Universal Love Ross Lyonisms

Remove this Banner Ad

What the **** does that even mean?

Sometimes I wish this bloke would man up and tell the media he hates them, or actually speak in proper English and not in buzz phrases. The supporters deserve some sort of transparency about what he thinks and what's going on. These cliches get trotted out because they're so vague, in the future, they can't be tracked back to him and hurled back at him.
It means the messages coming from the leadership group aren't undermined (eroded) by one mistake (wave).

What the **** does that even mean?

Sometimes I wish this bloke would man up and tell the media he hates them, or actually speak in proper English and not in buzz phrases. The supporters deserve some sort of transparency about what he thinks and what's going on. These cliches get trotted out because they're so vague, in the future, they can't be tracked back to him and hurled back at him.
Yes he should get you as his spokesperson. I'm sure your deep and insightful analysis would help the club enormously.

There was a whole thread on the main board where you manned up and told the world what you thought of Fremantle - that went well.

Man I wish you would just come out and say who you really support because it sure isn't Fremantle!

Silent is allowed an opinion it's not Dockerland.
Of course he is, and so is everyone else. Because someone might disagree with him and think he is a compete tosser does not invalidate their opinion.

If he was banned for giving an opinion or his posts were deleted THEN it would be Dockerland.

Edit: Beat me to it salim malik!

Gotta agree with SA a bit here. WTF does "one lap of the wave" mean exactly? It's not a saying I've heard before and it doesn't make a lot of sense. Is the quote accurate? Reminds me of job interviews where applciants sprout all kinds of crap trying to sound smart. Anyway, I'm a Ross fan, so he can say whatever the hell he likes as long as he gets us back into the September action.

Gotta agree with SA a bit here. WTF does "one lap of the wave" mean exactly? It's not a saying I've heard before and it doesn't make a lot of sense. Is the quote accurate? Reminds me of job interviews where applciants sprout all kinds of crap trying to sound smart. Anyway, I'm a Ross fan, so he can say whatever the hell he likes as long as he gets us back into the September action.
If you listen to the whole interview Nodgey it makes perfect sense. AS I said, people get incensed about a snippet of an interview without hearing it in context.

It was a great interview, well worth a listed if you have 15 minutes spare. :thumbsu:

It means the messages coming from the leadership group aren't undermined (eroded) by one mistake (wave).

I did skim through the interview yesterday because of a slow internet connection, and won't go back to it now, but he mentioned something about a built up culture not eroding away suddenly, that it gets eroded away over time. (my interpretation being... one wave doesn't erode it away but a series of waves might). Lap as in lapping onto the shore or the coastline. Could seem like a mixed metaphor otherwise - rather than a cliché.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I did skim through the interview yesterday because of a slow internet connection, and won't go back to it now, but he mentioned something about a built up culture not eroding away suddenly, that it gets eroded away over time. (my interpretation being... one wave doesn't erode it away but a series of waves might). Lap as in lapping onto the shore or the coastline.

Yeah that's the key point. It only doesn't make sense if you think the wave is doing laps of the pool or something.

From freo website:

One of those players in question is from the leadership group, how much does that erode the messages coming from there?

I don’t think it erodes it. Erosion occurs over a long period of time. Water takes a long period of time to erode away strong structures and soils. It doesn’t happen with one lap of the wave or one incident. We feel our leadership group is quite strong. Obviously you are referring to Michael Johnson and as I said it isn’t pleasing and ideally it didn’t happen but again it is before the courts and there is a fair bit to play out here and work through. But again, it is not pleasing.

SA , what you expect Ross to said ?
Johnson should never play again ?

From freo website:

One of those players in question is from the leadership group, how much does that erode the messages coming from there?

I don’t think it erodes it. Erosion occurs over a long period of time. Water takes a long period of time to erode away strong structures and soils. It doesn’t happen with one lap of the wave or one incident. We feel our leadership group is quite strong. Obviously you are referring to Michael Johnson and as I said it isn’t pleasing and ideally it didn’t happen but again it is before the courts and there is a fair bit to play out here and work through. But again, it is not pleasing.

SA , what you expect Ross to said ?
Johnson should never play again ?
That makes so much more sense than the quote in isolation.

I did skim through the interview yesterday because of a slow internet connection, and won't go back to it now, but he mentioned something about a built up culture not eroding away suddenly, that it gets eroded away over time. (my interpretation being... one wave doesn't erode it away but a series of waves might). Lap as in lapping onto the shore or the coastline.) Could seem like a mixed metaphor otherwise - rather than a cliché.
Now it makes sense. Of course I couldn't be arsed listening to whole the interview myself.

That makes so much more sense than the quote in isolation.
This is why I get so annoyed with muppets like Silent Alarm who come on here, read a small snippet of something and fly off about how Ross needs to "man up". If he had bothered to actually listen to or read the interview he would have seen that Ross did explain exactly what the club is thinking.

Shallow analysis is shallow analysis and should be called out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back