Youf/Academy Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Brahim and Foden scored ours. Brahim has been doing it at U18 level for a while now, normally plays in the U23's but think we played our youth champions league players on the weekend. Foden's name is coming up more and more, first year in the U18's and he hasn't had any trouble with the jump up in age group.

This is one of our kids in the U16's on the weekend. Stevie Me's cousin jod23. Scores for fun in the U16's, has doubled up with a bench spot in the U18's after the U16's game a few times and recently scored a hattrick against Brazil for England.

Any backstory on that kid? You'd think if he was Gerrard's cousin, he'd be a scouser and a mad LFC fan, so I wonder how he has ended up at City. Particularly having family connections to Liverpool. If he is super talented surely Gerrard would have known about it and brought him into the Liverpool set up. An interesting one.

Any backstory on that kid? You'd think if he was Gerrard's cousin, he'd be a scouser and a mad LFC fan, so I wonder how he has ended up at City. Particularly having family connections to Liverpool. If he is super talented surely Gerrard would have known about it and brought him into the Liverpool set up. An interesting one.
Lots of kids in academies play for teams they don't support for a variety of reasons .

Think of the pressure he'd be under as Gerrard's cousin at Liverpool.

he's apparently the only player at any age level to score a hat trick for england against brazil.

he was never on the books of liverpool. they overlooked him and he went to wigan before we picked him up when he was 10. his two younger brothers are at liverpool.

he's apparently the only player at any age level to score a hat trick for england against brazil.

he was never on the books of liverpool. they overlooked him and he went to wigan before we picked him up when he was 10. his two younger brothers are at liverpool.
Ah ok, interesting one to keep an eye. Ill also have to keep an eye on the two younger brothers at Liverpool.

Any Man City fans think Brahim Diaz will be on the bench for EPL games since Aguero is suspended? Or maybe wait until the FA cup?
unlikely. sterling and delph will come back into the squad. i think sterling is meant to be fit for the weekend.

Brahim has been a bit down on form of late. Being played as a striker, he's done ok and scored a few. But he's much better as an AM. Was great today in that position.

Don't think he would be close to a spot on the bench but hard to Pep on things like this.

Harry Winks making his debut jd2010 Doctor Gero go you pups
index.php

Numbers are the be all and end all of course and this is a small sample size, he just seems to play well when he gets a chance.
Tough given he's behind Dembele but at 29 and with a history of niggles he may get some more chances.

As much as I'd love him because the Wanyama/Schneiderlin partnership was very effective at Soton, particularly when Poch was there, if you do offload him we won't go for him I'd imagine. They'll likely back in Winks.

index.php

Numbers are the be all and end all of course and this is a small sample size, he just seems to play well when he gets a chance.
Tough given he's behind Dembele but at 29 and with a history of niggles he may get some more chances.

As much as I'd love him because the Wanyama/Schneiderlin partnership was very effective at Soton, particularly when Poch was there, if you do offload him we won't go for him I'd imagine. They'll likely back in Winks.
I used a similar sample size to show that Rashford was better than Ronnie, Messi and bitey racist. Just 2nd to Neymar :D

I used a similar sample size to show that Rashford was better than Ronnie, Messi and bitey racist. Just 2nd to Neymar :D

I once kicked 4 goals in my only GF.
So Gero>>>>Tom Boyd. Now, where's my million bucks :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think our U23's and 18's are top of their leagues after the weekend games.

Youth league team got drawn away to Salzburg.

Bit of bad news for one of our kids. Has had a lot of injury problems the last few years. Now has had a heart problrm detected and had a loan spell at Go Ahead Eagles cut short as a result. Hopefully a resolvable problem.

Finally, it's youth cup time. We've got Reading on Thursday which will be tough. A comp I really want us to win again.

Watching United v Southampton in the cup now. Only just started.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back