news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
Like him or not, he's just Jon Jones, and he's also perhaps the greatest mma fighter of all time.

I have no problems with the guy, and looking forward to his comeback, he's had way too much time out of the sport!

He is a great fighter but has made stupid and dangerous mistakes.

I don't understand how you don't have problems with someone drug driving who injured a pregnant lady and appears to have little remorse. The criticism is valid.

Personally think further head trauma probably isn't the wisest for someone who already has impulse control problems.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland
Jon is pretty obviously a shitty human being but I'd still pay to watch him in the cage, I don't know how to feel about that.

I would pay to see him lose.

Jul 8, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
He is a great fighter but has made stupid and dangerous mistakes.

I don't understand how you don't have problems with someone drug driving who injured a pregnant lady and appears to have little remorse. The criticism is valid.

Personally think further head trauma probably isn't the wisest for someone who already has impulse control problems.
We all make mistakes, we learn from them, and we move on over time.

If u can't forgive, so be it...

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
We all make mistakes, we learn from them, and we move on over time.

If u can't forgive, so be it...

It's not about forgiveness, he hasn't wronged me.

I just think that he clearly has deep issues and fighting isn't in his or the public's best interests. That's coming from someone who loves watching him work but I have little doubt he'll be another Ben Cousins type in years to come.

Im assuming cyborg just doesnt wanna fight at the moment and that's fine. It also sounds like she doesnt wanna own that decision and is trying to put it on the UFC for "making" her cut to 140 and Lockhart for not being great at his job i guess.

I had a problem with lockhart giving her a contraceptive pill to help with her weight cut last time, but i also had a problem with cyborg claiming it was on the UFC for only offering her 140 pound fights.

Clearly the UFC wanted to be in the cyborg business, but not another extreamly shallow division business. She is just to big. she could have stayed in Invicta.

If the UFC was to incorporate something similar to ONE fc's weight cutting guidelines, we would only ever get to see her fight Gabi Garcia is an open weight fight in whatever crooked commision sanctioned it (most likely texas).

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
I saw all of that before making my comments but I stand by them. Weight cutting is part of the sport, if you're not going to take a title fight on 8 weeks notice (or possibly even more if Dana is to be believed) then I'm not sure being a professional fighter is for you.

More than anything I think it discredits a lot of what she has said about the UFC not supporting her.

I saw all of that before making my comments but I stand by them. Weight cutting is part of the sport, if you're not going to take a title fight on 8 weeks notice (or possibly even more if Dana is to be believed) then I'm not sure being a professional fighter is for you.

More than anything I think it discredits a lot of what she has said about the UFC not supporting her.
Yeh i agree, i just think her reason for knocking back the fights are more than valid, but she needs to take alot of responsibilityfor being in that spot. shes a grown up, no one made her do anything.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yeh i agree, i just think her reason for knocking back the fights are more than valid, but she needs to take alot of responsibilityfor being in that spot. shes a grown up, no one made her do anything.

Totally agree, frankly she can knock back a fight for whatever reason she chooses, none would be invalid in my book.

Or take an appropriate amount of time to safely make the cut to her preferred division, which she is doing.

She was given enough imo.
Then again Brock wasn't tested pre fight for 4 months so maybe she should get the amount of time she wanted

UFC seem to bend over backwards for the 'superstars' or bigger names but not so much for everyone else

Back