BF Awards The 2016 Unofficial Preview of the Year - In Memory of the Melbourne Bandwagon, Rd1-Rd22, 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Ladies and gents;

This is the one you've been waiting for. You've all bled into these previews. Thank you to everyone who wrote a preview throughout the year - I got a giggle from every one. From the surreal to the downright hilarious, you all put in a great effort.

This year, we had (by popular demand) six top nominations for the UPotY. They are:

Round 1 v GWS - Striker475
Round 3 v North - d33my
Round 8 v Western Bulldogs - Benwah83
Round 12 v Collingwood - Proper Gander
Round 16 v Fremantle - darthsidusfan
Round 19 v Gold Coast - Sir Hugh Percy

How the voting works:

Each mod nominates a 6-5-4-3-2-1 vote order. They can re-allocate votes within that order if they like.

In addition, the board's posters are invited to nominate a 6-5-4-3-2-1. Their votes are collated, and the highest vote-getter gets the 6, second-highest gets the 5, and so on. The board's votes are equivalent to one moderator's votes.

So...let's begin!

Sixth Place - Round 16 v Fremantle - darthsidusfan

A predictor of Hogan's re-signing, this post-apocalyptic time-travelling thriller saw Jack Viney save us all from the clutches of the evil Ross and his terrible defenses. The notable appearance of the Pav-1000 sent shivers down my spine.

Thanks for your posting this year darthsidusfan !

The competition this year genuinely went up a notch - very hard rating you talented buggers this year.

Genuinely lol'd many times on the train to work whilst re-reading them all. :thumbsu:

:thumbsu:
Top work Darthsidusfan

Hey can we stretch this out a bit and do the rest tomorrow because I'm a bit pizzled. Thanks :thumbsu:
We always stretch this out 1 place per night - tonight belongs to 6th placed darthsidusfan.

(You pisshead :D)

The competition this year genuinely went up a notch - very hard rating you talented buggers this year.

Genuinely lol'd many times on the train to work whilst re-reading them all. :thumbsu:
Excellent. I can't be too shitfaced yet because I decided to throw you a like and I pulled it off. Did I read that bit above right about the boards votes (I mean THE WHOLE BOARD's vote) are equivalent to just one mod?

We always stretch this out 1 place per night - tonight belongs to 6th placed darthsidusfan.

Really? Cool because I'm going to drink wine exactly now and watch Weideman beat the Hawks.

Excellent. I can't be too shitfaced yet because I decided to throw you a like and I pulled it off. Did I read that bit above right about the boards votes (I mean THE WHOLE BOARD's vote) are equivalent to just one mod?
I for one believe half-arsed democracy is a good thing!

We sure know how to keep offseason interesting on here.

Then tonight is my party night.

Fifth Place - Round 1 - Striker475

Creating the legend of the bandwagon, this piece saw references to the weight of one Clarabel Clarence Clarry Clayton Oliver, slurs about Western Sydney that would make Eddie blush and a marking of the continuance of Biff's encounters with the Grog Squad. The surprise appearance of this UP drew much attention.

Uhh...so...do I thank myself here? This is an odd position to be in.

Creating the legend of the bandwagon, this piece saw references to the weight of one Clarabel Clarence Clarry Clayton Oliver, slurs about Western Sydney that would make Eddie blush and a marking of the continuance of Biff's encounters with the Grog Squad. The surprise appearance of this UP drew much attention.

That's pretty awkward.

But massive thumbs up for really getting the unofficial preview together this year and the bandwagon was inspired.

like getting a past winner to give a brownlow to a current winner. i pass my 6th place congratulations and thank you's which you gave me onto you, which you can then pass to whoever came 4th

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Awesome effort once again mate.

Cheers for organising and the bandwagon theme was a winner.

Will we have a new theme next year?

should have won

Awesome effort once again mate.

Cheers for organising and the bandwagon theme was a winner.

Will we have a new theme next year?
Got a couple of ideas floating around

Fourth Place - Round 19 v Gold Coast - Sir Hugh Percy

Drawing upon an oft-downloaded incest murder drama, the adventures of the leaders of Melbournos (and the discovery of the finest of steeds, Range Rover Sport) drew many laughs among the collective. Lord Brickhands (may he rest in piece) was a real highlight.

Thank you so much for the creativity Sir Hugh Percy !

Third Place - Round 3 v North - d33my

This journey into the depths - of both Port Phillip and the mind of Malcolm Blight - was oddly surreal and strangely peaceful. Although I do believe that the Jesse Hogan doll somehow floated upstream to AAMI Park.

Thank you for your posting this year d33my!

i felt so sure d33my was going to win after we got him in the voting
Just for interests sake this is the way the Posters voted with accumulated points:
1st - d33my - 58
2nd - Proper Gander - 53
3rd - Benwah - 42
4th - Sir Hugh Percy - 36
5th - darthsidusfan - 31
6th - Striker475 - 28

Just for interests sake this is the way the Posters voted with accumulated points:
1st - d33my - 58
2nd - Proper Gander - 53
3rd - Benwah - 42
4th - Sir Hugh Percy - 36
5th - darthsidusfan - 31
6th - Striker475 - 28
Kind of like winning the popular vote but being messed around by the college vote system.

Kind of like winning the popular vote but being messed around by the college vote system.
Very much so. One would hope that the Russians haven't been involved in this, unless of course Russian Demon has infiltrated the Mods voting system!

Very much so. One would hope that the Russians haven't been involved in this, unless of course Russian Demon has infiltrated the Mods voting system!
они не участвуют

Remove this Banner Ad

Back