Add in a really good splash of cinnamon. Add a good dose of olive oil. Add in as many eggs as you want( I tend to use 6-8 for protein) chuck in a greased pan (found butter is best) whatever size cakes you want on low heat till cooked through and nice and crispy outsides. Could trade cinnamon for blueberries banana or whatever. I used to make with protein powder but heat damages the protein so I don't recommend

Not keto but I have a sweet recipe which I use often.
Bunch of oats in a bowl add warm water and leave till all of it is absorbed by the oats and it's all nice a moist. Add in a really good splash of cinnamon. Add a good dose of olive oil. Add in as many eggs as you want( I tend to use 6-8 for protein) chuck in a greased pan (found butter is best) whatever size cakes you want on low heat till cooked through and nice and crispy outsides. Could trade cinnamon for blueberries banana or whatever. I used to make with protein powder but heat damages the protein so I don't recommend
This is how my keto pancakes ended up

http://thefitpublican.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/keto-pancakes-with-dark-chocolate.html

517 Calories
Fat 37g (64%)
Protein 38g (30%)
Carbs 8g (6%)

Another good recipe I like to use on a daily basis is:

Finely chopped onion, spinach, zucchini, tomato, mushrooms and capsicum. Cook in fry pan for a couple mins add in all purpose seasoning, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Throw in 4-12 eggs depending on how many veg / how much stuff you want to make. Mix the eggs in pan through vegies till cooked. It's an awesome scrambled egg type dish. Bacon can be added if your a fan.

Love it.

10906641_923181344361778_1820477570_o.jpg

showdownhero this is my version of your chilli beef dish. I try eat a heap of veggies each meal so I've added broccoli, capsicum, mushroom and carrot. And bacon - everything is better with bacon.

The first couple of times I made it I put way too much of the chilli spices in, but I think I nailed the balance last night.

e7b60729-597a-4cde-8889-c36227ac0697_zps514oamwd.jpg

So KFC has brought back my favourite fast food of all time - the double burger! Rather than succumb (repeatedly) I decided to have a crack at making my own.

Chicken breast bun with bacon, egg and cheese filling.

30aa3ad5-21d1-4e03-956e-b3bebbe2f2ea_zpsm03j4jmy.jpg

A very cool and mega tasty pretend KFC recipe

2 tablespoons salt
1 tablespoons black peppercorns
1.5 tablespoons dried onion flakes
1 tablespoon dried garlic granules
1 tablespoon dried rosemary
1/2 tablespoon dried basil
1/2 tablespoon paprika
1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
1/2 tablespoon yellow mustard seeds
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried tarragon
350 grams tapioca/arrowroot flour, Blitz it all up!

2 tablespoons salt
1/2 tablespoon paprika
1 teaspoon dried thyme

Nice, I'll have a crack at using that next time. The filling in my double was delicious, but the chicken was a little bland even with the seasoning I put on.

Also with chicken i cut it into nice inch to two inch bits..in a bowl...olive oil...then add salt cracked pepper. ...chives...parsley...a little smoked paprika and heaps of morican seasoning. ...plus chilli flakes.
2kilo worth lasts me the week at work for 150 gram snacks between meals

gonna try yiros seasoning in todays batch for something diff

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 tablespoons salt
1/2 tablespoon paprika
1 teaspoon dried thyme

Mother of god, this is delicious!

And the tub I made will last me months too. I'm never cooking chicken again without coating with this first!

2 tablespoons salt
1/2 tablespoon paprika
1 teaspoon dried thyme
Gonna try this with almond flour for a low carb alternative

Also with chicken i cut it into nice inch to two inch bits..in a bowl...olive oil...then add salt cracked pepper. ...chives...parsley...a little smoked paprika and heaps of morican seasoning. ...plus chilli flakes.
2kilo worth lasts me the week at work for 150 gram snacks between meals

gonna try yiros seasoning in todays batch for something diff

Yummy! I would try to do this! I became learning to cook cos my mum give me the multicooker for the Christmas and told me that I must do something with my daily nutrition. Just food and hamburgers, that's not a meal :)
I suppose it's possible to try this recipe in multicooker.
I've done recently chicken nuggets and they were awesome! Just chicken filet, eggs, breadcrumbs and spices. Very simple recipe, I read in my cooking book, that had come with my multicooker, it was taken from here.
I'm trying to push the boundaries ;)

Last edited:
So mrs makes this soup today and its, you know...just liquid and chunk
It consisted of: veg stock, kale, beans, broccoli, peas, celery, cabbage, spinach and heaps of cracked paper and a bit of water to dilute saltiness of the stock

Get that Nutra bullet thing out
Scoop it all in whizz whizz
Awesome green colour
Tastes ******* great

All natural apart from whatever is in coles veg stock

Just experimenting with pickled carrot vietnamese style

Brine made of

200ml water
10g Sugar
7g Salt
20ml Rice Wine Vinegar

I used a spiraliser to cut up the carrot so it will be quite thin and I imagine should be done fairly quickly. The recipe calls for 3 days of pickling but I think mine will be done in 2 max

Remove this Banner Ad

Back