Bring in the Cows - But which teams will they come from?

Which team will provide the most Cows

• Adelaide

• Brisbane

• Carlton

• Collingwood

• Essendon

• Fremantle

• Geelong

• Gold Coast

• Giants

• Hawthorn

• Melbourne

• North Melbourne

• Port Adelaide

• Richmond

• StKilda

• Sydney

• West Coast

• Western Bulldogs

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawthorn Run Down

Trades/Free Agents:
Jaeger O'Meara ($318,900 - MID) - Annoyingly his price has increased in the offseason and is sitting at an awkward $318k.
If he plays in the NAB cup and lines up round 1 it means the medical team are 100% confident in his knee (no point taking any risk). With two of Hawthorns best midfielders going out he should average >95 and max out around the $540k area making him a lock. However, if he doesn't get up for the NAB games, he's not going anywhere near my team. WATCH AND SEE
Tom Mitchell ($565,600 - MID) - I've got a bit of a man crush on Titch, and so he was my first picked player this year. He is going to get a LOT of midfield minutes and he will likely be our highest averaging scorer for the year. I can't imagine he'll go <100 in many games, and he will pump out monster scores every few weeks. LOCK
Ty Vickery ($310,400 - FOR) - He'll play the exact same role David Hale used to play and average somewhere between 70 and 80. Important to our structure, but no good for supercoach. PASS
Ricky Henderson ($420,100 - MID/DEF)
- Just a depth player, won't average more than he's currently priced at. PASS

Draftees:
Harry Morrison ($117,300 - DEF) - The only draftee of any relevance. It's obvious that the Hawks need a more lively half back line and Morrison would help provide that. He's tough, creative and a good kick, if he plays round 1 he could be in my team. WATCH AND SEE
James Cousins ($102,400 - MID) - Contested midfielder on the rookie list that will struggle to get games in 2017. A prospect, but no relevance for SC this year. PASS
Oli Hanrahan ($109,900 - MID/FOR) - Lightly framed midfielder and won't get a game in the first half of the year. PASS
Mitchell Lewis ($117,300 - FOR) - Still pissing myself. LOCK

SC Prospects:
Ryan Burton ($254,600 - DEF/FOR) - Was drafted last year after missing the entire season due to a bad leg break. Was touted to go top 5 before the injury and was not expected to play for Box Hill at all in 2016. Broke into the seniors after 1 game at Box Hill and was our best on ground in the Qualifying final against Geelong before going down with an injury.
He has everything, tall, fast, elite kick, racks up the ball, strong mark and a bit of a campaigner. He has been told to work on his burst speed as he is going to be played as a running/intercepting half back (similar to the role Docherty plays). He should play 22 games next year and is a lock for my team pending fitness for round 1. Don't take the risk on Cam McCarthy, Burton will blitz his scoring in the first 10 rounds. LOCK
Jack Gunston ($502,300 - FOR) - One of our more consistent players and would be a point of difference in the forward line. If Roughead plays round 1, I'd seriously look at Gunston as he won't get the number 1 defender and will play lots of time on the wing. POTENTIAL LOCK
Jarryd Roughead ($367,100 - FOR)
- Underpriced assuming he's playing each week, but obviously a big risk. If he lines up round 1, you'd have to consider him, he's good for >90 a game and with our forward options looking a lot weaker this year he could be a bargain. WAIT AND SEE
Isaac Smith ($440,200 - MID/FWD)
- He averaged 90 in 2015, and had a bad finish to 2016 so he does come in underpriced. I wouldn't consider him if he was just a forward, but again, because of our lack of options in the forward line, he should be considered. He is known to get tagged quite a bit and struggled with it last year, but he should get some easier possessions this year running out of the half back line as we look to evolve our game plan. Could easily average in the low 90s which would mean he finishes a top 10 forward. POTENTIAL LOCK

Burton is a huge talent but I think you are a bit optimistic for a guy who has only played 4 games. He'd want to average close to keeper (85-90ppg+) at that price to get the same return that a good 120k rookie delivers. He won't do that. And he might play 22 games next season. Or he might spend a few games at Box Hill here and there.

What do you think about Hodge? I think he could be a sneaky good (but risky) choice remembering the season a few years ago where he went nuts in the first month.

I like the idea of Tmitch but It's hard to know what he will do at a new club that's had a mini clean out. Could be allowed off the chain and rack up sone of those 40+ possession games.
Priced the same as Fyfe is a bit s**t.

Roughie would look nice in my forward line though.

How much is Rough? You would think he'd only play 15 games at best and a long way off his best.

Hasn't Roughie been under chemo?
Wow thats gotta mess with his fitness, can you Hawks fans confirm this.
Not chemotherapy, he had immunotherapy treatment.

It's not as toxic to the body but it still knocks you around a lot.

He still hasn't completed rehab for his PCL properly, so he's got to focus on that as well as his fitness, strength and conditioning.

He won't play round one, unless he's ready and if he's ready he'll most likely be in my team.

I like the idea of Tmitch but It's hard to know what he will do at a new club that's had a mini clean out. Could be allowed off the chain and rack up sone of those 40+ possession games.
Priced the same as Fyfe is a bit s**t.

Roughie would look nice in my forward line though.

It makes sense that he would be +10 on last year but I just can't have him. I don't think he's going to hurt you if you don't pick him but on the other hand he'll also be a decent pick if you do get him. Confused? Good.

It makes sense that he would be +10 on last year but I just can't have him. I don't think he's going to hurt you if you don't pick him but on the other hand he'll also be a decent pick if you do get him. Confused? Good.
Agreed. Not a lock and possibly not a POD.
He's stuck in SC no mans land.

Agreed. Not a lock and possibly not a POD.
He's stuck in SC no mans land.

Wearing a Hawthorn jumper has basically been no mans land too, which is another concern. But they obviously aren't as even as they used to be either so...I dunno. I think there will be a mid rookie pop up during nab for them so I'd much rather have him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently the Brisbane rookie Blake Grewar is a bit of a pig.
Averaged 30 touches in the NEAFL.
Lead his club (Redland) for contested posis, clearances and inside 50s too.
102k mid only.

I think the tiges draftees this year will be pretty SC friendly.
Bolton looks like he's got a few tricks, wouldn't expect him to average >60 but early days looks like he might get a gig and make a bit of cash, DPP is nice too.
Graham is supposed to be 18 years old. He looks like a full grown man. Apparently not the best by foot but is handball happy anyways. Can see him playing round 1.
Garthwaite is a KPD and the least likely to get a gig, he's from my area and I've seen him play a fair bit, gets knocked about his kicking action but the kicks come off fine, just looks a bit suss.
His home club, Corowa, were very poor this year in the O&M (0-18), mainly due to them being a ridiculously young side. I'm pretty sure he was the only Corowa player to poll 3 league votes in a game. That game was the only one he played for Corowa, as he was playing for bushies the rest of the year. He played as a fwd and kicked 3 goals against the reigning 3peat premiers, Albury. He also has some outrageous goal tallies as a junior (won the league goalkicking with 35 goals in 9 games lol), but played purely as a backman in the TAC.

What a top footy name McCluggage, kinda like the only reason I got Ruggles last season.. turned out ok too

I only picked Ruggles, so I could yell out 'Tally-Ho' whilst watching Geelong games.

But you're missing a premo by putting all of them in....
True, but for me it feels better to make a team that i am happy with knowing that i won't need to reshuffle if the best and/or only rookies available are the expensive ones. Its just a mentality thing, i know it doesn't make an actual quantifiable difference. I don't actually plan on selecting all the high priced rookies so when/if i downgrade them ill be happy to slot in another premium rather than potentially needing to get rid of a premium. The net effect is the same, it just feels better to me to plan for the worst so to speak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back