Event Sweet F.A Players Association - beez Trophy - Blacky's Rank pg. 20

Jul 18, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton, Mount Buller Demons
Season 22
umZKUqu.png

Over the 22 seasons that the Sweet F.A has been in operation for there has been a plethora of media awards with the sole aim of finding out who was the best poster in any given season. With the current limit of 25 players being able to be listed in a teams squad submission at the start of a season, that's 300 potential posters walking through the league each season. With that amount of posters each season, it certainly makes the job of determining who the best poster in the league is very difficult. In an effort to determine the best poster in Season 22 and future seasons, this award is making a come back.

FFbhtn8.png

In Season 15, Nakia, who was at the time named MD introduced to the league what is arguably the best attempt at an MVP award ever to grace the league. The award was introduced to determine who was the best poster in the league for that season in a fair way. Each player who was included in the Top 20 best posters that season would receive an incredible, well thought out and comprehensive review of their season off-field.

The inaugural award given out in Season 15 and was received by Baghdad Bombers captain and veteran superstar of the Sweet F.A, beez, who narrowly edged out Mount Buller Demons veteran, Eth, 366 points to 353. The award would then be named after beez. Seven seasons on and beez is expected to rank highly again this season as he continues to show us all why he was the first recipient of the award.

You can click here to look over his comprehensive Season 15 review.

Season 17 would be the next time the award would be voted on by the players. The Filth Wizard would walk away victorious as the beez Trophy winner that season with a massive 610 ranking points. It was the early days for The Filth Wizard, who at the time was only a co-captain at the Dragons FFC. He has continued his fantastic work of Season 17 all the way into Season 22 where he sits at the head of the Sweet F.A table as Administrator of the league.

You can click here to look over his comprehensive Season 17 review.

Looking to go back-to-back in Season 18, The Filth Wizard would be edged out by then Gold City Royals captain, Marlowe who was a media master all season long and a joy to watch in match threads. Marlowe would be crowned the victor with 885 points.

You can click here to look over his comprehensive Season 18 review.

The revival of this award is not to be just for one season only. After lengthy discussions with the Administrator of the league, there will be a push to have this award become official pending a successful first run.

Each season the league issues a medal to the best first season poster, but funnily enough, not the best poster of the season. Why you ask? Good question. If there is place for an EKA, there is place for this.

A suggestion by okeydoke7 is that this award should have posters ranked 4-20 reviewed in a separate thread and the top 3 revealed on Mobbs Medal night where the winner is presented their award
alqstOG.png
(?). I'm committed to doing this for the first few seasons, and hopefully with the backing of the current, and future Administrators it continues on.

All thoughts and ideas are very much welcome. People putting their hand up to help with write ups is also very much welcome.

iEvXgH9.png

The original voting system was based on people being hand selected to submit votes of their top 20 ranked players, however after a review, this season the voting will be open to anyone in the league to ensure it truly is a player voted award and that everyone can get involved and have a say.

Some people will receive a PM within the next few days, just to ensure there is what would be considered 'enough interest,' but everyone is welcome to vote.

Voting process:

• Submit a list of players from 1. to 20. via Private Message to Hate that you determine as your best 20 posters of Season 22.
  • 1. being the highest, 20. being the lowest ranked player.
  • Each ranking has an assigned value of 'points' - 1. being 40 points and 20. being 1 point.
A few points that are to be stressed:
  • This award is not the most 'popular' poster award
  • Take away any issues you have with people, try not to gravitate towards those you 'like'
  • Quality is determined multiple ways - Sweet F.A and sim related content, match thread posting etc
VOTING DEADLINE -

SUBMIT BY: Monday 12, December.

*Thanks to Andonis1997 for being a legend as always and creating the logo up top

Season 22 RANKINGS:

#1 - Ant Bear - 898
#2 - dennis crumpet - 766
#3 - Blacky - 700
#4 - Hate - 689
#5 - Wooshette - 685

#6 - beez - 642
#7 - The Filth Wizard - 620
#8 - Cloud_ - 570
#9 - Van_Dyke - 552
#10 - Frankston Rover - 545
#11 - brahj - 526
#12 - BigJoeD_ - 400
#13 - Far Kern - 351

#14 - Millky95 - 346
#15 - DapperJong - 345
#16 - HaroLad - 329
#17 - KohPhi - 319
#18 - Quivorir - 317
#19 - fitzroybowiedog - 315
#20 - Sterge - 298

Sweet F.A Players Association - beez Trophy - Ranks 21-87

Code:
21    Matera92                289
22    pantskyle               283
23    RodneyDangerfield       275
24    Willo_                  274
25    tgrs                    260
26    Golumless               228
27    spookism                227
28    Footypie32              118
29    cammo6556               112
30    _Cayz_                  109
31    ClarkeM                 107
32    Oddhawk                 105
33    Wacky Tiger             103
34    Marlowe                  80
35    Mr Eagle                 79
36    VSTone                   76
37    Smartys Power            75
38    haydo169                 73
39    cats2rise                66
40    Thatsapaddlin            63
41    Mooch                    61
42    iBeng                    58
43    Loonerty                 55
44    LicoriceAllsorts         54
44    akkaps                   54
46    A Swallow                53
47    WFL                      52
48    SM                       51
49    BRAB                     50
50    Freofalcon               47
51    Helen Wheels             46
52    DemonJim                 45
53    I Dont Care              44
53    miggs                    44
55    JT_the_Man               35
56    okeydoke7                33
57    Nakia                    31
57    Andonis1997              31
59    Red mist                 30
60    Biggie                   27
60    Danoz                    27
62    RU_                      25
62    Hoooops                  25
64    Gray Day                 23
65    tigland                  21
65    Determinant              21
67    A Bit High               19
68    Brown Bottle             17
69    Ljp86                    16
70    BoshtrichBurger          15
71    zackah                   13
71    roo2macca                13
73    footy_fumbler            12
74    Itsmyshow                11
75    J Shuttlesworth           9
75    3KZ is Football           9
77    SpaceClef                 5
77    RookieListed              5
77    Hatchy1992                5
80    Mobbenfuhrer              4
80    sante                     4
82    Tarkyn_24                 3
82    Bet on Blue               3
82    Tayl0r                    3
82    Kabanna                   3
82    cooney                    3
87    burningdwarf              1
87    toxic                     1
87    Fred                      1
87    AmericanCrow              1
87    candiehappy               1
87    craffles                  1

Sweet F.A Players Association - beez Trophy - Overall Vote Tally (S15, S17, S18, S22)

Last edited:
A suggestion by okeydoke7 is that this award should have posters ranked 4-20 reviewed in a separate thread and the top 3 revealed on Mobbs Medal night where they are presented their award
alqstOG.png
(?). I'm committed to doing this for the first few seasons, and hopefully with the backing of the current, and future Administrators it continues on.
The former Administrator who is still very much a part of the league establishment has stolen my idea for league endorsed media/posting awards.

Are we really going to allow these cucks to blatantly steal our intellectual property and then go on to claim it as their own?

I've had enough of the boys club circle jerk, and so has half the league. Unfortunately, with the current system we have in place, the establishment is able to ensure that only boys club members are able to be placed into any position of power.

The dictatorship will carry on, and we can't do anything about it.

The former Administrator who is still very much a part of the league establishment has stolen my idea for league endorsed media/posting awards.

Are we really going to allow these cucks to blatantly steal our intellectual property and then go on to claim it as their own?

I've had enough of the boys club circle jerk, and so has half the league. Unfortunately, with the current system we have in place, the establishment is able to ensure that only boys club members are able to be placed into any position of power.

The dictatorship will carry on, and we can't do anything about it.
I know this is tongue in cheek but

A) It wasn't your idea. People have suggested it in different ways for the best part of 10 seasons.

B) I'm most certainly not part of the league establishment anymore. I got out of there and have made no attempts to stay "in" with the boys club after their calamitous treatment of me.

C) These awards will be great, well done Hate

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
One of the seasons Frankston Rover started another thread and completed it in that.
Poor research on my part, I'll have a look today and update the OP

This is correct, the top three were Marlowe, myself and FR IIRC. Season 18.

Correct.

There's been 3 instalments.

Marlowe, yourself and beez being the winners.

Jul 18, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Correct.

There's been 3 instalments.

Marlowe, yourself and beez being the winners.
Ah, that rings a bell actually. S18 was my first season, not sure why it didn't click as that would have been when I first saw the award. Cheers for that

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Jul 18, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
OP updated accordingly. I saw a bit of discussion that I'll read later about it being a badged award. It'll be interesting to see if anyones opinions differ from back then.

And now that there is a badge, I'm more than happy to retroactively award the previous winners :)

Mar 6, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Boston Bruins, New York Giants
Season 22
umZKUqu.png

Over the 22 seasons that the Sweet F.A has been in operation for there has been a plethora of media awards with the sole aim of finding out who was the best poster in any given season. With the current limit of 25 players being able to be listed in a teams squad submission at the start of a season, that's 300 potential posters walking through the league each season. With that amount of posters each season, it certainly makes the job of determining who the best poster in the league is very difficult. In an effort to determine the best poster in Season 22 and future seasons, this award is making a come back.

FFbhtn8.png

In Season 15, Nakia, who was at the time named MD introduced to the league what is arguably the best attempt at an MVP award ever to grace the league. The award was introduced to determine who was the best poster in the league for that season in a fair way. Each player who was included in the Top 20 best posters that season would receive an incredible, well thought out and comprehensive review of their season off-field.

The inaugural award given out in Season 15 and was received by Baghdad Bombers captain and veteran superstar of the Sweet F.A, beez, who narrowly edged out Mount Buller Demons veteran, Eth, 366 points to 353. The award would then be named after beez. Seven seasons on and beez is expected to rank highly again this season as he continues to show us all why he was the first recipient of the award.

You can click here to look over his comprehensive Season 15 review.

Season 17 would be the next time the award would be voted on by the players. The Filth Wizard would walk away victorious as the beez Trophy winner that season with a massive 610 ranking points. It was the early days for The Filth Wizard, who at the time was only a co-captain at the Dragons FFC. He has continued his fantastic work of Season 17 all the way into Season 22 where he sits at the head of the Sweet F.A table as Administrator of the league.

You can click here to look over his comprehensive Season 17 review.

Looking to go back-to-back in Season 18, The Filth Wizard would be edged out by then Gold City Royals captain, Marlowe who was a media master all season long and a joy to watch in match threads. Marlowe would be crowned the victor with 885 points.

You can click here to look over his comprehensive Season 18 review.

The revival of this award is not to be just for one season only. After lengthy discussions with the Administrator of the league, there will be a push to have this award become official pending a successful first run.

Each season the league issues a medal to the best first season poster, but funnily enough, not the best poster of the season. Why you ask? Good question. If there is place for an EKA, there is place for this.

A suggestion by okeydoke7 is that this award should have posters ranked 4-20 reviewed in a separate thread and the top 3 revealed on Mobbs Medal night where the winner is presented their award
alqstOG.png

All thoughts and ideas are very much welcome. People putting their hand up to help with write ups is also very much welcome.

iEvXgH9.png

The original voting system was based on people being hand selected to submit votes of their top 20 ranked players, however after a review, this season the voting will be open to anyone in the league to ensure it truly is a player voted award and that everyone can get involved and have a say.

Some people will receive a PM within the next few days, just to ensure there is what would be considered 'enough interest,' but everyone is welcome to vote.

Voting process:

• Submit a list of players from 1. to 20. via Private Message to Hate that you determine as your best 20 posters of Season 22.
  • 1. being the highest, 20. being the lowest ranked player.
  • Each ranking has an assigned value of 'points' - 1. being 40 points and 20. being 1 point.
A few points that are to be stressed:
  • This award is not the most 'popular' poster award
  • Take away any issues you have with people, try not to gravitate towards those you 'like'
  • Quality is determined multiple ways - Sweet F.A and sim related content, match thread posting etc
VOTING DEADLINE -

SUBMIT BY: Monday 12, December.

*Thanks to Andonis1997 for being a legend as always and creating the logo up top

in b4 this turns into a most popular poster award

Mar 6, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
in b4 this turns into a most popular poster award

Further to this, with my SH on, I think this should actually be a most popular poster award. We have one for posters in their first season, but nothing for anyone else. The sim awards the best statistical player of the season with the Mobbs, as does the committee with the TFLUA Tiger medal.

Further to this, with my SH on, I think this should actually be a most popular poster award. We have one for posters in their first season, but nothing for anyone else. The sim awards the best statistical player of the season with the Mobbs, as does the committee with the TFLUA Tiger medal.
We should have categories.
Like you know, best poster with the letters say.... ok say. . Rodn. At the start of their name.
Stuff like that.

Mar 6, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
We should have categories.
Like you know, best poster with the letters say.... ok say. . Rodn. At the start of their name.
Stuff like that.

*removes RodneyDangerfield from top 20*

*removes RodneyDangerfield from top 20*
It doesn't matter to me. I'm new age and am a convert to the modern day practice where everyone gets a prize.
-best poster whose last letter is j.
-best poster who name starts with Q and post official team threads.
-best poster who might used to have been named after a frog but now is named after some bread with holes in it.
-best poster who is named after a Geelong indigenous footballer who also may or may not have a bird in his second name.
-best poster named after somebody who can cast spells and is also dirty.
-best poster who is named after a Korean leader.
-best poster who's name rhymes with Drab.
I could go on...
Give me a few days and everyone will have an award.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
It doesn't matter to me. I'm new age and am a convert to the modern day practice where everyone gets a prize.
-best poster whose last letter is j.
-best poster who name starts with Q and post official team threads.
-best poster who might used to have been named after a frog but now is named after some bread with holes in it.
-best poster who is named after a Geelong indigenous footballer who also may or may not have a bird in his second name.
-best poster named after somebody who can cast spells and is also dirty.
-best poster who is named after a Korean leader.
-best poster who's name rhymes with Drab.
I cold go on...
Give me a few days and everyone will have an award.

I'm going to put you into my nominations.

This is actually awesome..
Best poster who is a very small person on fire, best poster without a vowel in their name...
I need my own awards night I think.

Back