Gold Coast SUNS guernsey discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't St Kilda just sign with them like a week or two ago? Why would BLK sign on with them if they knew they were so close to going into administration?

You would think other brands would be licking their lips. Could get some pretty cheap deals if clubs are looking to back out before the season starts.

Regarding the Guernsey design, I don't think we will look to change, besides our clash perhaps? I didn't mind the clash jumper from 2 years ago with the yellow curve, but thats just my opinion. Or bring back the wave! (and get it right this time).

Fiat and now BLK , off field not looking healthy , really need to replace Fiat as main sponsor cant go into next season without a sponsor.
Well Fiats deal ended and BLK have gone into Administration. Has nothing to do with us other than the fact Fiat didnt want to re sign
but that could have been a number of different reasons.

Interesting...

The tele saying this today:

Cash strapped Brisbane Lions are still owed about $10,000 from 2016’s deal with BLK and must find a sponsor to replace the $150,000 in cash as well as the playing, training gear and merchandise owed for 2017.

The Suns’ have been paid for 2016 but are waiting on training gear and playing strips and have a two-year $400,000 deal at stake.

Both clubs said they had been canvassed by several companies looking to replace BLK and were hopeful 2017’s bottom line would not be affected.

BLK are the major sponsor of the QAFL competition and also sponsor AFL Queensland’s Q Schools Cup.

So Richmond managed to dump BLK quickly for puma, wonder what we can lock in.
Surely if the Tigers can bring their new Puma sponsorship forward 2yrs because of the BLK disaster..We have to as well. Clearly BLK cannot produce any apparel at all if Richmond did this. Cannot wear 2016 jumpers either..FIAT are gone!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys, I was mucking around with the whole Suns rebrand idea and came up with this. My main area of discontent is that it does not really scream 'AFL', but on reflection not that many logos actually do.
Gold Coast Logo.png

I like it but no Red........our colours are red yellow blue......
Yeah, I realise that. I'm not sold on red as a dominant colour for Gold Coast; I just think that the 'brand' would be more distinctive if it made use of the colours featured in my logo.

Yeah, I realise that. I'm not sold on red as a dominant colour for Gold Coast; I just think that the 'brand' would be more distinctive if it made use of the colours featured in my logo.
The red has to stay it's a SLSC thing which is a GC icon. I'm not saying it doesn't need work, l think the current strip is terrible. I saw some excellent old style Essendon and South Melbourne strips in GC colours a few months back which were excellent.

The red has to stay it's a SLSC thing which is a GC icon. I'm not saying it doesn't need work, l think the current strip is terrible. I saw some excellent old style Essendon and South Melbourne strips in GC colours a few months back which were excellent.
I see your point, and I guess local/locale identity is crucial to building a strong club culture. How about this as an adjustment?
Red Suns Logo.png

What we really need is a stronger strip (both home & away) that people immediately associate with our club.

One part of our current strip that I really like, are the side panels and the panel behind the collar. I know they're not uniquely Gold Coast, but the contrast between red and yellow really make them stand out. The issue I have with our jumper is the front is a bit plain.

I don't have much photoshop experience, so I can only use my imagination. But I'd like to see what our jumper would like with the logo removed and a yellow chevron added. Similar style to the second jumper below (with the chevron positioning of the third jumper if I'm going to be fussy). Maybe even with a thin blue strip along the edge of the chevron like we do on our socks - if it's subtle enough and looks good.

The chevron would be different enough to differentiate itself from other Chevron jumpers in the league, and also give a small nod to Southport and the 'Carrara Bears'. While the yellow side panels and neck panel give it that signature Gold Coast feeling.

HOF_Guernsey_Vote2-hero.jpg

What we really need is a stronger strip (both home & away) that people immediately associate with our club.

One part of our current strip that I really like, are the side panels and the panel behind the collar. I know they're not uniquely Gold Coast, but the contrast between red and yellow really make them stand out. The issue I have with our jumper is the front is a bit plain.

I don't have much photoshop experience, so I can only use my imagination. But I'd like to see what our jumper would like with the logo removed and a yellow chevron added. Similar style to the second jumper below (with the chevron positioning of the third jumper if I'm going to be fussy). Maybe even with a thin blue strip along the edge of the chevron like we do on our socks - if it's subtle enough and looks good.

The chevron would be different enough to differentiate itself from other Chevron jumpers in the league, and also give a small nod to Southport and the 'Carrara Bears'. While the yellow side panels and neck panel give it that signature Gold Coast feeling.

HOF_Guernsey_Vote2-hero.jpg
I have to disagree with anything involving chevrons. I know that only Port and Freo in the AFL use them, but I feel that every second-tier or local club I see has taken their colours and made a 'traditional' guernsey by slapping them in a big ol' V. Gold Coast have a unique heritage, and they should draw on that, not jump on a design bandwagon.

Ok..BLK clearly are done..1. Richmond started with Puma 12 months early 2. Gold Coast Titans have signed a new Apparel Sponsor. 3. Was told be the club there would be an announcement in the next couple of weeks regarding Apparel

Ok..BLK clearly are done..1. Richmond started with Puma 12 months early 2. Gold Coast Titans have signed a new Apparel Sponsor. 3. Was told be the club there would be an announcement in the next couple of weeks regarding Apparel

Maybe this is why they are holding back on revealing draftee numbers - tie it into presenting the new apparel deal announcement.

If it isn't revealed tomorrow night then that has to be the reason to delay the announcement for this long.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back