news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Jul 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland
She was given enough imo.
Then again Brock wasn't tested pre fight for 4 months so maybe she should get the amount of time she wanted

UFC seem to bend over backwards for the 'superstars' or bigger names but not so much for everyone else

3 months to drop around 15 kilo's for an athlete who doesn't carry around much fat is tough. I agree she probably had enough time to do it, but it's her body and her decision at the end of the day. She can't complain that the title fight has been made in her division now.

Agree re Brock. That was a money grab on the UFC's behalf and Cyborg, as popular as she is is not going to bring the same amount of coin in as Brock so she gets no concessions.

Lol, anyone see this.
Saw that the other day. My favourite part is how they don't provide the video showing how accidental it actually was, but provide a still photo that suits their narrative. :thumbsu:

Saw that the other day. My favourite part is how they don't provide the video showing how accidental it actually was, but provide a still photo that suits their narrative. :thumbsu:
Yeah, it has been poorly covered by some. Even using words like 'horrifying' make it seem like an attack not an accident.

Apparently she took it without going down.

in b4 we see her on the next UFC card fighting Joanna. She looks like she'd be at 115.

Dignan

All Australian
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
76ers
Thought Cowboy might get someone slightly higher ranked, but still keen on this one.

Jul 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland
Masvidal vs Cerrone is a fight I've wanted to see for a long time. Masvidal will have a big boxing advantage and Cerrone will enjoy the same sort of advantage with his kicks. I give Cerrone a very slight edge as Masvidal has a habit of coasting in fights (see his "loss" to Iaquinta), but can definitely see Jorge getting his hand raised.

Apr 16, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
A friend told me to listen to the MMAAA conference call. On it they basically summed up all the reasons why I stopped watching. I really enjoyed watching MMA but the awful realities of the sport combined with the lack of power the athletes hold outweighed the enjoyment I got. Hopefully one of these associations gets something to drastically change. Until that happens, the UFC isn't getting any of my money. I really don't care how things change now. If it really hurts the UFC, but benefits the fighters, good. If it hurts fan enjoyment, but benefits the fighters, good. I'd rather watch something less enjoyable that is good for the people risking their health than watching fighters get ****ed over for my enjoyment.

I've been paying almost no attention to MMA for the last 2-3 months. Obviously I heard about McGregor winning and holding two titles at the same time. That's a great achievement. Well done to the him.

Been looking at some news over the last day or so. Machida getting suspended for 18 months is a ******* joke. 7-keto-DHEA is not proven to be a PED. Caffeine is a PED. WADA is no longer strict on caffeine, but they were at one stage. There is no logical reason behind the different treatments of the two. WADA is a ******* joke, that's not new. They can do whatever they want because nobody oversees them and because people think WADA actually knows what they're doing, so they bow down to their authority. WADA claims that substances are banned because they are PEDs and/or becasue they pose a risk to the athletes. 7-keto-DHEA isn't a PED (certainly less so of one than ******* caffeine) and it is freely sold to the public. Nobody cares though. Everybody loves USADA becasue they're cleaning up the sport lol. The USADA deal is just another instance of the athletes being completely ****ed over.

This title fight between Holm and de Randamie is a joke. Pretty good chance de Randamie wins, which would be good because Holm becoming a two division champion in these circumstances would be laughable. They made Cyborg cut to 140 for no ******* reason twice. Then they decide to make a title fight at 145 and can't wait less than a month for Cyborg to compete for the inaugral title lol. They could have made this division years ago, or when they had Cyborg compete into the UFC. They've had years, but couldn't wait less than a month. The Invicta FW champion will be a more prestigious title than the UFC one when the UFC champ is crowned lol.

And fancy making fun of the way someone looks (as Dana White has done with Cyborg) when you looked like this:

young_dana1.jpg

A friend told me to listen to the MMAAA conference call. On it they basically summed up all the reasons why I stopped watching. I really enjoyed watching MMA but the awful realities of the sport combined with the lack of power the athletes hold outweighed the enjoyment I got. Hopefully one of these associations gets something to drastically change. Until that happens, the UFC isn't getting any of my money. I really don't care how things change now. If it really hurts the UFC, but benefits the fighters, good. If it hurts fan enjoyment, but benefits the fighters, good. I'd rather watch something less enjoyable that is good for the people risking their health than watching fighters get stuffed over for my enjoyment.

I've been paying almost no attention to MMA for the last 2-3 months. Obviously I heard about McGregor winning and holding two titles at the same time. That's a great achievement. Well done to the him.

Been looking at some news over the last day or so. Machida getting suspended for 18 months is a ******* joke. 7-keto-DHEA is not proven to be a PED. Caffeine is a PED. WADA is no longer strict on caffeine, but they were at one stage. There is no logical reason behind the different treatments of the two. WADA is a ******* joke, that's not new. They can do whatever they want because nobody oversees them and because people think WADA actually knows what they're doing, so they bow down to their authority. WADA claims that substances are banned because they are PEDs and/or becasue they pose a risk to the athletes. 7-keto-DHEA isn't a PED (certainly less so of one than ******* caffeine) and it is freely sold to the public. Nobody cares though. Everybody loves USADA becasue they're cleaning up the sport lol. The USADA deal is just another instance of the athletes being completely stuffed over.

This title fight between Holm and de Randamie is a joke. Pretty good chance de Randamie wins, which would be good because Holm becoming a two division champion in these circumstances would be laughable. They made Cyborg cut to 140 for no ******* reason twice. Then they decide to make a title fight at 145 and can't wait less than a month for Cyborg to compete for the inaugral title lol. They could have made this division years ago, or when they had Cyborg compete into the UFC. They've had years, but couldn't wait less than a month. The Invicta FW champion will be a more prestigious title than the UFC one when the UFC champ is crowned lol.

And fancy making fun of the way someone looks (as Dana White has done with Cyborg) when you looked like this:

young_dana1.jpg
Fine rant.

And good to see you.

Im seeing rumors that Holloway has turned down a march 3 fight against aldo because he wants to enjoy the holidays.

And the UFC need a title fight on the card....

So they are trying to make Aldo vs..... Khabib...

For the INTERIM LIGHTWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP.

haha this is coming out of Aldos mouth.

McGregor is gunna be PISSED!

Back