Player Sponsorship 2017 Player Sponsor Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys,

That time of year again where we need to get expressions of interest to work out what we will be able to afford this year.

The last couple of years we've been able to include 2 season tickets in the locker room which has been pretty popular.

Are we still happy to go with the player sponsor + locker room package in 2017?

As usual we'd be looking for pledges around $200. The club is working on a package for as now so should come back in the next few days with what it might cost.

I'll be chucking in $200 again, BigFooty chucks in $200 as well.

EDIT: We've currenetly got $803.26 still in the account as well so we've got a good base to start from this year.

Last edited:

$200 a big jump from $120...

I kinda new here. Can someone explain it a little more?

So for the last 6 years we've contributed money to the PAFC to become a player sponsor. So it's usually around the $5-6k mark and with that we've gotten a player sponsorship as well as 2 tickets to the Locker Room. The locker room is a corporate facility where you can see the players get ready in the rooms pre game as well as drinks, food etc. Along with this you usually get a signed guernsey, a signed player photo, a couple of meet n greets with the player and a few other things.

We've had John Butcher, Jarrad Redden, Matt Broadbent, Brendon AhChee, Nathan Krakouer and Riley Bonner as our player sponsors so far. From memory we've contributed over $30k to the club in that time.

Ok cool, do we get to vote for who who the player is?

It depends on how it's done. In some years, the person that goes to the player sponsor event gets to 'pull the name out of a hat' so its a random draw. In other years, its been dependent on how much money we've had, as often the players are ranked in tiers so we get to choose from a player in a tier that we can afford.

From memory we hand picked Butcher and Bonner. The others came from the random draw.

We hand picked Broadbent in 2013, either Sog35 or I pulled it out of the box of envelopes with the name inside, on the night at Alberton. Butcher in 2012 I reckon we requested him, as we did a combo player/captain's club package and either we were allowed to pick our player or we were given a list of a few names and the contributors voted for Butch. I can't remember what happened in 2014 and 2015.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back