Big Bash

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
A few big bash tournament bets I didnt mind. Going an outsider in brisbane heat at 10s to win, relying on them making a heap which they have the bats to do so. Bowling stocks look a bit weak tho. Like the odds.

Most poles Strikers. Chris Jordan 6s. Rashid is favourite for this at 3.50 but pretty sure he is playing for his country and Jordan was bought over for his replacement.

Most poles Stars. Hastings at 3.50. Bowls a lot at the death.

Most poles Scorchers. Andrew Tye 3.75 is my bet. Behrendorff 5s and dont think he's playing. Paris is 13s, mite play one or two games late.

Most poles Sixers. Jackson Bird at 15s. Odds are based on him playing a bit for Aussies. Dont reckon he will, could be wrong, looks overs tho.

Most runs Heat. B. McCullum at 3.75, opens up and not afraid to take advantage of field restrictions.

Most runs Scorchers. Bell at 4.50. Could open, both Marsh's could be in and out of aussies team.

McCullum is absolute poison odds. Might win it, but I'd rather be on Lynn at that price. I'd take $5 for Lynn if I could get that. Jimmy Pierson is worth a dabble at double figure odds too for the Heat.

There is a few I like

Thunder: Patterson most runs (will open with Watson injured for the first 2-3 games), small play on Nair/Ahmed most wickets.
Strikers: no bets, as it depends on Rashid.
Hobart: Paine most runs.
Sixers: Sausage Legs , Bird is no hope. Test series is on at the same time, he's in the side or at least teh squad so wouldn't be available. Henriques most runs could be the play here.
Stars: Marcus Harris most runs.
Renegades: no bets. Can't pick this side whatsoever.

Heat will not win the tournament, as you said they have no bowlers. Have added extra batsmen to the team (Ross and McCullum) when that was never their problem. Put a line through them and the Hurricanes, Renegades are also short on bowlers although Narine and Hogg will prove handy on the Etihad wicket.

My tip for most runs/wickets:
Thunder- Patterson (only because Watson is injured), Ahmed
Sixers- Henriques (they have a lot of international players and their imports are only playing 4 matches each), Bollinger
Strikers- Hodge, Richardson
Heat- Lynn, Badree
Renegades- Harris, Narine
Hurricanes- Sangakkara (lightning won't strike twice), Boyce
Scorchers- Bell (should play the anchor role), Tye (not sure on Paris' fitness, massive value at $13 if fit but unlikely)
Stars- Pietersen (anchor role), Zampa

Value bet- Ashton Turner most scorcher runs $41, this will depend on where he bats but form suggests he should be somewhere in the top 6.

Ahh didn't realise Hastings injured again. and im still gunna ride the heat train this year at 10s. Multi with Melbourne in Nbl @6s. #pray for s-legs

Last edited:
Ahh didn't realise Hastings injured again. and im still gunna ride the heat train this year at 10s. Multi with Melbourne in Nbl @6s. #pray for s-legs

If you think a side with Josh Lalor bowling is going to win...jeez. If you want a mid range team to surprises, Sixers would be a better option, at least they have good bowlers, and if Henriques fires (he's a gun T20 bat), who knows.

Should play at least 6, and with Hastings injured there really isn't a better option. Beer isn't really a wicket taker and can't say I see Boland taking many.

Not sure 6 would be enough and Zampa isn't really a big wicketaker, to win he'd need 2 a game minimum. Is Tremain in the squad? He could be an option.

If you think a side with Josh Lalor bowling is going to win...jeez. If you want a mid range team to surprises, Sixers would be a better option, at least they have good bowlers, and if Henriques fires (he's a gun T20 bat), who knows.
Yeah bowling the big issue. Another positive is that heat shouldn't be affected by players missing games thru international cricket. On another note, reckon big show could go large b4 one Dayers kick off again

Yeah bowling the big issue. Another positive is that heat shouldn't be affected by players missing games thru international cricket. On another note, reckon big show could go large b4 one Dayers kick off again

LOL the Big Show probably will have 1-2 great performances, before batting like a drunk and throwing his wicket away.

Heat won't win, they will be lucky to make the top 6. Their bowling is utterly diabolical.

Chris Lynn if he comes back well could be in the ODI's. Our middle order in ODI cricket changes all the time.

LOL the Big Show probably will have 1-2 great performances, before batting like a drunk and throwing his wicket away.

Heat won't win, they will be lucky to make the top 6. Their bowling is utterly diabolical.

Chris Lynn if he comes back well could be in the ODI's. Our middle order in ODI cricket changes all the time.
The odds would suggest u will be right but nonetheless that's wot I'm on. s**t gets wickets. Love the big bash even more than international T20s. Good watching every night. Best of luck post surgery LP.

The odds would suggest u will be right but nonetheless that's wot I'm on. s**t gets wickets. Love the big bash even more than international T20s. Good watching every night. Best of luck post surgery LP.

Hate International T20'S, I'll watch us bat but I wouldn't have a clue who won the games. Go to every Thunder home game, and I love doing that. Commentators are very good too and that helps when you are watching on TV.

Heat will need Lynn firing, without him I think they are struggling to win a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hate International T20'S, I'll watch us bat but I wouldn't have a clue who won the games. Go to every Thunder home game, and I love doing that. Commentators are very good too and that helps when you are watching on TV.

Heat will need Lynn firing, without him I think they are struggling to win a game.
Ha yeah agree with that. I went to every strikers game apart from New Year's Eve which was game of the ever when Head made a name for himself.

Ha yeah agree with that. I went to every strikers game apart from New Year's Eve which was game of the ever when Head made a name for himself.

Love the IPL too, just a pity it's not televised much

Normally a boat load of promos for this tournament so if you find any put them up.

Will never find a promo as good as WA Tab's big bash one last year. Cash back if your team made 150+ but lost. Max $50 but took them a few weeks to realise you could put as many slips through the machine as you liked. Christmas came early in 2015

Heat 10s into 7s so a few people comin for a ride. 80 on gives cash out of 97 already. Mite have to cash out before rd 1 where they lose the toss, bowl first and have to chase two fiddy.

This. I have no interest in International T20's, but love the BBL. They've developed a fantastic product.

Thanks for reminding me of the Bish Bash. I made an absolute killing on this last year with live betting and pre game betting immediately after the coin toss with exotic bets.
I also found for the last 2 years that the first few rounds can be a lottery. I'm sure that I've taken the underdog up to about round 8 and come out in profit. Bookies just seemed to have it wrong more often than not in the early rounds.

Combined with the TAB money back special mentioned earlier it was magic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back