Radio Weird Sen/talkback callers

Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Marcus is off his face, sounds like he's dropped a couple of bottles of whiskey before ringing in and pretends to be sober.

Don't understand Dave's issue, but he is very sour and I agree with you.

Cooney is probably a great guy and a hard worker, but he is also the worst radio host I've ever heard.

Is the Marcus the guy who drones on and on about Freo?

Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray

Thought so. Tried to get a conversation going about the Perth Scorchers the other night and wondered why the Four Diegos were concentrating on Victory over Perth Glory.

Um, it's a Melbourne based radio station champ.

Has a weird accent as well. Kind slips into a bit of cockney every now and then.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Chris from Camberwell. The king of asking inane questions and giving his own answer to them before letting the host(s) respond.

Today was interesting when he fired off about six questions in 30 seconds without taking a breath.
Heard him. Was classic Chris and his unique voice always sounds worried.
Great point you make, how he answers his own questions

AussieHool

Senior List
Nov 4, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Heard him. Was classic Chris and his unique voice always sounds worried.
Great point you make, how he answers his own questions

"Aaah Kevin, can you tell me what you think about Melbourne's 3rd pick in the draft? I was hoping they'd draft another midfielder, but they've gone for a tall forward, can you tell me what you think""

"As you know I've put money into Melbourne over the years, but I've had enough now Kevin. If things don't change now, I won't be putting any more money in and neither will a lot of other people."

What about his mate; Hydraulic Jack?
Cracks me up!
Haha yeah that's great!
I'm pretty sure he's a real bloke, I remember earlier in the year I think his Mrs passed away and the blokes in the studio really felt for him.
Pretty much lives at The Royal

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Andy from Pakenham.
Not entirely sure whether he is a caricature or not

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk
Yeh, ya know what I'm sayin

I think that's just him, know what I'm sayin

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Polly from the ponds.
Hello cocky.....

Does the racing stuff on the GBU crew eg initials PL he'd say Phar Lap.
Knows some things, prepares but if they ask him further he doesn't know. A pass on his racing knowledge.

Then there's the Duke

Betty from Fitzroy

Sam from Fitzroy

BF must be travelling bad if we have a thread dedicated to weird talkback callers - Talkback is heavily vetted, so people with intelligent points of view or even alternative points of view, find it challenging to get their call on air.

Private Hudson

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
"Aaah Kevin, can you tell me what you think about Melbourne's 3rd pick in the draft? I was hoping they'd draft another midfielder, but they've gone for a tall forward, can you tell me what you think""

"As you know I've put money into Melbourne over the years, but I've had enough now Kevin. If things don't change now, I won't be putting any more money in and neither will a lot of other people."

Hahahaha spot on

Red Bull

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 29, 2010
mornington peninsula
AFL Club
Carlton
I heard Billy from West Heidelberg call 3aw late one night a few weeks ago. I haven't heard him for yonks

Billy used to nearly always be the first caller after midnight and he was pretty consistent .
As the host would run through the Tiger players , Billy would shoot back with "he's a dud" every time !!
I swear , if the host had named Royce Hart or Francis Bourke they'd have been "duds" too ...

Back