Very early in development.​

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens
Let’s cut to the chase. The sequel to The Last of Us is happening. It’s called The Last of Us Part II and here is the just released announcement trailer (coming soon to this post).

I can’t tell you how satisfying it is to finally be able to say that Ellie and Joel are back for another intense, harrowing, and emotional adventure. Like many of you, we have a deep love for the world of The Last of Us and its characters, and while a sequel may have seemed like a foregone conclusion, it wasn’t the case. We knew that it needed to be a story worth telling and, perhaps more importantly, a story worthy of Joel and Ellie. After spending years on different ideas (and almost giving up), we finally uncovered a story that felt special—a story that evolved into an epic journey.

It’s still early days for the project–the game’s release is a ways off–but we couldn’t wait any longer to give you a glimpse of what’s to come. We’re going to let the trailer speak for itself, but expect more information about The Last of Us Part II in the coming months

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...id=805132018501586944&adbpl=tw&adbpr=36969785

twuc8ijebczyye1mliiv.gif

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
ND have said it's a story about Ellie and Joel, I wouldn't like it if he was just in cut-scenes.
Still could be a playable character if Ellie is battling PTSD ect, also provide a reason why (assuming you play mainly as Joel) you still do all the heavy lifting despite Ellie's growth from the first game. Speculation is fun.

Never showed Joel's face
Joel first appeared as a shadow walking through light.
Trailer seemed heavily Ellie focused
Ellie's delayed acknowledgement of Joel at the door

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Stanford
I cant wait. and with the PS4 they can now use infected and hunters at the same time when ever they want. which for memory issues they couldnt on the PS3, other then the end of Left behind because it was its own code.

I dont think it will come out till 2018/19.

But love that Ashley and Troy are back for Ellie and Joel.

And Gustavo Santaolalla back to do the score is just as big.

Last edited:
Back